Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

2 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

I like em simple.

word. my 4 part test for a great cheeseburger:

1.  Need Napkins (Plural) - grease needs to be rolling down my wrist by the end

2   It Can Stand on its Own -  it is just as good, or even better, plain - maybe add a condiment 

3. Molten Cheese - not melted, molten.  you can't tell where the burger ends and the cheese begins 

4. I Can See My Reflection in the Bun - self explanatory

• Like 1

Twice in the late week, I’ve cooked picanha on the BGE. Last Sunday, I did a straight grill over high heat after using EVOO+Perini Ranch steak rub+Hardcore Carnivore Black. Was awesome. Ran it again last night for my dad and his buddy, who were in town.

I was smoking some ribs so I smoked one picanha with salt/pepper/Black about an hour or 1:15 on 275-degree fire and then hot grilled the other with same Perini/Black rub mix as last Sunday. All I can is wow!

Last Sun — cut picanha in three “chunks” before grilling

77dc6bb9577679d22b49d2401e8f0693.jpg

Yesterday’s meat

f249347166339c68729cb7b3521bff6f.jpg

Smaller pieces below are one of the grilled chunks and the larger slices are from the smoked one, which I let go a little longer than I wanted. Cooked much faster than expected.

52963d6623b437e5550a3eeac329f13a.jpg
Where did you get the picanha?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spur08 said:
6 hours ago, C-Man said:
Twice in the late week, I’ve cooked picanha on the BGE. Last Sunday, I did a straight grill over high heat after using EVOO+Perini Ranch steak rub+Hardcore Carnivore Black. Was awesome. Ran it again last night for my dad and his buddy, who were in town.

I was smoking some ribs so I smoked one picanha with salt/pepper/Black about an hour or 1:15 on 275-degree fire and then hot grilled the other with same Perini/Black rub mix as last Sunday. All I can is wow!

Last Sun — cut picanha in three “chunks” before grilling

77dc6bb9577679d22b49d2401e8f0693.jpg

Yesterday’s meat

f249347166339c68729cb7b3521bff6f.jpg

Smaller pieces below are one of the grilled chunks and the larger slices are from the smoked one, which I let go a little longer than I wanted. Cooked much faster than expected.

52963d6623b437e5550a3eeac329f13a.jpg

Read more  

Where did you get the picanha?

Indeed, I’m looking to do a brazilian bbq for the gfs bday and this is her favorite cut

98828ee4ebc68248311f2e4f23d058a4.jpg
Chicharrones con carne en chile verde, frijoles de la hoya y tortillas de harina.

Crazy story: the Michoacána meat market that I purchased the chicharron from on Monday burned down this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tailgate said:

I eat pork chops like popsicles. Can’t get enough. Usually prefer thin but couldn’t pass up these two when I saw them.

fb077d5464dc3fc792baae6ad65d7983.jpg

I can't tell, but is that some sort of glaze or marinade?  I like pork chops, but I only sear them in the cast iron skillet and that gets boring. 

I can't tell, but is that some sort of glaze or marinade?  I like pork chops, but I only sear them in the cast iron skillet and that gets boring. 
You gotta sous vide them and then hit them for 60 seconds or so in a hot cast iron skillet. I don't know if I'll ever cook them any other way.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 7:13 PM, Tailgate said:

I eat pork chops like popsicles. Can’t get enough. Usually prefer thin but couldn’t pass up these two when I saw them.

fb077d5464dc3fc792baae6ad65d7983.jpg

Would smash.

Have you tried grilled pork chops smothered in some homemade brown gravy? There aren't many things better.

i gotta tell ya it was one of the best things i've ever put in my mouth.  bread pudding recipe was nyt's simple bread pudding, used a combo of sandwich bread i'd baked, banana bread i'd baked, and some bioche buns from the store.  really just odds and ends i'd put in the freezer.  sauce is serious eats whiskey-peach.  i'm out of cheap bourbon so used old overholt. 

• Like 2