impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

47 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

How many people died from what Trump did?  What material harm was caused?  That's the point i'm making here.

We aren't impeaching because people died or because people could have died. We are impeaching him because he violated his oath of office and attempted to harm our democracy for his own personal gain. Do you not think that damage to our democracy is material? Do you not think that eroding our constitutional right to choose our government is material? Long term, the damage Trump has caused and has attempted to cause to the foundations of our country is just as if not more material than your attempted misdirection. My point is that your point is stupid and a red herring. T-W-A-T W-A-F-F-L-E. 

Edited by Dahobbs

40 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it's difficult to quantify how many ukrainians may have died because of the hold up of military aid. but i would wager it's more than 1. 

Yeah, but how many did he save when he so generously released the aid? No one ever talks about that! SAD and UNFAIR 

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is that the question you asked?

Dahobbs and I were specifically discussing the charges of impeachment being leveled against Trump, not the actions of his administration more broadly.  I think you understand this.  

• Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Dahobbs and I were specifically discussing the charges of impeachment being leveled against Trump, not the actions of his administration more broadly.  I think you understand this.  

Actually, no, no we weren't. You were bringing up all sorts of shit that had nothing to do with the impeachment charges against Trump (e.g., Afghanistan, people who died as a result of withholding aid). Go fuck yourself. 

11 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

You asked who had he hurt.  Seemed a reasonable answer.  I'm sure you can handwave it away because it isn't directly reflected in the 2 articles of impeachment, you being a boot-lickiing ass-kissing Trumpkin.  You'll regret it, perhaps sooner if not later.

Don Jr, Kush, and Manafort had a secret meeting in Trump Tower with reps from the Russian government to talk about dirt on Hillary Clinton.

Donald Trump was working a secret real estate deal with Kremlin during campaign.

These are two significant events the FBI MISSED! 

GOP to Horowitz:  “How dare the FBI investigate the treachery in the Trump campaign that everyone else noticed!”

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

16 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Sigh - y’all fall for the troll bait every single time.

Fozcko doesn’t actually believe anything he posts - he’s just trying to get any kind of attention because no one will put up with him in the real world.

Which is why I neg and respond. The negging is to get rid of the troll. Responding is to ensure that the uninformed reader need not blindly believe his bullshit. Also, it is fun. 

• Like 2

you guys, foz is right.  they're not in the constitution, but there are unwritten rules about impeachment.

1. you can't impeach a president if there has been a pointless, endless, shooting war in the past 25 years.

2. you can't impeach a president if there's an election within a year or so (judgment call here, but basically you're above the law for 12-15 months before november)

3. you can't impeach a president if the stock market is ~up and black unemployment numbers are ~low.

what am i missing?  i feel like there's a longer list here.

57 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

4. You can't impeach a president if his head is superimposed upon Rocky Balboa's body, because 'murica.

5. You can't impeach a president if the hurricane avoids Alabama.

6. You can't impeach a president if the deal with Greenland is not finalized.

7. You can't impeach a president if there are good people on both sides during a "White Power" rally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

you guys, foz is right.  they're not in the constitution, but there are unwritten rules about impeachment.

1. you can't impeach a president if there has been a pointless, endless, shooting war in the past 25 years.

2. you can't impeach a president if there's an election within a year or so (judgment call here, but basically you're above the law for 12-15 months before november)

3. you can't impeach a president if the stock market is ~up and black unemployment numbers are ~low.

I didn't say any of these things.  I just think this process is silly and will ultimately be pointless as there isn't much evidence that it will have a significant impact on the election.  If the dem's are doing this just to do it and not part of some larger strategy of influencing the election, then why not include the most material crimes of this administration in the impeachment charges?  Why limit it something that no one outside of those who consume politics regularly gives a fuck about?  

Edited by Fozzz
  • Fuck You 2

19 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Yep.

It's occured to me that there's an interesting symmetry happening. 

Trump's fans idolize him because they think he's cut from the same cloth.  But he looks down on them as a bunch of rubes that he can play like a fiddle.

At the same time, Trump idolizes Putin because he thinks they're cut from the same cloth.  But Putin looks down on Trump as a rube that he can play like a fiddle.

It takes a real bastard to use people that way and a real idiot to not be able to tell when it's happening to you.  Putin is the bastard.  Trump's supporters are the idiots.  And Trump is both the bastard and the idiot at the same time.

This is fantastic.

4 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Which is why I neg and respond. The negging is to get rid of the troll. Responding is to ensure that the uninformed reader need not blindly believe his bullshit. Also, it is fun. 

Not for the rest of us. 

Get over this fantasy that you're informing anyone. You're not. You dignify the troll with your response. You help derail the discussion and you just look like an Internet noob getting trolled. 

If someone claims the earth is flat, go ahead and try to explain to them once, twice, maybe even three times why it's not. If they keep insisting it's flat and you keep trying to explain to them why it's not, just so no one thinks the flat-earther is right, everyone can see who the fool is and it's not the flat-earther. He's just a troll, you're his unwitting victim, and the rest of us suffer for it. 

Just neg him and move on. Or put him on ignore like those of us who don't have time to waste on trolls and the stupid shit they say. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

4. You can't impeach a president if his head is superimposed upon Rocky Balboa's body, because 'murica.

5. You can't impeach a president if the hurricane avoids Alabama.

6. You can't impeach a president if the deal with Greenland is not finalized.

7. You can't impeach a president if there are good people on both sides during a "White Power" rally.

also, and this might've been my biggest omission - 

8. you can't impeach a president if you've mentioned his lawlessness in the past, mentioned impeaching him previously (on twitter or in real life), or if people on the other side simply do not like him and think he sucks at his job.

58 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Not for the rest of us. 

Get over this fantasy that you're informing anyone. You're not. You dignify the troll with your response. You help derail the discussion and you just look like an Internet noob getting trolled. 

If someone claims the earth is flat, go ahead and try to explain to them once, twice, maybe even three times why it's not. If they keep insisting it's flat and you keep trying to explain to them why it's not, just so no one thinks the flat-earther is right, everyone can see who the fool is and it's not the flat-earther. He's just a troll, you're his unwitting victim, and the rest of us suffer for it. 

Just neg him and move on. Or put him on ignore like those of us who don't have time to waste on trolls and the stupid shit they say. 

Dont read it then. What do you care? 

22 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Wait, I'm confused. People need to die before we can impeach a President?

If so then impeach away. Ukrainians defending against a Russian invasion while Trump withheld Congressionally authorized aid, our Kurdish allies in Syria suffering ethnic cleansing by the Turks after Trump betrayed and abandoned them, migrant children dying in custody, our Saudi friends butchering a U.S. journalist and conducting a terrorist attack on U.S. soil about which we won't do anything so long as they keep the money flowing, dozens of victims in El Paso gunned down by a white supremacist parroting Trump's hate speech...

The list is long and growing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Dont read it then. What do you care? 

I don't read it. I come and find that a thread has grown by several pages in an afternoon and I wonder which troll is getting fed now. I have to scroll by post after post after post from all the people who think they have to reply to the troll, like they're making a point, or a difference, explaining the obvious to the same closed-minded idiots over and over and over and over and over and over again. For years. You're not informing anyone. You're making it look like the flat earther's nonsense is worthy of a response. I think you should feel that's beneath you. 

Just trying to help. I can only open the door, I can't make you walk through it. 

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

as someone who also occasionally feeds the trolls, i'm torn on this argument.

So am I, that's why I split the baby and do both. Also, responding makes me do some independent research, so in a way I do it for my own edification. 

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

So am I, that's why I split the baby and do both. Also, responding makes me do some independent research, so in a way I do it for my own edification. 

i also like to think depending on what i say, that it shoos them off for a couple of days.

but that's totally dependent on the troll.

I wish just one of these Dems would choose not to read their heartfelt plea to become the next Elijah Cummings and refute the fucking lies of whatever Republican just spoke before them.

Seriously, just wing it.  "Mr. Jordan says no quid pro quo, but he is completely refuted not only by Mick Mulvaney but also by President Trump, later that same day.  Gym Jordan, why are you a serial liar?"

Fuck.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I wish just one of these Dems would choose not to read their heartfelt plea to become the next Elijah Cummings and refute the fucking lies of whatever Republican just spoke before them.

Seriously, just wing it.  "Mr. Jordan says no quid pro quo, but he is completely refuted not only by Mick Mulvaney but also by President Trump, later that same day.  Gym Jordan, why are you a serial liar?"

Fuck.

seriously. fucking hell, man. just hammer the facts and refute the person who just lied. because republicans are just flat out lying. this is no debate. this is just a series of prepared statements

22 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

dems need to stop the whole "i was born a poor child" sob stories and focus on the fucking facts. over and over, and the fact that these fact witnesses were not allowed to fucking testify by the very person under impeachment. 

and the fact that keeping the president's inner-circle fact-witnesses from testifying against the articles of impeachment is an actual article of impeachment. 

they can argue abuse of power all they want, but they've already committed the textbook definition of obstruction of congress.

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

seriously. fucking hell, man. just hammer the facts and refute the person who just lied. because republicans are just flat out lying. this is no debate. this is just a series of prepared statements

well, it is that.  it's supposed to be "opening statements" before they vote.  it's not supposed to be a debate.

but yeah, it's frustrating to watch and i agree with both of you.

that's why i turned it off.