Bill Burr

midtown

Just saw him tonight in SA.  Yeah I missed a lot of the final four occurring 10 blocks away.  His opening line was hilarious.    "Oh fuck, I had no idea the final four was here, I'm paying $500 a night for a red roof inn near the airport, jesus"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He got a "you're an asshole" by some dude who obviously didn't like his "hero, first responder bit" but he handled it like a pro.   He did a lot of gun talk which is also pretty ballsy in such a gun rich city/state but his take was spot on.  

22 minutes ago, midtown said:

He got a "you're an asshole" by some dude who obviously didn't like his "hero, first responder bit" but he handled it like a pro.   He did a lot of gun talk which is also pretty ballsy in such a gun rich city/state but his take was spot on.  

Fuck any cunt who goes to a show and gets his feelings hurt. It is a fucking comedy show, stay the fuck home you pussy.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bamachine said:

Fuck any cunt who goes to a show and gets his feelings hurt. It is a fucking comedy show, stay the fuck home you pussy.

And doublefuck any offended cunt who has to disrupt the show with their indignation.  Nobody cares.  Go home if you're offended.

Edited by TriStone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Yeah.  that's my take...its Bill Burr.  You have to be living under a rock not to know his material can offend the thin skinned.  I took a girl on a second date..I warned her before she said accepted that he can be aggressive in his opinions.   She said she'd put her big girl panties on and she laughed hysterically the whole time as did 99% of the crowd.  Good show.  The guy who opened was good too.  Picking on people in the first row.  So did Bill. 

He cracked a bit about a family dying and said "see nothing from that asshole, I just made a joke about a family and kids dying and he says nothing, what a prick"

Edited by midtown

He's running a tour this summer. Several stops in Texas. I picked up tickets to the show in Dallas in late July. 

I'm a big fan of his podcast. He has a few topics that seems to carry from one podcast to the next. Those same topics showed up in his last Netflix stand up special. Looking back, you can tell he was workshopping the material over a few months worth of podcasts. Sounds like the gun talk is one of those topics this time around. He's brought it up the past few weeks on the pod. 

14 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Monday Morning Podcast is one of the best out there. His stream of consciousness is outstanding. 

Agreed.  I haven't missed an episode since 2015, except for some of the guest ones.  He's just not a good interviewer.  He's great as a guest on other podcasts, and great on his own, but not when he's leading the charge with someone else.

I think the funniest podcast he was a part of was the time he and Tom Segura were on Bert Kreischer's podcast.  Might have been late 2016 or so.  Segura tells a story about a chick getting gangbanged by the Wu-Tang Clan.  Some of the funniest shit I've ever heard.  Also great from that time period was The End of the World Podcast the night of the 2016 Election.  Burr, Stanhope, Rogan, Kreischer, Stanhope's whole crew, probably some others.  Burr was on fire.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, TexasMan said:

I know we don't like his interviews, but I really liked this one with Bill Hader:

Agreed.  I usually skip his interviews, but this was solid.

I've found that with Burr's interviews, as long as I like the guest, I like the interview.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Was never a fan until recently when I heard him go off on two topics that I've been saying for a while since moving to the States a few years ago.

1 - The Hero bit - Jesus Effing Christ, Americans! STOP with the military worship! Just because a guy spends three years on a ship serving mashed potatoes does not make him a war hero or deserving of a 'Thank you for your service'. Ugh!

2 - The Michelle bit - Why do Americans make such a big deal out of First Ladies? NO ONE in foreign countries gives a flip about your First Lady.....or who is sleeping with their Prime Minister. Focus more on the elected official and less with the spouse. No one cares.

Guy is a genius.

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

He was on Rogan's podcast yesterday or the day before for over 2 hours. It was great. 

I listened to that before watching the special.  He's always great on Rogan.  I could listen to those guys bullshit for days.

Edited by Al_4_ISU