impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

Here is a fascinating article from The Atlantic, arguing, with some precedent, that impeachment is a breach in the separation of powers set forth by the Constitution, and, therefore, doctrines and defenses rooted in separation of powers do not apply -- namely executive privilege.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/11/no-executive-privilege-in-impeachment/602044/

1 minute ago, VinyVango said:

You'd think the GOP would at least get an attorney at these hearings that could sit still for 5 seconds without making an odd facial expressions.  He has a perpetual squinting, head-bobbing, toddler filling a diaper look going on.  Odd as fuck.

Especially since the attorney just appeared to be rolling through a script and not caring about the answers.  

1 minute ago, Dnaguy said:

She really does come across as a sympathetic witness.

Yeah well, she's a patriot who's spent her whole career in the service of the country and some asshole comes along and blows up her whole life on a whim.  

You can tell how unsettling that whole chain of events is for her.  I'm sure at this point in her career she thought she'd be getting laurels from the President for a lifetime of service, not fearing that some Russian goon is going to kneecap her at the behest of the mafiosi running the government.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Am I up to the live stream at this point?  Goldman is still questioning her, right?  I see posts about the the Republican attorney, etc.

Now Schiff is asking a question . . .

Schiff is talking about Trump’s tweets this morning.   I was just commenting that Castor is going to come in and look like a fucking hack idiot.  

37 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Sondland will do the barest minimum to keep himself safe from prosecution or imprisonment. He's not going to turn on Trump. 

I agree he will attempt to do both, I'm just not sure there is overlap between the two. 

6 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Holy shit.  Schiff reading Trump's live tweets to her and offering her a chance to respond.

Amazing.

It really is amazing that we have a president interjecting electronically to sully the reputation of a witness during his own impeachment hearing. It's an unfortunate confluence of technology and low character. 

• Like 8