impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This country is a fucking joke.  Millions of people think that these fucking hacks are worthy of political office.  Burn it all down.

I think the average congressional district is ~600,000-700,000 people. So in fairness, it only takes half that to be elected to Congress and sometimes even less so 

Edited by Pig Bellmont
  • Like 1

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

I think the average congressional district is ~600,000-700,000 people. So I’m fairness, it only takes half that to be elected to Congress and sometimes even less so 

Yeah, but they each wear the Team Republican jersey, which is all that matters to the fucking morons that are taking up space in this formerly great nation.

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And Collins their ranking member. There's going to be a lot of shouting. 

Apparently Collins is getting passed over for an opening Senate seat.  The Georgia governor brought his selection to meet Trump, and Trump pushed Collins instead.  The Trumpkin governor is sticking with his pick over Trump's objections.  Not only is the President controlling campaign funds to various Representatives in charge of impeaching him, he is actively lobbying to get one of them appointed to the Senate.  What a fucking racket. 

• Like 1

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Prof. Karlan telling Collins to go fuck himself. 

lol that was great and what did Collins expect?  Of course at least one of them was going to call them out for his BS.  Law professors aren't really known to take no shit from my experience.

• Like 1

Just now, GopherRock said:

Just tuned in. Damn, Karlan giving the GOP the business. 

What did you expect?  She's a hardcore democrat and honestly was too emotional...that kind of thing won't resonate very well with the average viewer who the democrats are actually trying to recruit.

The problem I'm sensing out of all of this is that it's painfully clear how one-sided the partisanship is in these hearings, and thus far there have been seemingly very few, if any truly "neutral" witnesses (if you can even call them that), and that shouldn't be the case when it comes to an impeachment. 

This Gerhardt guy has a much better delivery, he at least comes across as someone people will listen to.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

There's nothing about any of this that isn't just wasting time.

Technically accurate.  Though hearing these people speak makes me realize even more that we are on the edge of collapse as a democracy.  It's a fragile thing.  The Rs are just riding that bomb to the ground, laughing all the way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, McCroskey said:

The problem I'm sensing out of all of this is that it's painfully clear how one-sided the partisanship is in these hearings, and thus far there have been seemingly very few, if any truly "neutral" witnesses (if you can even call them that), and that shouldn't be the case when it comes to an impeachment. 

Impartial.  Non partisan. 

Nobody should be neutral at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Technically accurate.  Though hearing these people speak makes me realize even more that we are on the edge of collapse as a democracy.  It's a fragile thing.  The Rs are just riding that bomb to the ground, laughing all the way.

I've long held the belief that a two party system will be the death of this country. 

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Karlan was "too emotional " What about Collins? Wait until you hear from Jordan, Gaetz, and Ghomert. Are you going to describe them as "too emotional?" Or is that a criticism reserved only for women who speak up?

Thats a rhetorical question. I already know the answer. 

Good lord, sorry you missed the point.  The Dems are trying to strum up support, correct?  Won't get that by screaming or coming across like Karlan.  As I said, Gerhardt was much more effective.   Has nothing to do with being a woman.

What did you expect?  She's a hardcore democrat and honestly was too emotional...that kind of thing won't resonate very well with the average viewer who the democrats are actually trying to recruit.
This Gerhardt guy has a much better delivery, he at least comes across as someone people will listen to.

Too emotional?? You did heat Collins yelling through his opening right? Was that too emotional? Did you think all the republicans were too emotional in the public hearing a couple weeks ago?
  • Like 2

Karlan was "too emotional " What about Collins? Wait until you hear from Jordan, Gaetz, and Ghomert. Are you going to describe them as "too emotional?" Or is that a criticism reserved only for women who speak up?
Thats a rhetorical question. I already know the answer. 

Thanks for calling out the “too emotional” bullshit.

3 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Good lord, sorry you missed the point.  The Dems are trying to strum up support, correct?  Won't get that by screaming or coming across like Karlan.  As I said, Gerhardt was much more effective.   Has nothing to do with being a woman.

Bullshit. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pasken said:

How? 

He's citing his wife, kids, and dog.  He's claiming no evidence of any crime.  He's bitching about the speed of the process without actually addressing what the process has uncovered.  He's playing "both sides".

But, he does seem to not be a shrill woman, so hey, he's got that going for him.

• Like 4