impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

2 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Llistening in on the local right wing radio during these hearings, lots of squirming and twisting.

Callers literally yelling and multiples saying they are going to take up arms against the Dems and take the Govt. over.

And the hosts just pushing these nutjobs and fanning the flames. Completely irresponsible behavior.

Do it you pussies.

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

They point to trump. He's the one directing everyone to work through Rudy. 

Avoid any frivolous attempt at humor and stifle whatever semblance of amusement you might have when Captainant is active.  He's a dainty, humorless twat and when his emotions unfurl he'll neg you when he suspects you might not align with his thoughts 100% or if he misunderstands your joke. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chooky said:

Avoid any frivolous attempt at humor and stifle whatever semblance of amusement you might have when Captainant is active.  He's a dainty, humorless twat and when his emotions unfurl he'll neg you when he suspects you might not align with his thoughts 100% or if he misunderstands your joke. 

Hey, fuck you too buddy. Sorry I keep using all those unfair facts and evidence in my posts

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Llistening in on the local right wing radio during these hearings, lots of squirming and twisting.

Callers literally yelling and multiples saying they are going to take up arms against the Dems and take the Govt. over.

And the hosts just pushing these nutjobs and fanning the flames. Completely irresponsible behavior.

The usual idiots on my FB feed have been doing the same. I've been reporting all the posts because fuck those assholes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

That's not how getting thrown under the bus works. 

It's useless to try to explain a punchline to him.  He's impervious to laughing at anything.  Anything written in jest he just assumes it's a personal attack on him.  He thinks I'm I Trump supporter.  He's just awful as a poster.  

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

"He had to announce the investigations. He didn't have to do them"

This is the fucking key and the response to anyone who argues Trump was just looking to root out corruption.  He did not demand a substantive investigation into corruption.  He merely demanded a public announcement that his political rival was under investigation (even if he actually was not).  Put another way: Trump just wanted Ukraine to say “Joe Biden is under investigation for corruption,” even if that was a lie.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

It's useless to try to explain a punchline to him.  He's impervious to laughing at anything.  Anything written in jest he just assumes it's a personal attack on him.  He thinks I'm I Trump supporter.  He's just awful as a poster.  

Perhaps you'd like to take your complaints to appropriate thread and stop derailing the discussion on this impeachment hearing?

9 minutes ago, SameSame said:

I’m actually worried about this because the nutjobs tend to lash out at people far removed from DC like shoppers at an El Paso Walmart or my friendly postal workers or other innocent Americans. 

• Like 1

So in less than 20 years we went from the relatively benign republican circus of the Clinton impeachment where the question was banging chubby interns to the completely criminal trump presidential circus of mobster buffoonery. From relatively civilized to so out of whack nut job that one party's idiots are threatening to attempt to overthrow the government. 

And it all started with the Florida fiasco putting GWB in the white house and 9/11. 9/11 is the exact line of demarcation between somewhat functional and mostly respectable America and complete professional wrestling jack ass Idiocracy. 

Hate to say it but it's become obvious.

Bin Laden won. 

Game, Blouses. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If Rudy flips, it's game over.  I think he could move the Senate. 

The walls are closing in on Rudy from all directions -  Lev and Igor, etc.  The more people who testify, the more Rudy will look bad.

FoxNews has the claim and video clip that it was QPQ from Rudy, and their current headline is:

FOLLOW LIVE: Sondland testifies ‘everyone was in the loop,’ implicates top echelon on Ukraine talks

I think it's time for the Dems to start putting folks who don't comply with subpeonas in their little cell.  Or Maybe even let the fight over validy of subpoenas play out in the courts completely simply do to the fact that Sondland specifically complains about the unfairness to him because the White House is preventing any information to be releasesd and has tried to block ALL testimony on this matter.

I agree that Trump isn't going to be removed from office. SImply as that would mean there are Republicans in the Senate who are moral and honest.  So we can dismiss that as a possibility at this juncture.  Polling could make selfish self preservation appear to be moral or putting the country above party.

I still say the same thing I said at the beginning.  It's a shit show, but it's a shit show that simply shows what a shit show the Trump Whitehouse is!

So today's main shif is that rather than saying second hand information, no quid pro quo, nothing to see, decorated military officers are secret traitors, lifetime Republicans are never trumpers, we will not move into the "The poor President was duped by the nefarious Rudy Guliani!"  stage of the evolving defense.  Like Joe Scarborough said this morning the only defense in the end is going to be YES the President pressured a foreign government to investigate the Bidens, And yes the Call was not perfect at all. And yes the money was released barely 48 hours after the investigation into this matter. But that despite the obvious sleaze, and completely improper nature of the call Trump should be able to do anything he wants!  Which also means See ya Corey, Thom, Susan, Martha and perhaps even Joanie Ernst and David Perdue. I think Cornyn survives but it might be a hell of a lot closer than folks think.

Kevin McCarthy once bragged on how the years of Benghazi investigations hurt Hillary Clinton.  The truth here is that Trump gets hurt here with honest and thoughtful people.  I hope they vote in 2020.  I know a LOT of people regret not voting in 2016, and in recent elections we have seen substantial turnout increases relative to prior similar elections. The more folks that vote the more it hurts the GOP.  It's gonna be landscape changing in 2020 if the trend just moves a hair more in the Dems direction.  Hard to win elections with 40-45%!

52 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He’s not holding back. 

I've only read the opening statement, but I think he still holding back. He's confirming what other witnesses have stated, and what is likely in paper record, but he is certainly pretending to forget items which he most likely remembers.  

50 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

Off topic, but why are gov't officials using whatsapp for messaging?  Might as well mail copies to security agencies worldwide.

I assume to avoid FOIA requirements. 

32 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

He confirmed the explicit quid pro quo relating to the military aid at the end their right? 

Not explicit.  He stated that he deduced it was related.  He stated that he had communications with Pompeo what would seem to support that Pompeo believe it was.  He stated that he communicated that it was related to the Ukrainians.  But, at least in the opening statement, he did not testify he was explicitly told it was related.  (The meeting with Trump was explicitly quid pro quo.) 

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That's the Nebraskan legislator that called out the GOP a few months ago.

Yeah, I probably disagree with him on most policies, but recognize that he is a good man with a different perspective.  I use to think that way about many Republicans.  He's a good Facebook feed to follow, and occasionally throw into Republicans' faces, because he speaks the language of the traditional Republican. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I’m actually worried about this because the nutjobs tend to lash out at people far removed from DC like shoppers at an El Paso Walmart or my friendly postal workers or other innocent Americans. 

That's spot on, and they are unhinged.  It's beyond irresponsible, It's culpable.

They are basically pushing violence against anyone who is against Trump.  And these are very popular radio shows.