impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

Just now, RomaVicta said:

Again, there are Republicans on this committee and already present at these hearings, isn't that correct?

Of course it's correct.  They're not only present, they are allowed to question witnesses with equal time.

Let's not forget -- this is the exact same process that occurred in the Benghazi hearings.   Republicans are lying, hypocritical pussies.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Re impeaching Barr, he's got some splainin' to do.

Unfuckingbelievable. Barr needs to be hauled before Congress to answer some questions. If this story doesn't blow up like a m'fr, we are officially well into the Nothing Matters phase.

24 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

15 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Again, there are Republicans on this committee and already present at these hearings, isn't that correct?

7 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yes

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Of course it's correct.  They're not only present, they are allowed to question witnesses with equal time.

Let's not forget -- this is the exact same process that occurred in the Benghazi hearings.   Republicans are lying, hypocritical pussies.

Thanks, gentlemen. I thought so, but the coverage was making me wonder.

Whitelaw doesn't help this misconception by writing "where Democrats are holding impeachment testimonies." 

News outlets should all be calling this a Congressional hearing instead of a Democratic investigation. The GOPs aren't just forming a narrative, they're just plain lying.

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

they should be arrested for trespassing.

this political stunt is actually beyond the pale, even for smug douchebag gaetz.

dana bash just reported on cnn that an unnamed gop member of the stunt has had this protest on his calendar for a week.

see, i told you their war-room was organized!

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Whitelaw doesn't help this misconception by writing "where Democrats are holding impeachment testimonies." 

News outlets should all be calling this a Congressional hearing instead of a Democratic investigation. The GOPs aren't just forming a narrative, they're just plain lying.

well it's definitely confusing (purposely) because you have gop members (who shouldn't be there) storming the castle and demanding they be involved (gaetz did this shit last week too).  and you have gop members of the committee walking out of the hearings and complaining to the press about the process and lack of transparency.  it's actually a smart move (rim-shot) if you think about it, because they can complain and also say they didn't hear anything damaging (because they weren't in there).

it's clear that the whistleblower got everything started, and now everything has gotten worse.  so in typical trump/gop fashion, the two hammering points are:

1. the whistleblower's veracity (where has he gone??!!).  if an eye-ball witness tells the cops that he's seen where drug deals go down, and then a month of investigating brings down the entire drug ring, does anyone yell and scream about where the witness went?  don't they teach this at investigation school?  

2. the process.  when all else fails, blame the process.  that's definitely phase 2, and happening currently.

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Yeah, everything about this is fucked up. Are the only Dems with any fight in them in the Senate? I can't imagine Warren or Harris putting up with this bullshit? The GOP doesn't have many cards to play right now, but this is a pretty smart one. They are muddying the waters and it's probably going to work with all the rubes in our country who barely pay attention. That will show in polls on impeachment. 

Here's another hilarious update on the matter... 

These hearings are taking place behind closed doors because lawmakers think things will be more productive that way. “The private ones always produce better results.” That is not a Democrat we are quoting. It is a Republican, former congressman Trey Gowdy, who conducted the Benghazi investigation into Hillary Clinton a few years ago and pushed back against criticism that most of the hearings were in private. A Democratic aide working on the impeachment inquiry emailed around Gowdy’s comments on Wednesday to underscore that when the shoe was on the other foot, Republicans were fine with having things behind closed doors.

• Like 1

If you want to know how badly yesterday went for Trump and Republicans ........

I kind of hope they try this crap again and the Capital police are more prepared next time perhaps with some bean bag rounds?  

I mean the list of R's that pulled this stunt are truly the stupidest Republicans.  Gohmert, King, Gaetz, Brooks.  LOL

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

These shameless motherfuckers.

“I totally didn’t tweet that! My staffer has ESP and just read my mind!!!”

92115cef0a2d73c31f2046f7defe0109.plist85bd05b56625c3122b1a549fe54e3b98.plist

They're used to scamming old people, so they think this "updates from staff outside the room" flies. 

• Like 1

Jesus fucking Christ.  If the GOP doesn't like who their reps are on these committees, they should have fucking done a better job of putting their penny-loafered thugs like Goemert, Goetz, Walker and Byrne on those committees in January.

Ultimately, this is the portion of the GOP (read 98% of the GOP) that is happy to take advantage of their base's lack of a rudimentary civics education.  "Due process!" Fuck you an your due process.  That comes later.  It's an impeachment (a grand jury).  Your colleagues are in the room and listening.     

As often is the case, Bob Dylan gets it right.  <Coincidental lyric search from another thread>

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
The battle outside ragin'
Will soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'

• Like 1

I am noticing the House Republicans are quickly becoming the only Trump foot soldiers left as Senate Republicans are increasingly going to ground.  

If attempting to push Trump out via resignation is on the table for the Senate GOP, now would be the time to game that out and get the ball rolling behind close doors.  

Ideally, the Republicans would want this all to go away as quickly as possible if they’re convinced it’s only going to get worse as democrats approach impeaching Trump in the House.

For Republicans, it would be better to have Trump resign before he’s impeached.  Like Nixon.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I am noticing the House Republicans are quickly becoming the only Trump foot soldiers left as Senate Republicans are increasingly going to ground.  

If attempting to push Trump out via resignation is on the table for the Senate GOP, now would be the time to game that out and get the ball rolling behind close doors.  

Ideally, the Republicans would want this all to go away as quickly as possible if they’re convinced it’s only going to get worse as democrats approach impeaching Trump in the House.

For Republicans, it would be better to have Trump resign before he’s impeached.  Like Nixon.

Trump will not resign, ever.  Resigning means admitting he's weak and he'll never do that.  And the Senate Republicans will never vote to remove.  Ever. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Cut this shit out, you just made me laugh in a meeting.