impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

6 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

Stupid question- If/when the president is impeached and removed from office, and if/when evidence is released that substantiates the impropriety of this all, would there be consideration for bringing some of these House/Senate leaders up on charges of obstruction or treason?

You're in the wrong timeline bro

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Meh, after the heart attack in the WH is gone, we could probably use some moral fiber. 

@cactusflinthead SCOTUS? You’re probably right. 

There's no chance that they are going to accept a lower court ruling. Not entirely sure what they will do if Roberts rules against them. That's the endgame. 

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

There's no chance that they are going to accept a lower court ruling. Not entirely sure what they will do if Roberts rules against them. That's the endgame. 

Wait for Roberts to send an army to enforce the ruling.

If the worst I have to face is a collection of camp followers from the Proud Boys and scooter riders I'll be fine.

No doubt at all, more conveying the notion we're in the endgame and I'd say the vast majority on the Surl have each other's back.

Why try and say it when a gif can leave everyone questioning the response.
  • Like 1

All the subpoenas! Every single one of them! Drag them out of bed. No coffee except the swill in the lower bowels of the back kitchen.

Oh yeah that's some pizzazz. 

Of course none of that is going to happen. The smart ones (that's rhetorical. There's not much to suggest intelligence) will have competent counsel. Though that seems to be in awfully short supply. 

Play on. Unless he happens to stroke out and then we'll see what happens in that side quest.

Has it ever been established exactly why John Bolton quit/got fired from the National security advisor role? It happened just as the whistleblower complaint was about it get known and before the Ukraine aid was released.

Almost seems too much of a coincidence that someone at that level fights with the president in the midst of what becomes a potential impeachable offense. I suppose it could have been over another issue but that seems more of a stretch.

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Has it ever been established exactly why John Bolton quit/got fired from the National security advisor role? It happened just as the whistleblower complaint was about it get known and before the Ukraine aid was released.

Almost seems too much of a coincidence that someone at that level fights with the president in the midst of what becomes a potential impeachable offense. I suppose it could have been over another issue but that seems more of a stretch.

As much as I hate everything about Bolton's foreign policy and economic ideals, it is possible that he may not be a traitor and drew a line in the sand.  If so, he is someone who I would buy a beer for in spite of him being entirely wrong about everything else except treason.

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

No shit.  Looking for someone to like in 21st Century politics is like scouring the bar for a bedmate at 1:45 am.  

Shit, it's like looking for someone at the homeless shelter at 4 am on the 2nd of the month. After this trump/republican disaster we aren't looking for 7s. We'll be happy with a .05 who has at least one tooth and is only 85.9 percent addicted to smack and quaaludes

29 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Shit, it's like looking for someone at the homeless shelter at 4 am on the 2nd of the month. After this trump/republican disaster we aren't looking for 7s. We'll be happy with a .05 who has at least one tooth and is only 85.9 percent addicted to smack and quaaludes

Zero teeth is better than one tooth if you know what I'm saying.

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

His resignation letter went to the President on September 10, the aid was released on the 11th.

7 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Yeah.... there’s something there.

There always was. It's been that way from the moment that plan was hatched. Yovanovitch mentioned that polling was indicating Zelensky was leading prior to the election, but Giuliani was making moves as far back as 2018 so whether that was baked into their plan or upset it a little is something we may never know. Bolton had a 17 month tenure as NSA and Giuliani has been Trump's personal lawyer since around April of 2018 but they (Trump and Rudy) obviously knew each other prior to that. Bolton was not an Obama fan by any stretch of the imagination, but perhaps he had a code of ethics that finally forced his hand; it probably wouldn't be election meddling, but military aid.

6 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

Gordon D. Sondland going to do his republican duty and say the orange dude didn’t do anything 

Yeah. Sondland can easily say that why trump made some odd comments about wanting an investigation, but it was he, Sondland, that personally decided to push the Ukrainians in asking them to interfere in our elections. It’s been fairly well established that trump knows how to pressure people without really asking them. Sondland could support trump today or completely throw him under the bus.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah. Sondland can easily say that why trump made some odd comments about wanting an investigation, but it was he, Sondland, that personally decided to push the Ukrainians in asking them to interfere in our elections. It’s been fairly well established that trump knows how to pressure people without really asking them. Sondland could support trump today or completely throw him under the bus.

He’s not going to fall on the sword for Trump. He doesn’t want to go to prison.