impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

8 minutes ago, YChang said:

Kent and Taylor reminding people... hey it's still about Russia. 

That's why Nunes' claim that first the Democrats went after Trump and Russian collusion and, when they couldn't make that stick, they turned to Ukraine. It's all connected to Russia and they only "turned to" Ukraine because Trump forced them to, the same way he did with Russia. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

All of this is way too fucking long and the general public has already tuned out.  We are going to have to rely on the press to give them relevant soundbites.

06cdb94f-e080-4b9c-996a-d4d0ede343b5_tex

I think it's going according to plan.  The folks who would have tuned out never tuned in. 

This needs to be a long, complete process.  And then it needs to be over.

It's long and tedious, but these long opening statements will be helpful in the long run because they basically reveal everything the witness knows and saves time on the question and answer portion of the hearing. And if I understand the rules correctly, these opening statements do not subtract time from the 45 minute question and answer portion.  

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I think it's going according to plan.  The folks who would have tuned out never tuned in. 

This needs to be a long, complete process.  And then it needs to be over.

In a sane world, absolutely.

This however will turn out like the Mueller Invesigation.  Nothing will be “over”.

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Taylor is doing a good job explaining WHY the denial of aid to Ukraine is so bad for Jim Bob and Nancy Lee living in podunk alabammer. It materially plays into Russia's foreign policy goals and destabilization of Europe.

It's sad that it has to be explained to anyone in America why it's important to protect Ukraine from Russian aggression.

1 minute ago, TexEx15 said:

Isn’t Taylor the one that gave a lot of money to Trump’s campaign?

Sondland donated a million bucks to trump's inauguration. He previously was a hotel chain magnate. 

Taylor on the other hand served in the Airborne in Vietnam as an infantry officer, graduated top 1% from Westpoint, served as ambassador to Ukraine 2006-2009, and was called out of retirement by Pompeo to be ambassador to Ukraine, after Guiliani had thrown enough dirt onto Yovanovich to get her removed by trump.

Pretty significant difference between the two, my dude.

• Like 5