impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

41 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I really want to see Gym Jordan square off against Bolton, assuming Bolton testifies.

Bolton would pull antique elephant ivory nunchucks out of his jacket pocket, make several hopping steps toward him, and lay out Gym Jordan before he had time to make his neck veins stand out.

17 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

As a Republican anti-trumper, I hope all of these cockgobblers like Nunes, Jordan et al go down in a flaming ball of wreckage with the orange haired goon.

Gaetz…  he reminds me of Butch from the Little Rascals.  Just has that punchable face you want to treat like a speedbag. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

For the record, I'm not sure this IS a crime because of the extraterritorial nature of it, for one thing.  Other than the election law violation.

But it is extremely analogous to a crime and corrupt and an abuse of power and thus properly the subject of impeachment.

Plus, the overall pattern of self-dealing at the expense of the country is disgusting and this is but a small part.  Most of those aren't classic crimes either.  The constitution is not self-executing and there apparently is not a statute embodying emoluments against the President, so it's not a crime, either.  But, again, a quasi-crime of corruption and abuse of power.

Terrible irony it is that the same Senators who enabled this lawlessness will be the ultimate impeachment arbitors. Quite a feat by the GOP, you're collectively worse than our forefolks ever could have imagined. Republicanism is a fucking blight.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Just asking questions?  We can have as many hearings as we fucking want.  There’s a lot of dirt still to be shoveled on this flaming pile of shit administration.  

Slow down there, beanbag. I was saying that just in the last 2 days I’ve heard all I need to hear. WE are on the same side here.

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

I’m guessing they don’t move to a vote until the hearing about immunity, if they can compel Pompeo, Bolton, etc to testify, and more importantly, start pulling the records they haven’t had access to, this goes to 11.  The only wiggle room Sondland had was his faulty memory due to not having access to official records of stuff he was talking about. He laid that down all day, get those records, my memory gets better. 

If they can pull those records and compel Pompeo, etc. to testify, goes to 11 will be an understatement.  Gym and Cow-man will be straight-up screaming at the Dems.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Will Hurd is just going through the motions.

I was coming in here to ask about Hurd the Turd.

Anybody care to give some details on what he's said/asked?

I was hoping maybe the guy who doesn't have to worry about re-election and always reminded us of his service in the CIA would actually show some allegiance to the Constitution and the US, rather than DOTARD.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

As a Republican anti-trumper, I hope all of these cockgobblers like Nunes, Jordan et al go down in a flaming ball of wreckage with the orange haired goon.

So you're the Never Trumper we're all waiting for to testify?

"This bruin, bruin, that's he's name, right?  Right?  Never met him.  If I did, maybe at the Alabama game.  People there love me.  Love me.

He should just call himself bear. Right?  There's a bear on that Fox football show."

7 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I was coming in here to ask about Hurd the Turd.

Anybody care to give some details on what he's said/asked?

I was hoping maybe the guy who doesn't have to worry about re-election and always reminded us of his service in the CIA would actually show some allegiance to the Constitution and the US, rather than DOTARD.

Not as bad as he could have been.

And if I recall correctly, at one point, he started asking Laura Cooper for details about what electronic warfare tech is available for the Ukrainians and how we can help the Ukrainians on that front.  Very fucking odd, like he was geeking out/talking shop.

Watching the end of it is hilarious - they are taking up the Republican requests for the subpoena of Hunter Biden, etc.

Schiff shooting them down, and asking who agrees with him (however that works)

13 ayes, 4 no's

The majority of Republicans bailed before the vote/closing statements.

Edited by atomheartbevo

yeah, his heart was clearly not in it,  he looked bored, repeated a couple of the stock questions, and then switched topics, as ahb mentioned. 

The pubs would have been in a much better position if they had approached the hearings like Hurd did. If they had been respectful to the witnesses, minimalist in their questioning, and in the end just scratch their heads about the legalities of the subject.

5 minutes ago, Tuco said:

The pubs would have been in a much better position if they had approached the hearings like Hurd did. If they had been respectful to the witnesses, minimalist in their questioning, and in the end just scratch their heads about the legalities of the subject.

Yeah, but that wouldn't play with their audience of one.

1 hour ago, LonghornJudas said:

Slow down there, beanbag. I was saying that just in the last 2 days I’ve heard all I need to hear. WE are on the same side here.

Slow rolling it and covering all the contingencies is in our favor. Let's allow the courts to do their job. Every day it commands the headlines it helps the Ds smackdown the Rs. It's not only procedurally correct, but there is a level of gamesmanship required. 

Let it ride.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pasken said:

I hate the phrase "nothingburger", but it seems pretty apt in this case. No shit facebook is collabing with the trump admin and trying to keep it quiet. Those shareholders need the advertising dollars, and trump needs a platform that lets him spread his lies and propaganda. 

• Like 2

The platform that allows the most attention starved citizens to broadcast their nothingness, is in cahoots with the most attention starved President in history?  Wow, I did not see this coming.  The venn diagram of people who are not on facebook and who did not vote for Trump is maybe 3,700 of us.  

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Watching the end of it is hilarious - they are taking up the Republican requests for the subpoena of Hunter Biden, etc.

Schiff shooting them down, and asking who agrees with him (however that works)

13 ayes, 4 no's

The majority of Republicans bailed before the vote/closing statements.

i don't really give a shit about hunter biden, what he did, or what he knows.  the whistleblower is a little different, because of the whole intimidation and retribution thing - since there's no other reason to 'out' him.  as for hunter, he doesn't have shit to do with the held-up aid, so i'm not sure what questions they would even ask him.

this entire thing is about the aid.  if they can't find someone to contradict the fact or reasoning behind the held-up aid, then they have nothing.  which we know, full well, full stop, is fucking obvious at this point.

can we trade hunter for bolton and a ptbnl?  you win the fucking pennant with that trade.

• Like 1