impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

41 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

so, the democrats have really missed the bus with turley on this front. "you wish to see more evidence. would you like to see this document?" yes "has the white house obstructed us from accessing that document?" boom, you've got him. over and over again, with the documents withheld, and with the witnesses blocked from testifying.

"Our Republican colleagues have listed numerous documents and witnesses that we aren't seeing that they say could exonerate the President. These so-called fact witnesses would be able, under oath, to testify as to whether the President committed these impeachable offenses. In effect, the President's guilt could be proven or disproven by these documents and witnesses.

So why exactly is the White House withholding these documents from and instructing these witnesses not to testify before this committee? These documents and witnesses can either prove or disprove Mr. Trump's guilt. So the question is this: if you control access to documents and witnesses that will either prove you guilty or prove you're not guilty, why would you refuse to allow those documents and witnesses to be seen by the American people? The answer is obvious."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

eh, she might have gone full mama bear, but got her spokeswoman to compose it up. it was a regretful comment by the professor. 

I can only assume Melania was just as livid about the NRA targeting Secret Service protection of the Obama daughters.

Fuck Melania Trump.  Not literally.  Wouldn't want to catch something.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

eh, she might have gone full mama bear, but got her spokeswoman to compose it up. it was a regretful comment by the professor. 

There's nothing inappropriate about what she said. As per usual, the GOP is tilting at windmills. 

""The Constitution doesn’t allow titles of nobility," she said. "The president can name his son Barron, but he can’t make him a baron."

• Like 4

Just now, suddenly shaggy said:

There's nothing inappropriate about what she said. As per usual, the GOP is tilting at windmills. 

""The Constitution doesn’t allow titles of nobility," she said. "The president can name his son Barron, but he can’t make him a baron."

look, i'm about as biased as they come, but leave the kid's names out of it. i find it distasteful, and i'm as anti-trump as they come.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Cosimo de' Medici said:

I love this circle jerk thread of loudmouth fucktards who enjoy spending the middle of a workday bitching and moaning. Know the silent majority is laughing at you. Silent only because we are busy contributing to the economy and society.

You're silent because you're a bunch of pussies that don't want anyone to know how shitty you are. 

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Side bar- What jobs do y’all have that allow you to watch and comment on these hearings so thoroughly?

I'm a farmer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, hayden_horn said:

sigh. whatever. it gives ammo. it's an unforced error. 

i've made my thoughts clear, yall can disagree.

I'm not sure it is. The GOP and FOX are going to gaslight. Dems are just picking what topic the GOP is going to lie about.

Let them spin their histrionics on it. It's pretty easy to show they are massively overreacting by showing people what she actually said. 

2 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

I'm not sure it is. The GOP and FOX are going to gaslight. Dems are just picking what topic the GOP is going to lie about.

Let them spin their histrionics on it. It's pretty easy to show they are massively overreacting by showing people what she actually said. 

Oh it’s pearl clutching faux outrage for sure. It’s just silly to give them that ammo. 

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

Oh it’s pearl clutching faux outrage for sure. It’s just silly to give them that ammo. 

Yep, but she's a witness.  She's not expected to be a political animal.

It's similar to Schiff's paraphrase of Trump's call with Zelensky.  To this day it continues to provide a talking point for the right to muddy the water.  Would they have found something else?  Sure, but don't serve up high hanging curve balls.  Be better (so to speak).

It takes a lot to surprise me at this point. Finding out Giuliani met with BOTH of the disgraced, corrupt Ukrainian prosecutors THIS week surprises me. Both Shokin and Lutsenko.   

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/473014-giuliani-meets-with-fired-ukrainian-prosecutor-who-pushed-biden-2016

Edited by suddenly shaggy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Terrorists in Iraq got more rights than Trump?

LOL

Well, we just took out two guys in the region with a missile that doesn't explode, but rather sticks out huge swords from all sides.

So, unless and until Trump is subjected to airstrikes with a flying blade stick with no warning, I'ma say "yeah, gonna have to disagree with y'all there."

Clearly it's wrong to invoke a pol's minor child by name, especially in a charged atmosphere like impeachment hearings.

I'm not proud to admit that part of me doesn't care. That part knows the GOP could give a shit about what's wrong, remembers Chelsea the family dog, and is tired of any semblance of playing nice. Trump gleefully skullfucks what's "right" at every turn. 

That doesn't make it right or smart though. If the point was important, it could have been made more artfully.

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yep, but she's a witness.  She's not expected to be a political animal.

It's similar to Schiff's paraphrase of Trump's call with Zelensky.  To this day it continues to provide a talking point for the right to muddy the water.  Would they have found something else?  Sure, but don't serve up high hanging curve balls.  Be better (so to speak).

Or - fuck them and their bullshit faux outrage.  Look I get the outrage about the paraphrasing.  1.  It's Schiff, he's leading the committee.  2.  You are making shit up on the very topic that you are impeaching him.  It was dumb. 

Some witness saying that the President can't use his powers to get his son a royal title is a non-issue of the highest magnitude.  She was not commenting or criticizing or talking about any characteristic of Baron other than he is the President's son.   It's political got-you bullshit of the highest magnitude.

• Like 2

is there video of that florida moron grandstanding, getting revved up, and eventually getting to his big finish of "the american people are smarter than that" but mispronouncing 'smarter'?

i haven't watched it all, but that's been one of my favorite parts, and reminds me of...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, deech said:

Or - fuck them and their bullshit faux outrage.  Look I get the outrage about the paraphrasing.  1.  It's Schiff, he's leading the committee.  2.  You are making shit up on the very topic that you are impeaching him.  It was dumb. 

Some witness saying that the President can't use his powers to get his son a royal title is a non-issue of the highest magnitude.  She was not commenting or criticizing or talking about any characteristic of Baron other than he is the President's son.   It's political got-you bullshit of the highest magnitude.

I'm not arguing any of this.