Bill Burr

midtown

4 hours ago, Continental Op said:

The podcast isn't as funny as it used to be as well.

It's turned into Bill googles an obscure topic after a stream of conscience rant followed by taking 10 minutes to get through that day's copy.

I still listen though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Continental Op said:

Watched it last night and was underwhelmed. The podcast isn't as funny as it used to be as well.

I agree with that.  I didn't miss an episode from November of 2015 through probably May of this year.

Bill, I don't care if you drink or not.  You're not an alcoholic.  I don't care what you eat.  You were never overweight.  You're clearly not an idiot, stop telling me how dumb you are.  Overall, I appreciate that he isn't full of himself, but sometimes he takes it to the point of the smoking hot chick who has to tell everyone that she's a fat piece of shit.

I still catch it regularly, but I'm not religious about it (like I once was).  It still has its moments, and as long as his stand up stays this good and F is Family keeps up it's high standards, knock yourself out Billy Red Nuts.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

• 9 months later...
13 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Anybody watching the new season of F is for Family?  I don't think I've ever watched anything that managed to be simultaneously incredibly depressing and hilarious like this season has.  

Haven’t seen it but you clearly have never watched BoJack. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Continental Op said:

Anybody watching the new season of F is for Family?  I don't think I've ever watched anything that managed to be simultaneously incredibly depressing and hilarious like this season has.  

I watched it and it was hilarious as always. 

• 3 months later...

Looked up the backlash.  Seems like it's mostly white women getting mad that he called them out for hijacking the woke movement after standing by oppressive white men for centuries.

So they go on Twitter to draw as much attention to themselves as they can, because of course they do.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

"You rolled around in the blood money" was so good

as a middle-aged upper middle class white woman, i laughed. that was the funniest part!

and i immediately thought of Carmela Soprano 🤣

he wasn't nearly as 'edgy' as Louis CK's monologue. people just can't take a joke. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, mchookem said:

as a middle-aged upper middle class white woman, i laughed. that was the funniest part!

and i immediately thought of Carmela Soprano 🤣

he wasn't nearly as 'edgy' as Louis CK's monologue. people just can't take a joke. 

Carmela Soprano is a wonderful analogy.  Instead of nearly 400 years of watching white women be complicit in one of the greatest crimes against humanity...you can just think of Carmela.  She's a convenient 25 year marriage to Tony example of how she's fine with what her husband does, including abuse/take advantage of other women.  But she gets "woke" at the end of the series when it suits her. 

It wasn't Bill's most bent-over hilarity.....but it was so fucking on point and I love how he kept going with it like prostate exam, "Moan if you want to, it's for your own good to see this thru."  

24 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It wasn't Bill's most bent-over hilarity.....but it was so fucking on point and I love how he kept going with it like prostate exam, "Moan if you want to, it's for your own good to see this thru."  

Agreed it wasn't his best work but he knew where he was and what he was doing and said let's fucking go there. Which is why it was so perfect. He knew what he was doing and the reaction is exactly why he did it. 

I love the blurred out writing on his arm cast.  It was a nice touch.  And how he uses it to slam open the bottled beer that was clearly not part of the free tasting.  He did great in the monologue and the recorded stuff.  He wasn't bad in the live sketches, he just kinda has his own rhythm that doesn't always flow well with others.  

9 hours ago, Continental Op said:

Haven't listened to this week's Monday Morning Podcast yet but I'd bet there's some form of the phrase "Oh no!  What are they going to do?  Stop allowing me to tell dick jokes in strip mall comedy clubs?" in there.  He went past the point of "don't give a fuck" a long time ago. 

Same, I am waiting to listen to it.  I expect it to be gold.

Why, just because his whole set is rape and dead baby jokes?  (I love Jeselnik, btw)

How does one go about listening to this Monday Morning Podcast?  Can you stream it online?  Or do I need to download the actual podcast?  

4 hours ago, alincoln said:

He made SNL relevant again, if only for a week, which is a remarkable achievement.  That said, his current sets are a few steps below his peak.  

He did get married and had a daughter.

It's that, or all of his energy is being focused on things like F is for Family, and being diluted by him putting out a regular podcast.  

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The ones getting upset should probably avoid Jeselnik.

That's part of the ride for both of them.  They both give society a nice roasting in their routines.  We deserve it.  It's also great to laugh at it.