impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

“Based on questions and statements I have heard, some of you on this committee appear to believe that Russia and its security services did not conduct a campaign against our country—and that perhaps, somehow, for some reason, Ukraine did. This is a fictional narrative that has been perpetrated and propagated by the Russian security services themselves.”

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Are there any witnesses scheduled for next week? If they wanted to go straight to articles of impeachment after this, these would be nice closing witnesses. Highlight the national security implications. There's a treasonous aspect underlying the bribe, for sure. 

I think they are going to wait as long as they can to get John Bolton to testify.

19 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

She destroyed Nunes in her opening statement. 

The thing is Nunes believes none of the shit he spouts.  It would almost be acceptable if he was just a rube.  Instead, he is a compromised operative that will hopefully find himself sitting in a defendant seat at some point. 

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

The thing is Nunes believes none of the shit he spouts.  It would almost be acceptable if he was just a rube.  Instead, he is a compromised operative that will hopefully find himself sitting in a defendant seat at some point. 

He doesn't want to be there, and it comes across in everything he does.  And now he's a little wrapped up in this thanks to Lev Parnas.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I think they are going to wait as long as they can to get John Bolton to testify.

Probably. There is a strategy available to just move forward and roll everything up into the obstruction. My main point was that if this was the democrats entire case, they would be fine moving forward. Bolton will have a lot to say and probably has a lot memorialized. I just don't know how long it's going to take for that to resolve itself. There's benefit to not dragging it on too much. In any case, Schiff and Goldman have done a masterful job prosecuting this. 

Reading Reddit’s TD Trump cult forum is fun to see all the whining, misogyny and conspiracy theories...but damn it’s a beating having to agree to all the disclaimers regarding it being quarantined. 

Really hope DT loses this next election, the meltdown will be epic.  Still remember them brigading the main page with stickied posts and praising Putin.  Dumbasses.  

Nunes has been to Ukraine how many times exactly? Does Schiff not think that the GOP would accord *them any courtesy? Just serve his butt and ask him questions. You can’t ask him to step down because the GOP would cry foul so make him answer to his association with people under investigation.

*Democrats in a similar situation 

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Clarity