impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

If the Democrats are trying to win over independents it is not working.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/471057-poll-independent-opposition-to-impeachment-inquiry-jumps-10-points-in-last

Opposition by independents to the House’s ongoing impeachment inquiry jumped 10 percentage points in the last week, according to a Politico–Morning Consult poll released Tuesday.

The poll showed 47 percent of independents opposed the inquiry, compared to 37 percent last week. Meanwhile support for the inquiry by independents fell 7 points to 40 percent.

Support for the inquiry among all respondents fell 2 points to 48 percent, while opposition to it rose 3 points to 45 percent.  

The latest poll comes as the House launched a second week of public testimony on Tuesday, with Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman and Jennifer Williams, an aide to Vice President Pence, appearing in the morning.

The poll also showed that 48 percent of respondents support the House impeaching President Trump, compared to 44 percent who oppose it, while 47 percent backed the Senate removing the president from office.

The Politico–Morning Consult poll surveyed 1,994 registered voters from Nov. 15 to 17. The margin of error is of 2 percentage points.

• Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

Off topic, but why are gov't officials using whatsapp for messaging?  Might as well mail copies to security agencies worldwide.

They're fans of the Erlang and BEAM ecosystem, WhatsApp is able employ only 50 engineers for a platform that has over 900 million users!

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

With respect to Rudy. Nothing will happen. He and Trump have teflon with Mitch. Too much Russian $$. They may cut Rudy loose, but they would rather cut his throat first.

Too much around Rudy, and Trump will want Rudy punished.  

And FoxNews.com is putting this on Rudy.

10 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Damn, I’m sure the boot lickers will find a way to gaslight the Fox-News-Brain-Rot crowd, but it’s going to take some serious mental gymnastics. Sondland ain’t here for Trump’s fuck shit. 

Bribery and extortion are totally cool and totally legal!  I’d be upset if Trump WASN’T extorting those corrupt Ukrainians!

Well, let's see what the Texaggy bootlickers are saying.... 

It's now come out on the other thread. The libs don't have trump on title 18 bribery (because anything of value) was not exchanged.

They are going to accuse him of bribery* which is whatever definition Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi need it to be.

Dems are committing political suicide here

This is bad for trump.
His chances of senate removal went from 0.0% to 0.0%.

I'm on POTUS side here - but that's a losing argument. The aid was released after the **** hit the fan.

So? Withholding the aid isn't illegal. He legally could have held it another several weeks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Sondland has absolutely nailed the coffin shut.  I know the Senate will not convict and I just still can’t believe it in light of this testimony.

I wouldn't be so sure of this. I read recently that it would only take 3 GOP senators (and I assume Mitch) to make the voting secret.  If that happens the GOP will make it so they have just enough votes to convict.  

More would be willing to, but if they don't make it too obvious, they'll all have the cover of plausible deniability.

Which I think Mitch would go for because he hated Trump, he just likes stacking the courts with conservative judges.  

8 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

If the Democrats are trying to win over independents it is not working.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/471057-poll-independent-opposition-to-impeachment-inquiry-jumps-10-points-in-last

Winning independents is not the fucking point. I couldn't care less if the impeachment inquiry is winning independents.

• Like 5

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

@EMAWesome-The Democrats are not trying to ‘win’ over Independents, they are conducting an inquiry to discover details about a President withholding aid to an ally in exchange for publicly announcing an investigation into a political rival/American citizen. 

Do you have anything to say or contribute about that?

Don't hold your breath. 

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I wouldn't be so sure of this. I read recently that it would only take 3 GOP senators (and I assume Mitch) to make the voting secret.  If that happens the GOP will make it so they have just enough votes to convict.  

More would be willing to, but if they don't make it too obvious, they'll all have the cover of plausible deniability.

Which I think Mitch would go for because he hated Trump, he just likes stacking the courts with conservative judges.  

Priorities for Mitch:

1. Mitch's seat

2. Senate Majority

3. Presidency

The House is not going to be in play.  

If Mitch thinks Trump will lose next year (potentially hurting the Senate), Mitch might work to get Trump impeached quickly and try to get a Republican presidential candidate who has a better chance of winning, and more importantly, who can help the Rs keep Senate seats.

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

@EMAWesome-The Democrats are not trying to ‘win’ over Independents, they are conducting an inquiry to discover details about a President withholding aid to an ally in exchange for publicly announcing an investigation into a political rival/American citizen. 

Don't engage the moron.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Winning independents is not the fucking point. I couldn't care less if the impeachment inquiry is winning independents.

Do you job Dems.  Protect the constitution and use it to to oppose the enemies of the constitution.

Fuck anyone who disagrees.  Nobody has any time for them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Given that polling for impeachment hasn't shifted much, this is probably the only time since the 2018 election we've seen them actually show a spine and do their fucking jobs.

6 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Oh fuck - "he had to announce the investigations, not necessarily do them." 

Uhhhh 

Even more damaging to the president’s “I was after corruption” stance. If he just wanted the public statement, it’s easy to argue he just wanted the PR damage to Biden during the election. 

Llistening in on the local right wing radio during these hearings, lots of squirming and twisting.

Callers literally yelling and multiples saying they are going to take up arms against the Dems and take the Govt. over.

And the hosts just pushing these nutjobs and fanning the flames. Completely irresponsible behavior.

Edited by SameSame