impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

10 minutes ago, sachick said:

Too emotional?? You did heat Collins yelling through his opening right? Was that too emotional? Did you think all the republicans were too emotional in the public hearing a couple weeks ago?

They are too emotional, too.  It's why this whole thing is a turnoff for most people.  Facts don't drive anything, it's all spew.

• Like 1

These committee roll call votes really show the lack of diversity on the Republican side.  They go through all of the Democrats first, and you see a lot of different faces.  Then on to the Republican side and it's pretty much central casting of the same dude, with a few women here and there.

• Like 2

Just now, McCroskey said:

They are too emotional, too.  It's why this whole thing is a turnoff for most people.  Facts don't drive anything, it's all spew.

Oh well.  We can't fix stupid.  But we can support Congressmen doing their Constitutional duty.  Democracy is an experiment.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

He's citing his wife, kids, and dog.  He's claiming no evidence of any crime.  He's bitching about the speed of the process without actually addressing what the process has uncovered.  He's playing "both sides".

But, he does seem to not be a shrill woman, so hey, he's got that going for him.

I think his point is that we are letting our emotions drive this attempt when we don't have the full picture because we are missing key witness testimonies. He's right about the latter but the reason we lack it is POTUS is obstructing justice which is what I'm sure counsel will bring up.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Bullshit. 

Bullshit what?

The goal for the Dems is to remove Trump from office as quickly as possible.   Only way that actually happens is if they can convince 20+ Republican senators to get onboard, and the only way that happens is if they can convince the constituents for each of those 20+ that Trump's actions are worthy of him being removed now, and NOT 13 months from now after an election.   Do you really think that's going to happen by having Middle America lectured by Ivy league professors?

You are kidding yourself or delusional if you think her message is helping.

6 minutes ago, Pasken said:

I think his point is that we are letting our emotions drive this attempt when we don't have the full picture because we are missing key witness testimonies. He's right about the latter but the reason we lack it is POTUS is obstructing justice which is what I'm sure counsel will bring up.

And that further undercuts his credibility.  To assert that we don't have a clear picture because we haven't taken testimony from all involved, when in fact many actors' participation was stonewalled by the White House, kinda leaves out the big point -- the obstruction.  It's absolutely an impeachable offense and he is saying no such offenses have been committed.

Just now, McCroskey said:

Bullshit what?

The goal for the Dems is to remove Trump from office as quickly as possible.   Only way that actually happens is if they can convince 20+ Republican senators to get onboard, and the only way that happens is if they can convince the constituents for each of those 20+ that Trump's actions are worthy of him being removed now, and NOT 13 months from now after an election.   Do you really think that's going to happen by having Middle America lectured by Ivy league professors?

You are kidding yourself or delusional if you think her message is helping.

Talk about delusional.  You seem to think 20+ Republican Senators might be swayed.  That's fucking nuts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

What turns off most intelligent people is when someone commits crimes and there are facts and proof of said crimes and the un intelligent people in this country are too stupid to listen to the truth.  This is not a partisan issue like big government vs small government or Pro Life vs Pro Choice.  This is one side knowing their guy committed crimes and refusing to do anything about it.  

RG0BS1U.gif

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Talk about delusional.  You seem to think 20+ Republican Senators might be swayed.  That's fucking nuts.

Where the fuck did I say I thought that might happen?   I have said no such thing, in fact that's why I originally said this entire thing is a waste of time.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Very debatable 

Well if that's not the goal, then I've completely missed something.  Why exactly are they subjecting us to this, then?  To stick Trump with being the 3rd President to be impeached by the House?   yeah, that'll bother him.

2 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Where the fuck did I say I thought that might happen?   I have said no such thing, in fact that's why I originally said this entire thing is a waste of time.

Shining a very bright light on blatant, overt crimes committed by the sitting POTUS is not a waste of time, even though it likely won't result in his impeachment. His actions cannot be condoned, and not pursuing an impeachment action is condoning them.

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There could be a video of Trump blowing Putin in the Oval Office while wearing Monica's blue dress and the Republicans would suddenly be pro-homosexuality.  They're under a fucking spell.

• Like 2

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Because it's their fucking duty.

Be careful about going down that road.   There are far more pressing matters that it's equally their duty to "govern" that they are completely ignoring as a result of this, and I would argue many of those (education, gun rights, mental healthcare, etc...) would be FAR more beneficial to their cause than this shit show.

• Fuck You 16

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Shining a very bright light on blatant, overt crimes committed by the sitting POTUS is not a waste of time, even though it likely won't result in his impeachment. His actions cannot be condoned, and not pursuing an impeachment action is condoning them.

Agree with this.  History needs to record all of this, and where everyone stood on it.

• Like 1

Well if that's not the goal, then I've completely missed something.  Why exactly are they subjecting us to this, then?  To stick Trump with being the 3rd President to be impeached by the House?   yeah, that'll bother him.

Because that’s their fucking job. You can’t have a president running around doing whatever the fuck he wants without consequences. If the Senate Republicans choose not to convict him, so be it. Their names will be in the record books as being okay with this sort of behavior from a President.
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

But at any cost?     I completely disagree.    

1 minute ago, McCroskey said:

Be careful about going down that road.   There are far more pressing matters that it's equally their duty to "govern" that they are completely ignoring as a result of this, and I would argue many of those (education, gun rights, mental healthcare, etc...) would be FAR more beneficial to their cause than this shit show.

My personal favorite talking point. 

8 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

This presupposes there is no value other than removal.  I say that's delusional, too.

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'm attracted to the woman with the slicked back hair behind Prof. Karlan's right shoulder. Maybe "slicked back" isn't quite accurate. She reminds me of someone from a movie but I can't think who. I'm thinking a hot villain of some sort. 

Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies!

2 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

So let's not bother with trivial issues like criminal actions by the POTUS.  Again, I've said this before, but I say all of this as a registered Republican.  But I cannot abide this current administration, nor the bootlicks in congress supporting it.  And those who blindly tow the line based solely on party allegiance are as guilty as anyone.

• Like 4

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

This presupposes there is no value other than removal.  I say that's delusional, too.

Maybe I am delusional and missing a lot of this, I'll admit it.  I was just taught to pick your battles, and this action doesn't seem anywhere near worthy of all of this time and opportunity cost.