impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

55 minutes ago, Zavala said:

A whistleblower is someone who witnesses a crime or wrongdoing, he didn't witness anything first hand, and he used a whistleblower report for someone who works for the Intel agencies, which is incorrect for the office of the president. Keep trying to compare it to other dumb fuck examples though.

his report was deemed legit, corroborated, and marked urgent by a trump appointee.  would've been very easy to knock it down and bury it otherwise.  he didn't leak it, he did his job and went through the proper channels.

56 minutes ago, Zavala said:

It's all the Democraps strategy is anymore, just throw fake shit at Trump endlessly. They can't even pin down anything, it's the same as the special council, they are trying to leak and make up things about Trump, when he defends himself they call it obstruction. It's semantics. 

if the shit was fake, it should've been very easy to allow certain fact witnesses to testify to exonerate him.  the fact is we saw zero fact witnesses of any kind from the right.  zero witnesses that said anything that refuted what the witnesses called by intel had already said.  innocent people don't block every single witness and every single document from subpoena. 

trump's only "defense" is "well, they didn't like him and wanted to impeach him for a long time".  i guess in the future, if a president is disliked by the other side, it gives them free reign to do whatever they want for the next 4 years.  that sounds fair.

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Also, none of this shit is going to stick, just like the Mueller nonsense.

if stick = removal, of course it won't.  nobody thinks it will.  it wouldn't stick with a 60-40 dem majority in the senate.  but you don't stop arresting and prosecuting criminals who break the law just because you already know the jury is crooked.  america doesn't work like that.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

but of course.  hope the WH doc has the tranq darts handy

The Senate will not remove Trump if he makes it to January w/o another 'health issue,' but someone should probably keep the following out of his updates unless they want to hasten his complete meltdown:

The NRA, whose spending (according to filed documents) increased by over $100 million to $419 million in 2016 has the sketchy 'dark money' cloud hanging over its head. So do some of the politicians who have accepted the money and don't see a problem with consorting with spies, oligarchs, and owners of illustrious companies such as Fraud Guarantee.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I have no reason to be tolerant of you and your kind.  You are destroying this country.  You deserve nothing but INtolerance.  I said it two years ago and I believe it now -- the gloves need to be off and they need to stay off.  Enough with the bullshit namby pamby approach to politics on the part of the left -- the right plays dirty, we'll play dirty.  We'll take you down and laugh at you while we're doing it.  You don't deserve pity.

In case you missed it the first time around, fuck you.

Lol. Ok dude. Don’t let all that hate burn you up.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

3 hours ago, Fozzz said:

If you think the Russians meaningfully influenced the 2016 election then your grasp of reality is about as tenuous as the average poster on the TexAgs politics board.  Even hacks like Nate Silver will admit that there's no evidence that foreign intervention had any import whatsoever.

this post is Exhibit A on exactly how effective the Russian influence efforts have been and continue to be.

They've got Americans disseminating Russian talking points. (I assume you are an American).

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The Senate will not remove Trump if he makes it to January w/o another 'health issue,' but someone should probably keep the following out of his updates unless they want to hasten his complete meltdown:

The NRA, whose spending (according to filed documents) increased by over $100 million to $419 million in 2016 has the sketchy 'dark money' cloud hanging over its head. So do some of the politicians who have accepted the money and don't see a problem with consorting with spies, oligarchs, and owners of illustrious companies such as Fraud Guarantee.

that dark russian nra money tho

33 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

his report was deemed legit, corroborated, and marked urgent by a trump appointee.  would've been very easy to knock it down and bury it otherwise.  he didn't leak it, he did his job and went through the proper channels.

if the shit was fake, it should've been very easy to allow certain fact witnesses to testify to exonerate him.  the fact is we saw zero fact witnesses of any kind from the right.  zero witnesses that said anything that refuted what the witnesses called by intel had already said.  innocent people don't block every single witness and every single document from subpoena. 

trump's only "defense" is "well, they didn't like him and wanted to impeach him for a long time".  i guess in the future, if a president is disliked by the other side, it gives them free reign to do whatever they want for the next 4 years.  that sounds fair.

if stick = removal, of course it won't.  nobody thinks it will.  it wouldn't stick with a 60-40 dem majority in the senate.  but you don't stop arresting and prosecuting criminals who break the law just because you already know the jury is crooked.  america doesn't work like that.

They did not allow any witnessess that weren't vetted by Shit.

They are being attacked and slandered by Dems who will twist and use the control over the media to spin whatever shit they want, why would the WH comply?

Remember what 0bomba did to "whisteblowers"? 

Remember what 0bomba turned over during the investigation into the fast and furious thing?

The judicial branch is the ones between the congress and WH when there's a disagreement, there's 3 branches, let them do their job. 

Either way, the dems are broke, they don't have the money to campaign, they haven't done anything with the majority in congress, so their strategy is to attack Trump to try and get the twitter types all riled up.

It's a horrible mistake, pandering to a twitter audience is not going to win elections. Most people just don't care or are somewhere in the center politically. They tend to be repelled by things, rather than be attracted to things. 

Ya gonna lose.

180322-lewis-biden-tease_rh63j9

• Fuck You 9

10 minutes ago, yoladu said:

this post is Exhibit A on exactly how effective the Russian influence efforts have been and continue to be.

They've got Americans disseminating Russian talking points. (I assume you are an American).

Man the Russians are super powerful for a bunch of AIDS infected dumbfuck drunks with no economy.

• Fuck You 2

11 minutes ago, yoladu said:

If Putin says the sky is blue does such a statement also become a Russian talking point?  

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

If Putin says the sky is blue does such a statement also become a Russian talking point?  

Вы легко этим манипулируете или сознательно выполняете приказы Путина?

45 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Listening to the circular logic and outright distortions put forth by McCarthy and Scalise is maddening.

Talking about democrats ignoring facts while they twist the truth and allow this criminal to shun long established laws and norms makes me sick.

Fuck all these traitors.

The Dem said that impeachment should be bi-partisan. Thanks, Dem, for providing us with cover for uniting against recognizing the facts against Trump. We merely need to keep our lock step caucus in line no matter what the individuals might think of the charges. (We're so clever using shamelessness to defeat your point!)

There is no evidence! Where are the witnesses who can testify first hand? This is a sham! (I will say this loudly so my base will forget that Trump has forbidden executive branch witnesses to testify.)

Adam Schiff is a coward because we call him a special prosecutor, but he won't appear before the committee and testify in that role. (Tee hee, we're so good at shameless sophistry and lying! We don't mind yelling that people who honor their oaths are cowards while we completely commit ourselves to an obvious liar and coward and criminal.) 

The absurd theater of GOPs supposedly investigating these charges before the cameras disgusts me in its dishonesty and absolute disregard for this country. They can do a jig and lie about the meaning of an acquittal for Trump should it come, but they have identified themselves and their followers as despicable collaborators with foreign enemies and persons of zero integrity.

An America that understood its own history and the experiment that is self-government would frog march these villains to the gallows. But we're not that America. 

To adapt from Oliver Stone's Nixon, I look at Schiff and see what I want the country to be. I look at Trump and see what this country is. Self-absorbed, distracted, narrowly educated, and slaves to their immediate emotions.

Trump's acquittal, should it happen, will solidify us as a banana republic. At some point it will get bloody.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eastwood said:

And you certainly don't ask a foreign government to do the investigating. You let them know that you want to investigate and ask them (in most cases tell them) to cooperate with the FBI, who will be on their way shortly.

Stop.  Stop using their gaslighting characterization.

The important fact is the one that the GOP repeatedly ignores and mischaracterizes -- Trump asked Ukraine to ANNOUNCE an investigation.  Ukraine making a public statement was a specific ask.  And is a specific crime.  And is specifically ignored and mischaracterized by the gaslighting GOP.

Don't repeat their lies.  Fuck them up the ass with their lies.*

* The problem is, the platoon of closeted types in the GOP will enjoy that.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Zavala said:

ok, i'll play along.

which fact witnesses were presented by the gop and denied by schiff?  what evidence would they present that would refute the evidence brought forward against trump?

the republicans complained (rightfully so) that there were no witnesses testifying that had first hand/conversational knowledge of the specifics of the withheld aid and the requests/demands the president was making.  the problem is that all the witnesses called that fit this description, defied their subpoenas.  mulvaney, pompeo, bolton, perry, pence, trump.

come back at me with actual answers, not "but obama" and i'll be happy to take you seriously.  it would be a better effort than the republicans have shown during this entire process.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Party_Taco said:

Listening to the circular logic and outright distortions put forth by McCarthy and Scalise is maddening.

Talking about democrats ignoring facts while they twist the truth and allow this criminal to shun long established laws and norms makes me sick.

Fuck all these traitors.

McCarthy, who we've heard recorded in a private meeting saying he thinks the Russians are paying Trump. I guess he's decided that maybe he can get paid too. He's probably right and he'll probably come cheap. 

They are being attacked and slandered by Dems who will twist and use the control over the media to spin whatever shit they want, why would the WH comply?
Remember what 0bomba turned over during the investigation into the fast and furious thing?

Exactly- The Republicans just want to ask “where’s Ali with the muthafucking dope?”

32 minutes ago, Pasken said:

If republicans turn the trial into a farce and only call who Trump wants then it's going to hurt them in the 2020 senate selections. They need to at least look like they are doing their fucking jobs.

this part is interesting to me. 

there's a clear divide right now between mcconnell - who wants a speedy trial and an acquittal.  he wants to make it a quick blip, and go on to make sure it doesn't affect any 2020 election (this is the smart move, btw) - and trump, who wants a long, drawn out, theatrical trial - where he can call (and i guess embarrass?) joe biden, hunter biden, adam schiff, the whistleblower, etc.  he wants to (continue to) make a mockery of the whole process, because he actually believes this will help any election in 2020 (i really hope this happens).

trump is dreaming of relitigating every single gripe he's had in the last 3-4 years in this "impeachment" trial.  he's the only one still fighting to tweak the results of the 2016 election, oddly enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

this part is interesting to me. 

there's a clear divide right now between mcconnell - who wants a speedy trial and an acquittal.  he wants to make it a quick blip, and go on to make sure it doesn't affect any 2020 election (this is the smart move, btw) - and trump, who wants a long, drawn out, theatrical trial - where he can call (and i guess embarrass?) joe biden, hunter biden, adam schiff, the whistleblower, etc.  he wants to (continue to) make a mockery of the whole process, because he actually believes this will help any election in 2020 (i really hope this happens).

trump is dreaming of relitigating every single gripe he's had in the last 3-4 years in this "impeachment" trial.  he's the only one still fighting to tweak the results of the 2016 election, oddly enough.

It will be funny when Trump offers to give his testimony in the Senate and McConnell refuses to let him.  "We got this for you, my king.  You can only fuck it up."

1 minute ago, Loco said:

It's traitor season

Cool.  I've still got all my tags.

[FTR, I'm making a riff on the old Texas hunting season joke, not actually threatening to shoot, tag, and display on my wall a bunch of traitors.  Plus, it would be really hard to get the mount right -- tough to tell their head from their ass.]

McConnell had to have been holding the budget over Pelosi's head back when they met at the end of October. I don't know what bargain they made, but I hope she played her cards well. It's easy to sit and lob criticism from the cheap seats, but I try and remember that I don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

32 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Dude?

If someone had spoken up and was willing to testify and refute even a portion of the sworn testimony, that witness would have been allowed to speak.

But alas, there is no such person.

The facts are no longer in question. We know what happened. So, The GOP defense now has to pivot to "yeah, he did all that, but it is not an impeachable defense".

Unfortunately for them, that case is very weak, because to assert it was not an impeachable defense, they have to show that Trump was motivated by things other than his own personal political gain. That is why you find them (Johnson, Cruz, Kennedy) out over their skis, peddling baseless theories on Burisma, Joe Biden, Crowdstrike, a DNC server, and Ukranian interference in the 2016 Elections.

And then you got 41% of Americans, in which the majority of the Senate are beholden and scared shitless of, who don't even care if Trump purposely withheld Congressionally approved money to a foreign country in an attempt to hurt a political opponent.

GOP leadership knows that shit is wrong, but profiles in courage really aren't the forte of your average US Congressman or Senator.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool.  I've still got all my tags.

[FTR, I'm making a riff on the old Texas hunting season joke, not actually threatening to shoot, tag, and display on my wall a bunch of traitors.  Plus, it would be really hard to get the mount right -- tough to tell their head from their ass.]

ill allow it GIF

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

Good post.  

For all that, it was unwise for Schiff to start barking about bringing the whistleblower forward.  It was entirely predictable that it would bring threats of reprisal to the whistleblower.  That's why we have whistleblower laws that protect them and their anonymity for as long as possible.  He should have realized that and that backing off his loud public pronouncements would be "red meat for the base."

Schiff has been pretty good during these hearings, but he does some inexplicably dumb stuff sometimes.

38 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Ya gonna lose.

most likely, but Trump won't be able to keep his mouth shut the whole time and high likely he'll make the whole situation worst for him and senate repubs. the only hope is he makes it so bad that enough senate repubs turn on him 

trump is his own worst enemy 

44 minutes ago, Zavala said:

T

The judicial branch is the ones between the congress and WH when there's a disagreement, there's 3 branches, let them do their job. 

Either way, the dems are broke, they don't have the money to campaign, they haven't done anything with the majority in congress, so their strategy is to attack Trump to try and get the twitter types all riled up.

It's a horrible mistake, pandering to a twitter audience is not going to win elections. Most people just don't care or are somewhere in the center politically. They tend to be repelled by things, rather than be attracted to things. 

Ya gonna lose.

180322-lewis-biden-tease_rh63j9

They did not allow any witnessess that weren't vetted by Shit. [Any reason these exculpatory witnesses couldn't have found another avenue to right this terrible wrong? As you know, Trump is inhibiting and likely intimidating witnesses; does this strike you as innocent behavior?]

They are being attacked and slandered by Dems who will twist and use the control over the media to spin whatever shit they want, why would the WH comply? [Who has the Reynolds Wrap on their cabeza now? Even if the Dems were as shameless as the Republicans in their treatment of witnesses, are you saying these mythological exculpatory witnesses are too snowflakey to stand up to it? Do they need dimmed lights and soft questions to illicit their delicate truths about the real President Trump? You're not stupid, but maybe you're irony deaf.]

Remember what 0bomba did...? [C'mon]

The judicial branch is the ones between the congress and WH when there's a disagreement, there's 3 branches, let them do their job. [Yay! Of course, it will be difficult with Republicans violating their oaths.]

Either way, the dems are broke, they don't have the money to campaign, they haven't done anything with the majority in congress, so their strategy is to attack Trump to try and get the twitter types all riled up. [Willful lying on your part. You know that Congress has passed over 400 bills, a large majority bi-partisan, that Mitch is sitting on in the senate perhaps to give life to your lie

It's a horrible mistake, pandering to a twitter audience is not going to win elections. Most people just don't care or are somewhere in the center politically. They tend to be repelled by things, rather than be attracted to things. [Blah blah blah]

Ya gonna lose. [If so, the entire country other than about 1% loses. That 1% never loses. It must be an honor serving them.]

Negged for disingenuity and dishonesty. Betraying your country (if this is your country) deserves worse than a neg which I wish for you and your kind. You make yourself my enemy.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

They did not allow any witnessess that weren't vetted by Shit. [Any reason these exculpatory witnesses couldn't have found another avenue to right this terrible wrong? As you know, Trump is inhibiting and likely intimidating witnesses; does this strike you as innocent behavior?]

They are being attacked and slandered by Dems who will twist and use the control over the media to spin whatever shit they want, why would the WH comply? [Who has the Reynolds Wrap on their cabeza now? Even if the Dems were as shameless as the Republicans in their treatment of witnesses, are you saying these mythological exculpatory witnesses are too snowflakey to stand up to it? Do they need dimmed lights and soft questions to illicit their delicate truths about the real President Trump? You're not stupid, but maybe your irony deaf.]

Remember what 0bomba did...? [C'mon]

The judicial branch is the ones between the congress and WH when there's a disagreement, there's 3 branches, let them do their job. [Yay! Of course, it will be difficult with Republicans violating their oaths.]

Either way, the dems are broke, they don't have the money to campaign, they haven't done anything with the majority in congress, so their strategy is to attack Trump to try and get the twitter types all riled up. [Willful lying on your part. You know that Congress has passed over 400 bills, a large majority bi-partisan, that Mitch is sitting on in the senate perhaps to give life to your lie

It's a horrible mistake, pandering to a twitter audience is not going to win elections. Most people just don't care or are somewhere in the center politically. They tend to be repelled by things, rather than be attracted to things. [Blah blah blah]

Ya gonna lose. [If so, the entire country other than about 1% loses. That 1% never loses. It must be an honor serving them.]

Negged for disingenuity and dishonesty. Betraying your country (if this is your country) deserves worse than a neg which I wish for you and your kind. You make yourself my enemy.

Whoa....one at at time. Zavala can only ignore one question at a time.