impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

I'll give the President one thing, he doesn't superfluously use the word "like" several times a sentence.  If most grown American adults, even those who were educated and not overly-Hillbilly, could see a verbatim transcript of their phone calls, work presentations, and informal conversations and see how often they incorrectly insert the word "Like" into every single phrase that comes out of their mouth...we'd have 3x the suicide rate in this country and rightfully so.  How the fuck do most people have jobs in this country speaking like that?  

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I had to leave the company because it got so bad that I was worried that the fantasies that had become reality were going to get us into serious legal trouble. They did, after I left. He almost went to jail and the company is on its last legs.

yeah, at any given time my boss was involved in no fewer than 50 legal actions - getting sued, suing someone, legal issues, etc.  the in-house atty kept a wipeboard, and it was always fun to go chat with him about stuff.

then he went to jail for a year, so, yeah. 

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'll give the President one thing, he doesn't superfluously use the word "like" several times a sentence.  If most grown American adults, even those who were educated and not overly-Hillbilly, could see a verbatim transcript of their phone calls, work presentations, and informal conversations and see how often they incorrectly insert the word "Like" into every single phrase that comes out of their mouth...we'd have 3x the suicide rate in this country and rightfully so.  How the fuck do most people have jobs in this country speaking like that?  

WTF was the point of this post?

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You seem, like, insufferable. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

Just saw that trump quote from 10/2. He actually said “word for word, comma for comma, by people that do this for a living”.

I think he knows they’re weren’t stenographers listening in, but just gives no shits about shading everything and lying through his teeth...and that no one will stop supporting him or care about his “just words and stuff”.

20 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

after spending years working for a boss who has a similar npd way about him, it's amazing the similarities when it comes to lies and exaggerations.  i saw with my own eyes how events transpired, and was there minutes later, when he first told someone else about it, and it wasn't that far off-base, maybe shaded a little to make himself look or feel better.

then the 2nd or 3rd time he'd tell it, he'd leave out certain details, or round up about what might be a better version of how he came off in the story.  eventually, he would come up with a complete fabrication that was his favorite, and one that he thought sounded best.

then it wasn't ever about remembering the actual incident, it was about remembering the best possible version that he had told, and stiffening the details of that version to make it sound more accurate.  eventually, he couldn't tell the difference anymore.  

you can see when trump tries out his material, eventually, he finds a version he likes the most that he and his minions can run with.  then he stiffens it to the point where it doesn't even match something he said days earlier.  but he doesn't remember that, nor does he care.  and neither does his 40%.

If Trump has conversations recorded in some fashion, in his private life, you can bet that they are edited to reflect his views.  He's probably very used to being able to tell people to cut out certain things from records.

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This could go in four different threads...John Sullivan, Trump's nominee,  testifies before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee during his confirmation as Russian ambassador. He is currently deputy SofS.

Here's more.  jeezus

• Like 1

This is beautiful. We may get a Mr. Smith Goes to Washington series of patriots (of course, they're not elected, but why quibble) lining up to do right in the face of wickedness. 

Will it be enough to destroy the GOP criminal enterprise? The whispers about a break away group of GOPs might mean yes. Some clean GOPs (I suspected there might be some) breaking ranks could be the subsequent domino.

The regular GOPs will fight like crack whores over the last rock in the room to stay out of the criminal system.

2 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Here's more.  jeezus

Trumpkins: The Deep State is out to discredit and take down Trump

Sane People: Many of these people are Trump appointees, one even donated over a million to Trump, some are military

Trumpkins: The Deep State is called that for a reason

Sane People: Trump claims he only hires the best people

Trumpkins: Yep!

San People: So then the best people are the Deep State people?

Trumpkins: *turn bright shade of orange*

59 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This is beautiful. We may get a Mr. Smith Goes to Washington series of patriots (of course, they're not elected, but why quibble) lining up to do right in the face of wickedness. 

Will it be enough to destroy the GOP criminal enterprise? The whispers about a break away group of GOPs might mean yes. Some clean GOPs (I suspected there might be some) breaking ranks could be the subsequent domino.

The regular GOPs will fight like crack whores over the last rock in the room to stay out of the criminal system.

Rumor is that more than the above-named folks are also wanting/willing to testify publicly.

I honestly think some Republicans will start breaking away.  I've been disappointed before, but now they will have legitimate cover, and more importantly, because this is out in the open, there's no more hiding a lot of shit.

I really am beginning to agree with those who think this (public hearings) was planned out by Pelosi and Co., and was always the endgame, and more importantly, that they knew a lot more of what was going on, even before the call.

It would be fun to map out all of the retiring Republicans, and what committees they were on, and what information they had access to.

• Like 2

Nancy Pelosi - “He’ll self impeach.”

98% of Very Online Democrats - “HARBLE GARBLE TAKE AWAY HER GAVEL HUBBA BUBBA SHE’S SHIRKING HER DUTIES!!!!!”

The other 2% - “Maybe, I don’t know but Nancy Pelosi has forgotten more about political maneuvering and ratfuckery than any of us, so we’ll see.”

Nancy Pelosi - “Told y’all bitches.”

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

98% of Very Online Democrats - “HARBLE GARBLE TAKE AWAY HER GAVEL HUBBA BUBBA SHE’S SHIRKING HER DUTIES!!!!!”

The other 2% - “Maybe, I don’t know but Nancy Pelosi has forgotten more about political maneuvering and ratfuckery than any of us, so we’ll see.”

I remember musing if she was, as Lincoln would do, waiting for the moment of greatest political advantage. I can't say I was confident all along, but it was my earliest thought. It would have been a disaster to go after Trump with less than half America even paying attention let alone supporting impeachment.

Never interrupt an opponent when he's making a mistake. I believe that's a Napoleon quote. Nancy will finish her career with quite a flourish.

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Here are the members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee:

Republicans

Chairman James Risch (ID), Marco Rubio (FL), Ron Johnson (WI), Cory Gardner (CO), Mitt Romney (UT), Lindsey Graham (SC), Johnny Isakson (GA), John Barrasso (WY) Rob Portman (OH), Rand Paul (KY), Todd Young (IN), Ted Cruz (TX)

Democrats

Ranking member Bob Menendez (NJ), Ben Cardin (MD), Jeanne Shaheen (NH), Christopher Coons (DE), Tom Udall (NM), Chris Murphy (CT), Tim Kaine (VA), Edward Markey (MA), Jeff Merkley (OR), Cory Booker (NJ)

Veritable who's who of deniers, liars, and suck ups on the GOp side with Romney perhaps being wishy washy. I haven't watched the hearing yet, it's on/taped but am looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Here's more.  jeezus

51 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Rumor is that more than the above-named folks are also wanting/willing to testify publicly.

I honestly think some Republicans will start breaking away.  I've been disappointed before, but now they will have legitimate cover, and more importantly, because this is out in the open, there's no more hiding a lot of shit.

I really am beginning to agree with those who think this (public hearings) was planned out by Pelosi and Co., and was always the endgame, and more importantly, that they knew a lot more of what was going on, even before the call.

It would be fun to map out all of the retiring Republicans, and what committees they were on, and what information they had access to.

It's pretty hard to plead ignorance when you've got the Senate confirmation hearings for the ambassadorship broadcast for everyone to watch. I get it, not everyone watches those, but look at the list of Rs on that committee.Ted was keeping a low profile and focusing on the Hong Kong protests, but Lindsey? Not Lindsey.

Alcee Hastings just got after the minority (Republican) members of the Rules committee (I'm watching the video). The minority members have been pushing amendment after amendment to restore the previous rules, and Hastings had been pretty quiet and he took a turn and tells them out of all the people in this room, he was the only one to ever be impeached by the Senate, and then went on to explain about the process for a few minutes and then admonished them about their proposed amendments and complaints (about the process) "be careful what you wish for." He's no choir boy, but the minority members are dragging this out while the other committee members have pointed out that several committees do not have the documentation they need (i.e. the tax returns, witnesses, etc) to go forward.

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

HideousWanEgg-size_restricted.gif

4 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Anybody want to take a stab at the 19 Republican senators that you think would vote to convict?

Moscow Mitch to start. There is no conviction unless he decides there is.

Then we have the 10 who opposed Trump during the election and the 9 who are retiring at the end if their term.

• Like 1

Here it is. https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2019/10/30/whistleblower_exposed_close_to_biden_brennan_dnc_oppo_researcher_120996.html

Political hit piece timed to distract from tomorrow. It's not even clear it's the right guy, just the most politically convenient scapegoat for the treason party. They're desperate. Also, I'm never visiting a RealClear site again. Partisan hacks.

19 minutes ago, Xian said:

That seems like bullshit lol. The person they're claiming is the WB left the admin in 2017, but somehow has detailed information on a classified phone call? I'd like to see more than a crackpot "investigation" organization making the argument before we assume it's accurate, especially because of how tinfoil this claim is

Alcee Hastings just got after the minority (Republican) members of the Rules committee (I'm watching the video). The minority members have been pushing amendment after amendment to restore the previous rules, and Hastings had been pretty quiet and he took a turn and tells them out of all the people in this room, he was the only one to ever be impeached by the Senate, and then went on to explain about the process for a few minutes and then admonished them about their proposed amendments and complaints (about the process) "be careful what you wish for." He's no choir boy, but the minority members are dragging this out while the other committee members have pointed out that several committees do not have the documentation they need (i.e. the tax returns, witnesses, etc) to go forward.

He’s a criminal.

Hastings? Like I said, no choir boy, but I figure he was giving them a bit of political advice in the form of 'this thing is going to happen and you're going to have to get on with it because it's still going to happen.'

Yeah Hastings. I knew him back when I practiced in Miami.