impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

36 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Rep. Mike Quigley (D) Illinois-"Hearsay 'can be much better' evidence than direct evidence."

Salem, Massachusetts has joined the chat.

There are all sorts of exceptions to the hearsay rule, including statements against interest. Hearsay can in fact be direct evidence. 

46 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Party admissions are non-hearsay

If mike pence testified trump told him he was bribing the Ukrainians the dipshit trumpkins would claim “that’s hearsay.”

If trump himself admitted he bribed the Ukrainians the dipshits would claim “he was joking.”

Fuck them and their feelings and bullshit opinions. They’re hopeless. Just do the right thing and impeach his sorry ass and let the chips fall.

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Sondland is not going to go to jail for Trump.  He’s in his 60s and a millionaires many times over.   He will turn on Trump to cover his own ass in a heartbeat.

He's not going to go to jail but he's also not going to go scorched earth on Trump. He'll correct his false testimony that was contradicted by others but he's still going to do his best to protect Trump. 

hahaha, reading from a congratulations call.  What a fucking idiot. 

Hello? Hello, Dimitri? Listen, I can’t hear too well, do you suppose you could turn the music down just a little? Oh, that’s much better. Yes. Fine, I can hear you now, Dimitri. Clear and plain and coming through fine. I’m coming through fine too, eh? Good, then. Well then as you say we’re both coming through fine. Good. Well it’s good that you’re fine and I’m fine. I agree with you. It’s great to be fine.
  • Like 8

55 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He's not going to go to jail but he's also not going to go scorched earth on Trump. He'll correct his false testimony that was contradicted by others but he's still going to do his best to protect Trump. 

He doesn’t have to go scorched earth, he just has to tell the truth.   And Trump is setting the stage for that, as he’s beginning to throw Sondland under the bus.  

Not able to watch testimony right now.  Saw that Nunes read the transcript from an earlier call.  Was that transcript stored in the NSC storage as well or in the regular location for foreign calls?  If the latter, did anyone drive home the point that the administration knew the "perfect" call was obviously different enough that someone felt it needed to be hidden, unlike the "normal" first call?  

23 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Do we really have to watch Nunes smear shit on the wall every day, just so Fox News has something to show on its evening propaganda run?

This is what it looks like when you’re scared shitless and have a shaky game plan.    Their game plan consists of

a) Keep the Trump base riled up and hopefully voting a year from now,

b) Scare other Republicans in Congress into voting not to impeach

c) Pray that enough non-Trumpkins actually buy into the shit that’s being smeared on the walls and don’t show up and vote for Ds next November

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He doesn’t have to go scorched earth, he just has to tell the truth.   And Trump is setting the stage for that, as he’s beginning to throw Sondland under the bus.  

Sondland will do the barest minimum to keep himself safe from prosecution or imprisonment. He's not going to turn on Trump.