impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

1 minute ago, tantric superman said:

Wait, what is Gym talking about?  I lost my focus.

Same shit as he said on Wednesday except today he added that there's something nefarious about having Yovanovitch testify today while Taylor, the Dems' "star witness," as the Republicunts like to call him, testified on Wednesdsy. 

"Where's the whistleblower?  Was there even ever a whistle?  Was it a kazoo?  Ol' Shifty is just whistlin' Dixie out his asshole.  I say you drag this goddamn whistle blowing piece of shit in here by the ears.  I got a whistle you can blow."

58 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You guys bagging on the Republicans attorney realize he’s got no ammo at all and is just doing what he’s been paid to do right? I mean what the fuck is he supposed to ask? How was breakfast this morning? Trump didn’t burn your toast now did he? 

He's supposed to develop themes on behalf of his team whatever they are.  It's up to him and the team to come up with the best trial themes weeks in advance and then ask whatever questions help develop these themes.  He's not supposed to go in there and carpet bomb stupidity by asking open ended questions or questions he does not know the answer.   Because he is up against smart witnesses who know the facts more than he does.  They will demolish him (and they have) when he gives them rope.  Also, you can be the best person in the world at asking questions, but when you repeatedly do blue steel after asking a question, you will get mocked.

I anticipate that the R's will come up with some reason to switch out counsel at some point at this rate.

• Like 1

Hurd is touching on it now, but for historical context, the Ukrainian Admin prior to Zelensky was no bueno.  Yet R's keep harping that Obama only gave Ukraine blankets.  Well no shit.  That what happens.  You don't always give advanced military weapons systems tech to shady govts.  It happens, but when it doesn't, be honest about why.

• Like 2

Trump live tweeting at witnesses during the impeachment hearings will make this must see tv for Trumpkins, never trumpers, Schiffty Schiff supporters, and everyone else for that matter.

So much for the nothing-burger! Media blitz all for naught. Oh well. 

Thank you Mr. President! 

Trump live tweeting at witnesses during the impeachment hearings will make this must see tv for Trumpkins, never trumpers, Schiffty Schiff supporters, and everyone else for that matter.

So much for the nothing-burger! Media blitz all for naught. Oh well. 

Thank you Mr. President! 

I realize the former Ambassador left prior to the phone call,  but no one has asked her about some of the meetings by Ukrainian officials in the spring. Isn’t that important in terms of laying the groundwork for the eventual call? You’d think she would know about those as they involved officials traveling to the WH to meet with Bolton. 

Recess-Jordan and Nunes having a powwow.

The amusing part of all this is Trump and these sycophants treat these Ambassadors like they are in the bag for the Democrats. It's so out of the realm of reality to them that there are people whose only motivation is to protect the interests of the United States. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

The amusing part of all this is Trump and these sycophants treat these Ambassadors like they are in the bag for the Democrats. It's so out of the realm of reality to them that there are people whose only motivation is to protect the interests of the United States. 

Criminals think squares are fools, or lying about being square.  

Projection is real.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I realize the former Ambassador left prior to the phone call,  but no one has asked her about some of the meetings by Ukrainian officials in the spring. Isn’t that important in terms of laying the groundwork for the eventual call? You’d think she would know about those as they involved officials traveling to the WH to meet with Bolton. 

Recess-Jordan and Nunes having a powwow.

Nunes_46th_Birthday-e1569951399719.png

wrestlinggrabbutt.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Yes. I do wish some of the questions had been less focused on how the Ambassador ‘felt’ about being removed. Once established that it was a surprise, no need to belabor it, but why not focus on what occurred in the three months or so prior to her leaving? Was she being frozen out for example? Or calls /etc not taken. You would think she might be able to lay out what exactly was going on “officially” in Ukraine so as to compare the back channel dealing of Giuliani. 

I'd love to think Trump's actions today are going to be the turning point but it will just be excused as "well you can't take him literally, he was just riffing because he's frustrated". Never mind he 100% tried to intimidate and disparage a witness and change the narrative to take away any credibility of what she was going to say. In other words, Republicans have no shame and I hope they all burn in hell. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Best feeling in the world, or at least one of them.

I vividly remember turning and whaling on the middle school bully (athlete, much bigger than me -- I just whirled around on him and started beating his ass).  The best part was during first period that day, when the principal came and pulled me out of class (having heard of the fight that happened right before school started) -- she gets me in the hall and asks "so...what happened?"  "He just kept fucking with me."  Long pause.  "Ok, go back to class."

Fucker steered clear after that.  

The entire Trump clan needs to be popped in the fucking face, and hard.

NSFW best way to deal with bullies

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

They were initially trying to fashion this lady into someone who should've been fired and they abandoned that about a quarter of the way through.  Gym Codpiece is still trying to make a run at that strategy but about halfway through this morning the rest were like "goddamn, uh, you seem pretty damn competent.  You're teaching at Georgetown now?  Damn.  Well, uh, thanks.  I yield."

And as I'm typing this Gym just pulled his own tights down.

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

But aha! Isn't that right!! 

No.

Ok, but, aha! Isn't that right!!

No. 

Mrs. Yovanovitch, the president mocked you and you've been smeared.  But is it true you once worked in Ukraine?

Yes.

Aha!  

And you worked in Somalia, right?

Yes.

Aha!  Very peculiar company you keep.  Always seem to be milling around foreigners.  And why are you always working with foreign countries?  I withdraw the question.  Do not answer that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Established today:  It would've been really difficult to pull off some nefarious and shady shit in Ukraine with Ambassador Yovanovitch around due to her long history of integrity, intellectual curiosity about her assigned tasks and overall competence.  What a bitch!

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Established today:  It would've been really difficult to pull off some nefarious and shady shit in Ukraine with Ambassador Yovanovitch around due to her long history of integrity, intellectual curiosity about her assigned tasks and overall competence.  What a bitch!

Thank God she's still on her post.