impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Lol -- Nunes accusing the Dems of extortion and bribery. 

Not attacking the testimony of the dozen+ witnesses, instead attacking the Dems.

Good thing Nunes isn't a lawyer, he'd get his clients sent to prison.

Based on his academic background, he would have been an aggy had he been born in Texas.

13 minutes ago, Tuco said:

If this was a court of law, I'd agree it's a mismatch.  But the guy obviously has experience in trying to whittle out a soundbite.  How good he is at it, I don't know. 

Yeah.  But the major advantage the House Dems are holding right now is  pointed questioning from their trial lawyer.  A gifted trial lawyer for the Reps could likely make these witnesses look somewhat foolish on some ground or another.  Bias or something.

Sound bites are low-hanging fruit.  Surprisingly effective low-hanging fruit in the twitter era.

This is why I tend to dislike congressional hearings.  And why I hate twitter.

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Taylor is doing his best to not say "please ask something coherent."

it's actually incredible. his starting nearly every answer with "mr castor" is a clear tell to him trying to organize his thoughts beyond "what the actual fuck?"

also, lulz at the "why were you not on the call?" "because that's not our policy, dumbass?"

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

IANAL, but it seems like Castor should have been better prepared about the duties/responsibilities of the people he is questioning.

you would think. he's asking questions to which he does not know the answers. he's hamstringing himself. it's kind of amazing.