impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

Trump broke the law many times regarding a national security investigation into the Russian government’s efforts to install him as President. 

He should be impeached, removed, and prosecuted as soon as possible.  He is our most significant national security liability. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump broke the law many times regarding a national security investigation into the Russian government’s efforts to install him as President. 

He should be impeached, removed, and prosecuted as soon as possible.  He is our most significant national security liability. 

He isn't going anywhere until January 2021 at the earliest.

Unless a state prosecutor wants to step up and indict him. That would be fun. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

He isn't going anywhere until January 2021 at the earliest.

Irrelevant when it comes to calling his ass out publicly every day until then which should be the democrats messaging strategy if they want to win with authority. 

guys - this is the hearings thread.  along with anything to do with the inquiry, which starts today, and will likely determine whether this even gets to the proceedings phase of impeachment.

nobody thinks he's going anywhere before the election.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Which is exactly what goes on every day.

Not really.  I hear a lot of “we need to get all the facts”, “we need more documents”, “we need to here from more witnesses”, “we need the president to stop obstructing justice.”

The case is comprehensive in black and white in the Mueller Report and the democrats can’t even sell the equivalent of 10 Watergates with serious global national security implications to the public.  It’s like they still don’t get it and think Hillary is still going to win in November.  

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not really.  I hear a lot of “we need to get all the facts”, “we need more documents”, “we need to here from more witnesses”, “we need the president to stop obstructing justice.”

The case is comprehensive in black and white in the Mueller Report and the democrats can’t even sell the equivalent of 10 Watergates with serious global national security implications to the public.  It’s like they still don’t get it and think Hillary is still going to win in November.  

It doesn't matter how much they scream and yell. Impeachment without removal looks impotent.

I still think they're going to do it, though.

Edited by David Dennison

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It doesn't matter how much they scream and yell. Impeachment without removal looks impotent.

I dunno. I waiver on this. I think a lot of voters have plugged their ears and have have been effectively neutralized by the "fake news" movement. they assume whatever they hear or read is not to be trusted. if we go through an impeachment hearing and all the dirt is laid bare, I think a lot of people will unplug their ears and start listening.

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I dunno. I waiver on this. I think a lot of voters have plugged their ears and have have been effectively neutralized by the "fake news" movement. they assume whatever they hear or read is not to be trusted. if we go through an impeachment hearing and all the dirt is laid bare, I think a lot of people will unplug their ears and start listening.

not really.  Anything short of removal from office is just noise at this point.

13 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

if we go through an impeachment hearing and all the dirt is laid bare, I think a lot of people will unplug their ears and start listening.

not a single person who identifies as a Republican at this juncture will.  not one.  you’ll be less disappointed later if you just accept this fact now.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The hearing today is currently on CSPAN.  All the major Cable News Networks have chosen instead to cover a helicopter crash in NYC with zero fatalities. 

ETA:  1 dead

Their ratings have never really been the same since 9/11. 

55 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

well he's not going to get removed, so basically you're saying they shouldn't even move forward with any impeachment hearings.

i think that could be extraordinarily dangerous.

if you're worried about trump crowing all next year about "they talked about impeachment, but they didn't come close to proving anything, that's why i'm still president", i understand, but he's gonna be singing that same song anyway - about all the angry democrats, and not even pursuing it may look even worse.  not to mention what it'll mean to future presidents who feel like trampling on the constitution.

i think they need to get serious with the inquiries and go from there.  then i think it needs to get heated next summer and have all the senate republicans go on the record.  if everything falls right, trump will lose, and the dems could take back the senate.

also - i don't know the program or the plan, but i know they're calling a bunch of these former prosecutors.  it would be great if they started out with 10-12 registered republicans, and they all started by answering the question of political party, and voting record.

that way nobody can claim this is slanted or uber-partisan. 

plenty of republican prosecutors have gone on the record.

CSPAN has consistently made horrible broadcasting decisions under the Trump administration.   I don’t know who is behind it but it stinks to high heaven.  Almost all the Russian interference hearings were not broadcast on CSPAN 1 or 2.  You had to go to CSPAN 3 online to see those hearings. 

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Second post in and the thread gets Hugo'd.  Clearly there aren't enough threads in which Hugo has voiced this opinion.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Second post in and the thread gets Hugo'd.  Clearly there aren't enough threads in which Hugo has voiced this opinion.

Not a single thing Hugo said in that post is incorrect or inappropriate. 

Right wing posters attacking him is our version of Hillary's emails. It's disappointing when posters who are not right wing trolls parrot those attacks. 

Back to the topic, the GOP going after John Dean is amazing. They are going to try to rehabilitate Nixon by the time this is done. 

Edited by suddenly shaggy
  • Like 4

committee republicans - i would first like to point out that this whole thing is stupid and ridiculous

everyone listening - so noted

committee republicans - (go on stupid and ridiculous rant about nothing relevant, then complain about their time)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

committee republicans - i would first like to point out that this whole thing is stupid and ridiculous

everyone listening - so noted

committee republicans - (go on stupid and ridiculous rant about nothing relevant, then complain about their time)

Trumpublican questioning is a beating. Alternate parts irrelevant tangents, badgering the witnesses and attacking the chairman/hearings.

It's such a sad state of affairs. Chrispy, Anastasis and Fozzz are the GOP reps. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Not a single thing Hugo said in that post is incorrect or inappropriate. 

Right wing posters attacking him is our version of Hillary's emails. It's disappointing when posters who are not right wing trolls parrot those attacks. 

What would we do with out Suddenly Shaggy white knighting Hugo at every turn. Doesn't matter which political perspective he is tilting against, there is Suddenly, propping up. 

3 hours ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Chrispy, Anastasis and Fozzz are the GOP reps. 

thinking-hard-gif-3.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

What would we do with out Suddenly Shaggy white knighting Hugo at every turn. Doesn't matter which political perspective he is tilting against, there is Suddenly, propping up. 

I think Hugo has had a massive influence in helping the rest of the board see Trump's corruption. It obviously triggers y'all. 

Sadly, you and your ilk bitching and gaslighting about Hugo is working when a poster like Hornius calls Hugo out. I think it's important to point that out and will continue to do so. I'm sure every time, you'll continue to make a post calling me out for it. Hakuna Matata or some shit. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

I think Hugo has had a massive influence in helping the rest of the board see Trump's corruption. It obviously triggers y'all. 

Sadly, you and your ilk bitching and gaslighting about Hugo is working when a poster like Hornius calls Hugo out. I think it's important to point that out and will continue to do so. I'm sure every time, you'll continue to make a post calling me out for it. Hakuna Matata or some shit. 

Hugo fed this board right out conspiracy nonsense that smelled like horse shit for two years. You deflect and tell us all that nobody here really trafficked in nonsense, but everybody who has been paying attention knows the score. He's a goal post mover, his assessments shift with the twatter winds, and you fucking love the stench because it aligns with your political perspective. Every time somebody, no matter their general political angle on this board, says "hey Hugo dial your horseshit back", you are right there to defend his honor lest your own be impugned by association. 

• Haha 1

I can't find a link directly to the video, but this clip on Mediaite is great. Joyce Vance is one of the 1000 former federal prosecutors saying Trump committed multiple crimes and she is confident there is enough evidence to sustain a conviction on appeal. The only reason Trump isn't currently charged is that he is president and DOJ policy prevents it.   

“If you or I had committed this same conduct, we would have been charged by now.”

https://www.mediaite.com/donald-trump/ex-federal-prosecutor-methodically-lays-out-alleged-trump-crimes-from-mueller-report-in-house-hearing/

Ex-Federal Prosecutor Methodically Lays Out Alleged Trump Crimes from Mueller Report in House Hearing

U.S. Attorney from Alabama Joyce Vance  sums up her opinion before Congress on indicting President Donald Trump on obstruction charges with this: “If you or I had committed this same conduct, we would have been charged by now.”

Appearing before the House Judiciary Committee on Monday, Vance stated the three elements a prosecutor would have to prove beyond reasonable doubt in order to charge obstruction of justice: an obstructive act, a nexus between that act and an official proceeding, and a corrupt intent.

Robert Mueller maintains followed Department of Justice policy that prohibits indicting a sitting president, but Vance believes had it been anyone other than the U.S. President, charges would most certainly be on the table.

“There is an attack by a foreign country on our country and election. On multiple occasions the president tried to thwart it, curtail it, or to end it completely either by removing Mueller outright or interfering with his ability to gather evidence,” said Vance.

Vance went on to lay out  potential instances of obstruction she found in the report.

The president ordered his White House counsel to fire the special counsel

When news broke of this, he asked his White House counsel to lie and create a false record to corroborate

When they refused to do this, he asked his former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, to get the Attorney General Jeff Sessions to unrecuse himself, and to restrict investigations into election interferences to future elections

When his campaign manager refused, he tried to pressure the AG personally, telling him he would be a hero if he unrecused himself and he would be fired if he didn’t

The president pressured Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, and Michael Cohen not to cooperate with the investigation, offering to pardon them if they got in trouble for not cooperating

The president’s personal counsel told Manafort he would be “taken care of” if he “sat tight and refused to cooperate”

She closed by saying though Congress may have a tough decision to make, but “you don’t have to be a legal expert to understand that in this country no one is above the law.”

Edited by suddenly shaggy

1 hour ago, suddenly shaggy said:

I'm on Hugo's side. I just think that there were 29 other ongoing threads in which he could have re-stated the opinion he has already restated 12,495 times.  This thread was an attempt to be narrow in scope.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Hugo fed this board right out conspiracy nonsense that smelled like horse shit for two years.

You mean stuff like, the Russians interfered in our election and Trump's people tried to help them? I remember that, what a load of horse shit.

Seriously dude, Hugo is one of the only posters that doesn't engage in personal attacks and posts actual information. Nobody buys your schtick

• Like 4

• 1 month later...