Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

6 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

If someone is relegated to using catsup, does the amount even matter?  It’s like saying someone is “too much” aggy. 

i laughed at the aggy comment.  that said, but:

a. while i am a mayo with fries guy, ketchup is absolutely acceptable with fries

b. who the hell spells it "catsup"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

i laughed at the aggy comment.  that said, but:

a. while i am a mayo with fries guy, ketchup is absolutely acceptable with fries

b. who the hell spells it "catsup"

Here are the things in/on which I feel ketchup is acceptable:

-Fried potato products

-Meatloaf glaze

-Base of a bbq sauce

-Sloppy Joe sauce

I'm struggling to come up with more. 

11 hours ago, luke duke said:

Why can’t any of you shitheads tuck the wings on your chicken? Am I the only one here with any sense of common decency?

There was an attempt.  At first they were tied and tucked under the spit.  But being an amateur I didn’t tighten the screws enough, so after about 20 minutes the forks slid apart.  Metal was so hot I said fuck it and just pushed it back together and let the freedom wings fly.

4 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Bro...I need that recipe.

Taco meat, Velveeta shreds mexican cheese, corn tortillas, enchilada sauce (or much much better, make a batch of tex mex gravy, e.g. https://www.homesicktexan.com/2007/01/essence-of-tex-mex.html

Soften tortillas by lightly cooking with oil in a skillet. 

Pour some enchilada sauce or gravy in the bottom of the pan.

Stuff softened tortilla generously with cheese, roll, and place seam down until pan is filled.

Pour some enchilada sauce/gravy over the top, making sure to spread sauce all over the enchiladas so no bare areas are present.

Cover generously with cheese, top with some taco meat.

Beef variation: When rolling tortilla, place a small amount of cheese down, then taco meat on top and roll.  Ran out of the velveeta so had to use some regular kraft mexican, you can see how it is kinda stringy and oily in spots where it separates, compared to the processed cheese. I had a bunch of left over taco meat so I put that on top but it was overkill.  

Chicken variation: rotisserie chicken meat picked and chopped, heat some green sauce, mix chicken with green sauce. Roll, cover with green echilada sauce and monterey jack cheese.  This batch was also topped with a cilantro lime crema which took them to 11.  Probably some of the best chicken echiladas I've made. HEB fucked up the curbside order, so we had to use plain kraft mexican shredded cheese and didnt have any mj.  

The cheese filled have the right balance of cheese, meat and tortilla.  Wife wanted a variety, so I did the beef filling, but honestly would just prefer to have two trays of cheese. But you know how it is.  Undefeated.

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 11:29 AM, irishtexan said:

Did a green shakshuka with yellow onion, a green cubanelle, a jalapeño, garlic, shaved Brussels sprouts, roasted tomatillos, fried corn tortilla strips, cumin, paprika, queso fresco, and eggs, with avocado and Cilantro and more fried tortilla strips on top. Slammed. f08f680416df9d33ba0f4e717a9ffdf4.jpg

b571889a6a7fa720f0d44a7a14f02202.jpg

Couldn't get shakshuka out of my mind after this post, so made some for breakfast this morning. Used some left over enchilada sauce as the base.  Turned out OK, but could have used more sauce. And overcooked the egg yolks a bit.

E66-FE087-6-A3-E-4-E97-B067-E6-BE9-E6-C7

56-BBDCB7-CF6-E-4-E25-8906-49-F1-A804041

• Like 5

On 6/5/2020 at 3:13 PM, Anastasis said:

Taco meat, Velveeta shreds mexican cheese, corn tortillas, enchilada sauce (or much much better, make a batch of tex mex gravy, e.g. https://www.homesicktexan.com/2007/01/essence-of-tex-mex.html

Soften tortillas by lightly cooking with oil in a skillet. 

Pour some enchilada sauce or gravy in the bottom of the pan.

Stuff softened tortilla generously with cheese, roll, and place seam down until pan is filled.

Pour some enchilada sauce/gravy over the top, making sure to spread sauce all over the enchiladas so no bare areas are present.

Cover generously with cheese, top with some taco meat.

Beef variation: When rolling tortilla, place a small amount of cheese down, then taco meat on top and roll.  Ran out of the velveeta so had to use some regular kraft mexican, you can see how it is kinda stringy and oily in spots where it separates, compared to the processed cheese. I had a bunch of left over taco meat so I put that on top but it was overkill.  

Chicken variation: rotisserie chicken meat picked and chopped, heat some green sauce, mix chicken with green sauce. Roll, cover with green echilada sauce and monterey jack cheese.  This batch was also topped with a cilantro lime crema which took them to 11.  Probably some of the best chicken echiladas I've made. HEB fucked up the curbside order, so we had to use plain kraft mexican shredded cheese and didnt have any mj.  

The cheese filled have the right balance of cheese, meat and tortilla.  Wife wanted a variety, so I did the beef filling, but honestly would just prefer to have two trays of cheese. But you know how it is.  Undefeated.

Whenever we smoke or bake a chicken now, we cook an extra one for enchiladas the next night along with the requisite extra one for chicken salad. Reheat the chicken with diced onions and then we stir in some black beans before filling the tortillas. Rest of the recipe is the same sans crema. Kids destroy them which is surprising as I don’t think they would ever order enchiladas at a restaraunt.

• Like 1

Why'd you leave the head on that Carp?

That’s how its traditionally done. Google image fried mojarra meal and you’ll see the gist. My mom got all emo saying it reminded her of “dia de campo” back home lol.
  • Like 1