Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

Been drinking all day and was making the recipe up as I went so bear with me as I try to piece it together.

Made a brine that was 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup salt, 1 tbsp each fennel seed, anise, five spice and chile flake. Brined overnight.

Rubbed with salt and pepper and smoked it for 2 hours at 250-275 and then let cool for a bit, wrapped in foil and put in fridge to cool completely.

Shredded some carrots, red onion and sliced some Serranos thinly and pickled them for a few hours. Sugar, salt, white vinegar and water.

Wife did the buns, I wasn't paying attention but they kicked ass.

Sliced the pork belly, seared under high heat with olive oil and then reduced heat. Added five spice, maybe 2 tbsp brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, enough water to just cover it and a sprig of cinnamon and let it simmer and reduce for maybe 45 min.

For the spread it was 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup hoisin, 2 tbsp chili paste, 1 tbsp sesame seed oil and a teaspoon or two of soy and fish sauce.

I used parsley, would have preferred cilantro but wife hates it. Cucumber would have been great too but we didn't have any. Shit was good though, would do again.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/1/2020 at 4:08 PM, Armybrat said:

Son requested a giant chocolate chip cookie from HEB for his birthday this week. 
Since we are not going into HEB during the Covid crap even though it is open, Mrs. Brat decided to bake it herself.

Anyway today she baked an 11” diameter “practice” cookie today for me, but with chopped pecans instead of chocolate chips. She will trim son’s up with some chocolate icing..

53CFD101-2A0F-4234-A0E0-B031B4FA7E7D.jpeg

You’ll need something to dunk that in ...

raw-milk-bucket-406x250.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, elfenix said:
12 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:
Next time add more oil at the end and fry a little linger.  Mine got crisp in about 5 110 min.

3 and a half days seems a bit long

That’s what I get for typing a response on a phone without my glasses while walking the dog.  Let’s go with “longer” and “5-10 minutes”.

On 8/1/2020 at 10:45 AM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This is what I used from saveur.com.  Just mix ingredients together and let it sit all day in the fridge.  Didn’t use fresh oregano however.   It’s pretty much what I marinated the pork in for 5 hours.

• 14 cup fresh orange juice
  • 14 cup fresh lime juice
  • 14 cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp. kosher salt
  • 12 tsp. finely chopped fresh oregano
  • 14 tsp. ground cumin
  • 18 tsp. dried oregano
  • 12 cloves garlic, minced

Instead of orange and lemon juice get a bottle of seville orange (bitter orange) if you want it authentic.  Nothing like using seville oranges in a Cuban dish.  Also great for use in lechon asado which is a Cuban roast pork dish.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

Got my nuts snipped this morning. Kept frozen hatch peppers on my junk all day. Since they thawed out I made some Hatch quesadillas and margaritas. Pre-made couscous for the side. CM hatch salsa.e4c89c80cb0ffc4c8c9e465ffebb2353.jpgad2995ca6c300f3941f382dfa9951531.jpge4fc12506d524f5e653b9f7e41ede2a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Did your doc give you the xanax?  I only took half on the way in and saved the other half for the recovery effort that evening. 

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Well that sucks.  My guy complimented the size of my ballsack.  I felt that quite the compliment coming from a urologist. 

Funny, my fairly attractive female dentist complimented how big my tongue is last time I was there.  I mean, I know I have a big tongue, but she sees a lot of them so I must be in like the 1% to warrant her mentioning it.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Funny, my fairly attractive female dentist complimented how big my tongue is last time I was there.  I mean, I know I have a big tongue, but she sees a lot of them so I must be in like the 1% to warrant her mentioning it.

Dude, she wants you to lick the cooter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

You should’ve followed through.  I’ve seen a six minute video clip about how it would’ve ended if you did.

• Hook 'Em 1

Took some days off to hang out with my younger son who turned 5 yesterday. Spoiled brat asked for a two tiered Paw Patrol cake. Inside is a moist chocolate cake with Nutella buttercream frosting. Fuck fondant.

7dedaf3a38c869e0483d7020c5240119.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0a3c977f5613ee497dbbf6930406a3eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk