impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

25 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

If you truly believed that you would have spent your time starting an Afghanistan Papers thread instead of posting on the impeachment thread.

Why? What’s the point? Few here care. You get more engagement here posting John Brennan tweets. 

21 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

We will be the Russian vassal state that Zavala and GRHorn dream of. They don't even really need to openly tell us that they are traitors. 

Yawn. 

42 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

To our friends who scoff at this impeachment:  you are the problem.  You are willfully ignorant and immune to fact.  You have no moral compass.

Fuck.

You.

IMO Trump should’ve never denied the situation. Looking into why the drug addled, amoral son of a Presidential front runner has a foreign executive position that isn’t justified by his experience is understandable. I scoff at the theatrics of it all. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 7

Hey @Fozzz, what part of Trump and the GOP pushing Kremlin conspiracy theories do you like most?

Giving Putin's lies legitimacy in the eyes of some Americans?  Pitting Americans against each other to destabilize the nation?  Destroying our NATO alliances? Or the discrediting our own intelligence, and law enforcement agencies?

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

She's a batshit hawk and Russophobe.  I swear to God y'all would sing Rummy's praises if he were to come out of the woodwork to attack Trump.  

That's what FOX and the boys are telling you to say.  Neither you nor them had ever heard of her until a couple of weeks ago, and you know not one god damned thing about her.

You are a stupid, easily manipulated traitor.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Looking into why the drug addled, amoral son of a Presidential front runner has a foreign executive position that isn’t justified by his experience is understandable.

It might be if you are a US Attorney or the SEC or something, maybe a local DA.  It's not when you're POTUS and you have three children and their spouses occupying similar sinecures.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

IMO Trump should’ve never denied the situation. Looking into why the drug addled, amoral son of a Presidential front runner has a foreign executive position that isn’t justified by his experience is understandable. I scoff at the theatrics of it all. 

You've obviously never dealt with the board of a public company.  Hunter Biden's background is quite typical for such a position.  But, you're determined to cast shade on others to distract from the malfeasance of your own, because you (like the others) enable and support traitors.  You're just a little more literate than your compadres.  

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Hey @Fozzz, what part of Trump and the GOP pushing Kremlin conspiracy theories do you like most?

Giving Putin's lies legitimacy in the eyes of some Americans?  Pitting Americans against each other to destabilize the nation?  Destroying our NATO alliances? Or the discrediting our own intelligence, and law enforcement agencies?

Obviously the discrediting of our intelligence and law enforcement agencies.  How is this even a question?

3 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Obviously the discrediting of our intelligence and law enforcement agencies.  How is this even a question?

How is it a question why you would favor Russia State intelligence agencies over our own?

Hurr durr, I don't trust the deep state intelligence, here, look what the Russian intelligence says. I am very smart

• Like 1

It's good to have two articles nailed down with layers of evidence and cooperative govt witnesses.  With so much still on the table for additional articles of impeachment, there has to be more to the calculus.  It's hard to imagine impeachment won't expand as more evidence and witnesses become available. 

With that in mind, I wonder if Trump now being formally impeached with defined articles, notably Obstruction of Congress, will carry any weight with the SCOTUS this Friday when they consider whether or not to deny hearing appeals on up to three Trump cases directly tied to ongoing Congressional impeachment investigations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

It's good to have two articles nailed down with layers of evidence and cooperative govt witnesses.  With so much still on the table for additional articles of impeachment, there has to be more to the calculus.  It's hard to imagine impeachment won't expand as more evidence and witnesses become available. 

With that in mind, I wonder if Trump now being formally impeached with defined articles, notably Obstruction of Congress, will carry any weight with the SCOTUS this Friday when they consider whether or not to deny hearing appeals on up to three Trump cases directly tied to ongoing Congressional impeachment investigations.

Thank you for something substantive this morning among all the trolls and those engaging them.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

To our friends who scoff at this impeachment:  you are the problem.  You are willfully ignorant and immune to fact.  You have no moral compass.

Fuck.

You.

49 minutes ago, ndawg said:

The right just wants to win elections. It's that simple. The only time they're ever honest is when they're gloating over some victory. Every other word they blabber is either meant to gaslight everyone (including themselves) into believing they're knowledgeable, or to gaslight everyone (including themselves) into believing that they care about America.

They're broken souls. We're fucked.

Trump getting elected has broken you. Please, get help.  

I think Trump was going to get re-elected anyways, but this planned, transparent and flawed impeachment is going to put the nail in the coffin.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 7

7 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

I think this could've been a reason to at least get some of the articles drafted and formally impeaching trump.  If that is the case, well played by the dems. (I'm not quick to believe they had the forethought to think of this plan)

15 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

But that's not what Donald Trump did. That's a pretext. What Donald Trump actually did was withhold military aid from a foreign nation until that nation agreed to take certain actions which would make Joe Biden look bad. He only released the aid after he got caught.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

So it's your position that we should do away with intelligence and justice services from the government?

Maybe there would be room for some type of intelligence service, but we should definitely abolish the NSA, DIA, CIA, etc. as they currently exist.  Many in the intelligence community should also be subject to criminal prosecution for the harm they have done.

• Like 1

Just now, Fozzz said:

Maybe there would be room for some type of intelligence service, but we should definitely abolish the NSA, DIA, CIA, etc. as they currently exist.  Many in the intelligence community should also be subject to criminal prosecution for the harm they have done.

The United States of America will cease to exist before any of that happens.

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

If you think the Russians meaningfully influenced the 2016 election then your grasp of reality is about as tenuous as the average poster on the TexAgs politics board.  Even hacks like Nate Silver will admit that there's no evidence that foreign intervention had any import whatsoever.

https://smile.amazon.com/Cyberwar-Russian-Hackers-Trolls-President/dp/0190915811

46 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

The whole "show us the whistleblower" is one of the most stupid and dishonest aspects of this whole inquiry.  It's also such a laughable example of witness tampering and intimidation related to an administration that uses obstruction of justice as SOP. 

I work for a Fortune 500 company.  No better or worse than any other company, but if a person comes to us and makes a complaint of fraud, or harassment or anything and wants to remain anonymous, they stay anonymous.  The case is investigated, and witnesses are questioned. 

The underlying relevance of the whistleblower vanishes once other facts and witnesses are discovered.  If it is a critical matter and the whistleblower is the only person who can or will support some underlying fact, then there may be a point where the case needs to be "dropped" or the company needs to go all in one what the whistle blower is claiming.  (I.e., make a crediblity determination regarding an allegation of sex harassment). 

Nobody gets to harass the whistle blower, because it is understood that if the case isn't supportable, it's likely not going to pass the smell test.  But more likely, in a case of multiple witnesses, the whistle blower is just listed as another witness, primarily so as not to dissuade whistle blowers in the future.

Sure, once a whistleblower is called as a fact witness post investigation, I think it is fair to find out if they were the whistle blower and what they reported -- that could relate to credibility and be food for cross examination.  But at the investigation phase?

Which is all to say that IMO, the impeachable offense is obstruction of justice, and always has been.

A whistleblower is someone who witnesses a crime or wrongdoing, he didn't witness anything first hand, and he used a whistleblower report for someone who works for the Intel agencies, which is incorrect for the office of the president. Keep trying to compare it to other dumb fuck examples though. 

It's all the Democraps strategy is anymore, just throw fake shit at Trump endlessly. They can't even pin down anything, it's the same as the special council, they are trying to leak and make up things about Trump, when he defends himself they call it obstruction. It's semantics. 

Using a special council and impeachment as your political strategy is pathetic. Trump Derangement Syndrome is happening big-time in the Democrat party, but it's not going to win any votes from the middle.

Also, none of this shit is going to stick, just like the Mueller nonsense.

• Fuck You 5

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Fuck.

You.

This

10 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I think Trump was going to get re-elected anyways, but this planned, transparent and flawed impeachment is going to put the nail in the coffin.

See first quoted section. 

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

out of the fucking woodwork this morning. weird, isn't it?

It's a vast right wing Russian bot conspiracy!

clinton_tinfoil_hat.png

Lol football season is slowing down, some people came to peek back into this echo chamber to laugh at y'all.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 7

20 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It might be if you are a US Attorney or the SEC or something, maybe a local DA.  It's not when you're POTUS and you have three children and their spouses occupying similar sinecures.

This bit of minor, foreign corporate corruption is or should be so far below the horizon of the President that it doesn't even register, much less merit a conversation between heads of state.

Unless  . . .  the beneficiary of it happens to be the President's political opponent/enemy.

It's just absurd.

• Like 3

Just now, Zavala said:

A whistleblower is someone who witnesses a crime or wrongdoing, he didn't witness anything first hand,

There is absolutely no requirement for a person who is a whistle blower to be a direct witness.  That's a ludicrous modification of the definition of whistle blower.

noun
noun: whistleblower
  1. a person who informs on a person or organization engaged in an illicit activity.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

A whistleblower is someone who witnesses a crime or wrongdoing, he didn't witness anything first hand, and he used a whistleblower report for someone who works for the Intel agencies, which is incorrect for the office of the president. Keep trying to compare it to other dumb fuck examples though. 

It's all the Democraps strategy is anymore, just throw fake shit at Trump endlessly. They can't even pin down anything, it's the same as the special council, they are trying to leak and make up things about Trump, when he defends himself they call it obstruction. It's semantics. 

Using a special council and impeachment as your political strategy is pathetic. Trump Derangement Syndrome is happening big-time in the Democrat party, but it's not going to win any votes from the middle.

You are way out of your depth here.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Holy shit.  You are a loon.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Some people are above the law.

FBI isn't innocent either. Like what all did they find out at Epstein's blackmail pedo island? Nothing? 

• Fuck You 6

2 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

There is absolutely no requirement for a person who is a whistle blower to be a direct witness.  That's a ludicrous modification of the definition of whistle blower.

noun
noun: whistleblower
  1. a person who informs on a person or organization engaged in an illicit activity.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

You are way out of your depth here.

1 minute ago, tantric superman said:

Holy shit.  You are a loon.

Ok boomers

• Fuck You 7

37 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Please get a vasectomy.  Today.

59 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Why? What’s the point? Few here care. You get more engagement here posting John Brennan tweets. 

Yawn. 

He was a Yale trained lawyer with 20 years of experience. What fucking qualifications do you think board members of companies need to have? I mean fuck, the primary qualification for the vast majority is owning shares of the company, and that is about it. He has more qualifications than ANY of the Trump kids have for any position above janitor. Yet, apparently their positions don't bother you, I wonder why?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Ok boomers

Seriously, you have no idea what the legal definition of whistle blower is. It has nothing to do with being a witness, but just being a person who would inform on the illicit activity of an individual or organization. I represent civil whistle blowers for things like Medicare fraud. Sometimes they have first hand information. Sometimes they just have information they have pieced together from others and realize that something bad is happening. They report it and then it gets investigated. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Party of tolerance, indeed. 

I have no reason to be tolerant of you and your kind.  You are destroying this country.  You deserve nothing but INtolerance.  I said it two years ago and I believe it now -- the gloves need to be off and they need to stay off.  Enough with the bullshit namby pamby approach to politics on the part of the left -- the right plays dirty, we'll play dirty.  We'll take you down and laugh at you while we're doing it.  You don't deserve pity.

In case you missed it the first time around, fuck you.

• Like 8

Listening to the circular logic and outright distortions put forth by McCarthy and Scalise is maddening.

Talking about democrats ignoring facts while they twist the truth and allow this criminal to shun long established laws and norms makes me sick.

Fuck all these traitors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

And you certainly don't ask a foreign government to do the investigating. You let them know that you want to investigate and ask them (in most cases tell them) to cooperate with the FBI, who will be on their way shortly.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Seriously, you have no idea what the legal definition of whistle blower is. It has nothing to do with being a witness, but just being a person who would inform on the illicit activity of an individual or organization. I represent civil whistle blowers for things like Medicare fraud. Sometimes they have first hand information. Sometimes they just have information they have pieced together from others and realize that something bad is happening. They report it and then it gets investigated. 

I love watching Zavala, the 20-something suburban kid, educated on Youtube and USPatriotz.net, explaining to everyone how this is supposed to work.

22 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Party of tolerance, indeed. Maybe you should adjust your Hillary Clinton panties. They may be cutting off blood circulation making you incapable of independent thought.

I'm not a liberal and I didn't vote for Hillary. 

What's your Fox News flow chart tell you to say now?

• Like 8