2021 WR Quay Davis

HtownHorn

I honestly have no read on Davis as a player. I struggle to keep up with the current year's recruiting cycle, let alone the next one.

I will say that Samples putting in the work to make the "#dallastoaustin" thing take off is big, and I look forward to seeing it continue to pay off. Pretty impressive given the limitations on him.

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange4Life said:

With how many receivers the state produces every year. Is this kid really that good to take his commitment this early?

http://insidetexas.com/skyline-wr-quaydarius-davis-commits-to-texas/

Ian Boyd on how he fits at Texas: Davis is a fairly pure Z receiver prospect for Texas’ offense. His obvious strengths are blowing by coverage on deep routes and tracking the ball in the air, which fits well with the vertical nature of that position’s typical roles. Davis has a great first gear but also has a good feel for space and how to manage the alignment of the defender and get to the spot on the field his QB is expecting to find him in.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BurntOrange4Life said:

With how many receivers the state produces every year. Is this kid really that good to take his commitment this early?

IMO, no. Just makes an easier pitch for aggy with the rest of the 2021 recruiting class. Advantage aggy

Texas lands commitment from four-star 2021 WR Quay Davis

By  MIKE ROACH    89 minutes ago

The first commitment of the 2021 class is in.  Following the commitment of Duncanville quarterback Ja’Quinden Jackson on Monday, the Longhorns landed another big time Dallas prospect. Dallas Skyline wide receiver Quaydarius Davis made his commitment public this afternoon.

The four-star prospect was red hot during the spring, and he chose the Longhorns over offers from Oregon, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, LSU, Kansas, and Texas A&M. Davis was offered by the Longhorns on junior day, and his relationship with Texas assistant wide receiver coach Ra’Shaad Samples. Davis was previously committed to SMU, but he chose to open his recruitment up recently.  Samples played his high school football in at Skyline, and he’s been involved in several recruitments for south Dallas prospects. Coming off the heels of the Jackson commitment, it’s clear that Texas is starting to make a new statement in Dallas.

Davis’s play helped Skyline to a 7-3 record, and a first-round playoff appearance. 247Sports Midlands Region Recruiting Analyst Gabe Brooks describes Davis as, “Adequate height and good build with potential to play outside or move around the formation. Big-play receiver with physical nature and competitive fire. Bursts off the line, especially when allowed a free release. Highly competitive on contested throws. Plays with intensity and flashes impressive body awareness to adjust to the ball. Elevates and positions himself to win in the red zone. Can quickly get on top of defenders in vertical game.”  At 6-feet, 193 pounds, Davis is ranked as the No. 13 wide receiver in the nation and No. 16 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Tom-Herman-Texas-Longhorns-earn-commitment-from-2021-Dallas-Skyline-wide-receiver-Quaydarius-Davis-Football-Recruiting-132726337/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

This commitment has me pumped. Dallas kid, samples making a name for himself, speed with great hands, and most of all the kid seems to have a can't lose mentality. His play kinda reminds me of Mike Davis 

That kid could have been so much better.