impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Swalwell just nailed Morrison, LOL.  

I mean, he basically cornered him into admitting that he didn't follow up on Trump's request for Ukraine to investigate the Bidens because that would have been following an unlawful order.  Beautiful.

Edited by TexArcher

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Homegirl got her law license in 2017, how in the fuck does she qualify as "senior counsel" with less than three years of experience practicing law as a barred attorney? Perhaps that is a clue as to why the GOP questioning is so poor lol. She also lists "microsoft office" as a skill on her linkedin profile, which is some undergrad shit lmao.

House counsel are not marvels of experience and competence.  True of a lot of lower level government lawyers.  

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

Alternatively, the guy is 7’1”, so maybe he’s glances upward because he is in constant fear that he will smash his head on shit.

I'll grant that he was/is Naval reserve, but I don't think he is on a sub or anything, right?

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Schiff going hard in the paint on Republicans being upset Trump got caught.  

I had to stop and make dinner for everyone and no one else wants to watch, (one tv in the house and Jason Bourne won) so is this closing? What'd I miss?

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

had to stop and make dinner for everyone and no one else wants to watch, (one tv in the house and Jason Bourne won) so is this closing? What'd I miss?

Schiff came down hard on how the Republicans only cared about outing the whistleblower, and that Trump wanted to punish the whistleblower, and that the Republicans weren’t upset at what Trump tried to do/did, the Republicans were only upset that they were caught, and they only cared about punishing the leakers.  

Meanwhile, many of the Republicans had their heads down like reprimanded little children.  It was clear that many of them knew that their behavior and attempts to go after the witnesses were despicable.  Some of them showed what looked a little like shame.  

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Meanwhile, many of the Republicans had their heads down like reprimanded little children.  It was clear that many of them knew that their behavior and attempts to go after the witnesses were despicable.  Some of them showed what looked a little like shame.  

Thanks for the update!

Trust me, they'll get over it. It's what they do. As sure as Gym Jordan's comb-over, they will be back at it tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'll say this, regardless of what our soul-less right wing friends who lack any moral compass or semblance of intellect might think, Adam Schiff is a pretty sharp and well-conscienced dude, and I'd be perfectly fine with him working out of the Oval Office at some point.

Before this, didn’t care about him at all.  Now, absolutely, but he’s Jewish and vegan, and we aren’t ready for that.  

• Like 1