impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

For fuck's sake.  And no one but Kent and Taylor (and their attorneys) has to be there.  The GOP congresspeople and operatives are not hostages.  They're some of the most powerful people in the most powerful country on earth.  They chose their route.

• Like 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

FINALLY!!!!

Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

schiff just laid it all out there. remember when the republican rep asked what schiff knew and when he knew it?

he just fucking dunked on all yall. they found out the 9th of sept. less than 48 hours later, the white house released the aid for ukraine.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

We need a better quip than "inviting foreign interference".  It allows for easy disingenuous comparisons.  We need to workshop something along the lines of "President cannot secretly hijack U.S. funds and U.S. policy with foreign countries to give himself political advantage."

"The President cannot steal taxpayer dollars to extort a foreign government into rigging his reelection."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

DhWJtTNXUAMxMW3.jpg

15 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Well if he drinks bourbon to forget, like some of us have to, then all that water is desperately needed to rehydrate. 

Hook this baby up to your arm, and you never have to move except for solid excretion.

2b2b13c6abde44d95315ec6af3a0e772.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

I haven’t been able able to watch much of this, but Kent and Taylor both seemed very credible when I was watching.  As expected, the GOP Congressmen were absurd.   The Democratic Congressmen were generally good on their questions, except I saw a bit from Castro and Swalwell who were ineffective and douchey.

There have probably been worse examples from the GOP questioners, but my favorite highlight I saw was Stewart from Utah holding up the “transcript”, getting totally owned by Kent and Taylor, and then cutting them off to close with something that was essentially like “so you agree the transcript exonerates him, case closed.  Very well then.”  Just terrible.

i mean, the republicans cannot believe what they are claiming, or they are mentally deficient. they are not at all interested in the truth. this is not surprising in and of itself, i suppose - there are always going to be some zero sum partisan tomfoolery. but we have fewer john mccains and more jim jordans, and it's making the republicans completely cynical. jim jordan knows that trump fucked up. he's probably so angry because the cards he's been dealt are so fucking laughably terrible that he is forced into theater of the absurd.

of course, he could actually have some fucking principles and call out our president for blatant corruption. but the republicans are not wired that way. even the arguments and lies they are peddling are beyond absurd.

it's fucking maddening that they are arguing 2 + 2 = - 3. no sham, no sham, they are the sham

And the whole thing is about the call. Giulliani wasn't even on the call!

Obama only sent blankets that probably had small pox on 'em. 

Donald Trump is too stupid to speak Latin, so there could not have been a quid pro quo!

The witness wrote a sentence that I hope confuses you and leads you to believe this is a vicious Democrat conspiracy.

We need mass public hangings for the GOPs or for us should the GOPs pull this shit show off.

• Like 1

And the whole thing is about the call. Giulliani wasn't even on the call!

Obama only sent blankets that probably had small pox on 'em. 

Donald Trump is too stupid to speak Latin, so there could not have been a quid pro quo!

The witness wrote a sentence that I hope confuses you and leads you to believe this is a vicious Democrat conspiracy.

We need mass public hangings for the GOPs or for us should the GOPs pull this shit show off.

They've already pulled it off. The next few months are purely an exercise in futility. If there was any chance of anything but a purely party line vote in the Senate, Republicans like Graham wouldn't be acting so flippant and brash. This whole thing is purely an optics battle for about 8% of the country's hearts and minds.