impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

2 hours ago, Tuco said:

Unless there is some newer news, he will testify that he does not know if Trump was holding up the military aid for a public announcement on investigating Hunter Biden.   He will testify that Trump dictated the text message response about the quid pro quo.  You know, the text message that Republicans were holding up as evidence that there was no quid pro quo.  The source said something about there being quid pro quo, but not the corrupt kind.  My guess is that he will testify the White House invite for a face to face was dependent on the investigation.  It's still using the office for his personal gain (aka, extorting a bribe) , but it won't have the impact like direct evidence on the military aid will.  

WaPo is the original source, but it's behind a paywall.  

The Hill article will have to do.  

They're just f'king with the do nothing Democrats now because they can.  Nobody will hold them accountable--expect the crimes to worsen and who cares if they admit guilt? 

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

So, see, the solution is NOT to expect the president or his administration to obey the rule of law or any of the norms of the office.  Nope.  The only solution is to bend over, spread your cheeks, and accept it.

Come to think of it, that's EXACTLY the kind of courageous path I'd expect a GOP apologist to lay out.  The biggest bunch of cowardly bottom bitches we've ever seen.

No thanks, I'll fight for my goddamned country, you gutless pussies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Taibbi's corncobbing has been one of the more surprising and depressing aspects of the Trump era.

This.  I've had a few people use his shit posting articles as some sort of proof that "even that bastion of conservatism, Rolling Stone, thinks Russiagate is all a hoax."

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was surprised to see Taibbi had written that.  I haven't seen his stuff for a couple of years, but he used to seem pretty concerned with the truth.  What happened?

Taibbi and Greenwald have both destroyed their own credibility in the Trump era.  I’d like to think it’s their ideology just flirting with the Trump side of the horseshoe but the cynic in me thinks they’re being provocative grifters for money/fame/attention. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Taibbi and Greenwald have both destroyed their own credibility in the Trump era.  I’d like to think it’s their ideology just flirting with the Trump side of the horseshoe but the cynic in me thinks they’re being provocative grifters for money/fame/attention. 

They believe the United States is every bit as morally repugnant as Putin's Russia.

It's the Fozzz view of the world. I get it, and they aren't completely wrong, but moral relativity is actually a thing and pretending that the United States and Russia occupy the same moral space is silly.

• Like 1

And in a sign the impeachment inquiry is widening, investigators were discussing whether to question John Bolton, Trump’s former national security adviser, according to people familiar with the matter. Bolton was Hill’s direct superior at the NSC.”
Edited by 4th&Five

Mr. Bolton instructed Fiona Hill, the senior director for Russian and Eurasian affairs, to notify the chief lawyer for the National Security Council that Mr. Giuliani was working with Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, on a rogue operation with legal implications, Ms. Hill told the investigators, according to two people familiar with her closed-door testimony.

Edited by 4th&Five

49 minutes ago, deech said:

The integrity of Bolton bringing down the hammer on these fraudulent shysters.  Who would have thought?

Some crazy fucking times we are living in.

I'd like to see Trump try and keep Bolton from testifying, and I'm putting the odds pretty high that Bolton is called in at this point.  

And Bolton seems like the kind of guy who would have plenty of notes/recordings to cover his ass. 

One of the blessings in disguise with the Mueller Report is he made it crystal clear ONLY Congress can prove the president isn’t above the law while in office through impeachment proceedings, the DOJ isn’t going to allow Trump to be indicted while in office. 

This makes appointing a special prosecutor over this Ukraine business a non-starter and forces Congress to actually do their jobs on holding Trump accountable. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 4th&Five said:
And in a sign the impeachment inquiry is widening, investigators were discussing whether to question John Bolton, Trump’s former national security adviser, according to people familiar with the matter. Bolton was Hill’s direct superior at the NSC.”

Stupid watergate turning into stupid Iran contra. 

11 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Kinda knew it was bigger when they were trying to establish back channels. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

So this is where we are, huh?  John Bolton: Savior of the Republic.

Yes. Trump's mistake was not understanding that Bolton is a zealot and genuinely believes in unilateralism and America First and is not just in it for the grift.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

So this is where we are, huh?  John Bolton: Savior of the Republic.

Yep. John Bolton will go down in history as having more integrity than almost all of the trump administration, save a few of the generals such as Mattis. 

Just ponder that one for a moment. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yep. John Bolton will go down in history as having more integrity than almost all of the trump administration, save a few of the generals such as Mattis. 

Just ponder that one for a moment. 

Hell, given that only one of the two of them seem to have actually taken action to stop this shitshow, I'd argue that Bolton has more integrity than anyone else in the trump admin, including Mattis.    I need a shower after typing that.

• Like 4

For fuck sake, go arrest Rudy already. He's done enough to warrant an arrest. Nothing would set off this hand grenade more and quicker than putting him in cuffs. Or subpoena him today and arrest him when he declines to show up. Again, let's get this grenade to go off already. Quit sitting the fuck around and moving so slowly. Make a big fucking move.

• Like 4

Just now, Theo Huxtable said:

For fuck sake, go arrest Rudy already. He's done enough to warrant an arrest. Nothing would set off this hand grenade more and quicker than putting him in cuffs. Or subpoena him today and arrest him when he declines to show up. Again, let's get this grenade to go off already. Quit sitting the fuck around and moving so slowly. Make a big fucking move.

maybe, just maybe, Rudy isn't the big fish they're trying to fry? 

• Like 1