impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

McCroskey, have you been paying attention?  Like, at all?  I'm not trying to be a dick, well maybe a little, but it really seems like you are a child who has wandered into the middle of a movie.

You're right, but this is going to be the message to the general public who isn't paying attention...

"FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:TOTAL EXONERATION BY THE SENATE!!!!!"

9 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Be careful about going down that road.   There are far more pressing matters that it's equally their duty to "govern" that they are completely ignoring as a result of this, and I would argue many of those (education, gun rights, mental healthcare, etc...) would be FAR more beneficial to their cause than this shit show.

This assumes they can't and aren't doing multiple things at once which they can and are. They have passed a lot of legislation that is sitting in the Senate. The House has passed nearly 400 bills, not including resolutions.

Edited by Pasken
  • Like 6

Trump said he would not be having the helicopter chat with the press upon his return from London later today. While some of that may be to avoid awkward questions regarding the meetings, he also will need to get today's inquiry notes from Fox so he can trundle a bundle of anti-Kaplan tweets. Being a smart capable female makes her a target. She is twitterless (I believe) so good for her that she can avoid some of that noise from his sycophants. Never has made any sense to me why a developed nation would ignore 50% of its brain power just because the genitalia is different.

@WhatTheBuck maybe the 'gold' lady from Guardians of the Galaxy? Sorry I'm not good with names...

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'm attracted to the woman with the slicked back hair behind Prof. Karlan's right shoulder. Maybe "slicked back" isn't quite accurate. She reminds me of someone from a movie but I can't think who. I'm thinking a hot villain of some sort. 

Reminds me of Kristin Scott Thomas.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Be careful about going down that road.   There are far more pressing matters that it's equally their duty to "govern" that they are completely ignoring as a result of this, and I would argue many of those (education, gun rights, mental healthcare, etc...) would be FAR more beneficial to their cause than this shit show.

Seriously, why should anyone pay attention to you when apparently you believe that all the witnesses that testified were partisan? What a crock of shit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

But at any cost?     I completely disagree.    

Cards on the table: if you had a magic wand to make it happen, do you believe the President should be impeached by the House and removed by the Senate for the crimes he has committed?

Right now the only thing you are doing is spouting off bullshit GOP talking points without stating any coherent positions. 

• Like 1

I find it embarrassing that these legal scholars have to provide mundane examples of solicitation, etc. in order to make it blindingly obvious why Trump's actions are impeachable.

I fully expect Gym and the boys to attempt to get Turley to somehow muddy that picture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I find it embarrassing that these legal scholars have to provide mundane examples of solicitation, etc. in order to make it blindingly obvious why Trump's actions are impeachable.

I fully expect Gym and the boys to attempt to get Turley to somehow muddy that picture.

It doesn't matter if it's embarrassing, this is going to hit hard in the soundbite world in which we live. 

13 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

This is a Republican troll.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My feelings exactly.  We can’t tell wrong from right without legal scholars running interference for the gaslighters.

it’s depressing AF. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

I said most were.

Sure, are you talking about the guy that donated a million dollars to Trump's campaign? Oh wait, he testified there was quid pro quo and that aid was withheld for purposes of getting the statement regarding investigations into the Bidens. Or maybe the other ambassador appointed by Trump that had text messages telling everyone at the time that you can't condition meetings/aid on investigations into political rivals? Or are we talking about the government civil servants that have served in more Republican administrations than Democratic ones who all testified that the events were unusual and that asking for political investigations was inappropriate? What exactly does it take to be non-partisan in your mind? What does it even mean? Every fucking rational human being should be against what Trump was fucking doing. That doesn't mean everyone is partisan. If Trump were walking around stabbing babies, you'd call those trying to stop him "partisan." 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

That is the most ignorant thing I've read in months. Take what ever time it takes to read the report that was submitted to the Judicial Committee this week, then get back to us when you don't think what has taken place is an extreme breach of power by the President. 

Not even diving into why we are in this mess, the President inviting a foreign nation to just announce it's opening an investigation into the President's political opponent. Trump has been blatantly pissing on the Constitution with the refusal to allow witness testimony from each office of the government that is currently tied up in this mess (State, DoD, OMB). There is nothing more pressing that the Congress should be doing right now. 

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Reminds me of Kristin Scott Thomas.

I like her too but I'm thinking of someone else. I can picture her perfectly in my mind but I can't think of what movie it was. I browsed some Harrison Ford movies on IMDb with no success. 

Wait! It just hit me. It was Sam Phillips as Katya in Die Hard 3. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Yeah, you better take that one up with Turtle McTurtlefuckstickshitstainassholeFace.

20 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

But at any cost?     I completely disagree.    

What's the cost? At least one party in our system of government is doing its job. I have no idea what side you fall on, but you are coming across as one ignorant fool. I'm a lifelong conservative, who voted for the piece of shit back in 2016 and who is now making a mockery of our system of government on an hourly basis. I have never been more empowered to vote against every republican currently running for office. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Well if that's not the goal, then I've completely missed something.  Why exactly are they subjecting us to this, then?  To stick Trump with being the 3rd President to be impeached by the House?   yeah, that'll bother him.

It's the right thing to do whether Trump is removed or not. He committed crimes.

Your feigned pragmatism must be the latest GOP rude to stay on the wrong side of this, yet appear sane.

Fuck that 

P

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Sure, are you talking about the guy that donated a million dollars to Trump's campaign? Oh wait, he testified there was quid pro quo and that aid was withheld for purposes of getting the statement regarding investigations into the Bidens. Or maybe the other ambassador appointed by Trump that had text messages telling everyone at the time that you can't condition meetings/aid on investigations into political rivals? Or are we talking about the government civil servants that have served in more Republican administrations than Democratic ones who all testified that the events were unusual and that asking for political investigations was inappropriate? What exactly does it take to be non-partisan in your mind? What does it even mean? Every fucking rational human being should be against what Trump was fucking doing. That doesn't mean everyone is partisan. If Trump were walking around stabbing babies, you'd call those trying to stop him "partisan." 

Ignore him. He's probably posting on some alt-right board boasting about how he's trolling all us normies right now, and how he can't wait for the day of the rope when he and his buddies can reveal their true power level and kill us all. Always remember that that's where these guys who delight in telling blatant lies want this to go.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

What's the cost? At least one party in our system of government is doing its job. I have no idea what side you fall on, but you are coming across as one ignorant fool. I'm a lifelong conservative, who voted for the piece of shit back in 2016 and who is now making a mockery of our system of government on an hourly basis. I have never been more empowered to vote against every republican currently running for office. 

spacer.png

You and me both.  Except I abstained from checking either box in the 2016 election.  I knew then that he would be the worst thing to happen to the GOP ever.  But I had no idea it would be THIS bad.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I like her too but I'm thinking of someone else. I can picture her perfectly in my mind but I can't think of what movie it was. I browsed some Harrison Ford movies on IMDb with no success. 

Wait! It just hit me. It was Sam Phillips as Katya in Die Hard 3. 

Diehard3_2595.jpg

• Like 2

I don't know why I ask this question over and over, but why would someone who has clearly risen to the upper echelons of his profession gaslight like Turley is doing? 

He's making all kinds of specious claims.  "Impeachment requires proof".  No, REMOVAL requires proof, at least if people are acting honestly.  

He's saying exactly NONE of Trump's actions as POTUS constitute obstruction of justice.  He knows that's not true -- why die on this hill?  

Asshat.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't know why I ask this question over and over, but why would someone who has clearly risen to the upper echelons of his profession gaslight like Turley is doing? 

He's making all kinds of specious claims.  "Impeachment requires proof".  No, REMOVAL requires proof, at least if people are acting honestly.  

He's saying exactly NONE of Trump's actions as POTUS constitute obstruction of justice.  He knows that's not true -- why die on this hill?  

Asshat.

Money, money, money.

He's gonna get paid to go on Fox, etc. and talk about how this is so UNFAIR!

He may get a Federal judge appointment out of it.

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Before today’s circus begins it’s important to note Jonathan Turley is a fucking joke. 

Damn right!  His testimony was a joke, he never addressed the impeachable charges but rather gave his personal opinion that impeachment is not a good idea. 

28 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

So what?  All women are.  

This.

Never understood discrimination against the gays, bis, etc. and have supported laws ending all discrimination against them. 

Well except if you’re a good looking woman and a lesbian. That should be illegal.