impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

5 minutes ago, SameSame said:

That's spot on, and they are unhinged.  It's beyond irresponsible, It's culpable.

They are basically pushing violence against anyone who is against Trump.  And these are very popular radio shows.

That's why I report all the FB posts. Especially when they show pictures of their guns and shit. You want to revolt? Here's your chance. When they cops show up to investigate a red flag complaint, you can start your revolution. Good luck. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Nothing will come of any of this.  Americans are just plain stupid.

Eh, I think at least some Americans will get out of this that there are good federal employees trying to do their jobs, that pay to play ambassadorships have their downside, and that sometimes the right thing is to go through the process, even if you aren't going to win.  2018 happened.  We can throw people out.

It's annoying that the semantics of this even matter.

If person A says "Hey, we need you to go murder this guy who wronged Person B" and then separately Person B comes up to you and says "Hey, have you done the thing yet?" it is simultaneously true that Person B never explicitly mentioned murder and this still does not exonerate him in any way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sachick said:

Republicans don’t look happy. They’ll probably just go all in on calling Sondland a liar since he’s remembering things.

Yep.  He'll be labeled as a feckless flip-flopper and they will argue that his countering stances cancel him out as a viable witness while simultaneously running with the slightest positive characterization he has about Trump.  

Just now, Chooky said:

Yep.  He'll be labeled as a feckless flip-flopper and they will argue that his countering stances cancel him out as a viable witness while simultaneously running with the slightest positive characterization he has about Trump.  

It's the same thing they did with Cohen.  It's maddening.

8 minutes ago, sachick said:

Republicans don’t look happy. They’ll probably just go all in on calling Sondland a liar since he’s remembering things.

I hope they do, his memory might be jogged in a way they don't want it to be.  He donated more money to Trump than any of those bootlickers, and this is how his ambassadorship is going to be remembered.

I disagree. I think they will either latch onto Rudy as a rogue unregistered agent and will do more of that revisionist early American history.

Final option is the one mentioned a page or so ago by someone as to quid pro quo but not tied to Biden and specifically said by Trump. Polling was that quid pro quo is seen as okay by their base so they’ll play that up as “so?”

Now imagine if the Dems had been holding six months of hearings like this on all of the other extremely crooked shit we know Trump has done. This would probably register in the bottom half of importance for most Americans once a bunch of his other shit was laid out for all to see.

Oh fuck - "he had to announce the investigations, not necessarily do them." 
Uhhhh 

This. This should be the kill shot.

It won’t be, but it should be. Everything else is just details. He asked for foreign assistance in an election, he did NOT ask for actual anti-corruption investigations.
  • Like 3

When you've lost Ken Starr:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ken-starr-suggests-on-fox-that-gop-senators-may-need-to-make-a-trip-to-white-house-after-sondland-testimony?ref=home

Fox News contributor Ken Starr wondered aloud whether Sondland flipping on President Trump would cause GOP senators to push Trump to resign. “The real issue is the senators are watching,” Starr said. “Are senators going to now say in light of what we hear today, it’s going to be a long day even with the ambassador alone, in light of what we have heard, ‘We need to make a trip down to the White House’? That historic example set during the Nixon presidency. From what I’ve been able to glean I don’t think that’s going to happen. But obviously what happens today could—has the potential to be a game-changer.”