impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Bad analogy.

I fully support exclusion of all evidence obtained by illegal searches and seizures and so should you.

It may seem a technicality, but in this day and age, the government of the US is conducting more and more illegal searches in more and more outrageous ways.  The Fourth Amendment has never been more important.

Agree with all of that.  Illegal search and seizure should be illegal.  And a perjury trap is prosecutorial misconduct.

The analogy is that in both cases, you're defending someone who is definitely guilty.

None of Trump's supporters can say he didn't do anything wrong.  They just don't like that he was caught, or how he was caught.  They have nothing else to grasp at.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Agree with all of that.  Illegal search and seizure should be illegal.  And a perjury trap is prosecutorial misconduct.

The analogy is that in both cases, you're defending someone who is definitely guilty.

None of Trump's supporters can say he didn't do anything wrong.  They just don't like that he was caught, or how he was caught.  They have nothing else to grasp at.

This "perjury trap" is not misconduct, and I'm not sure any of them really are.  Although they can be a bit stinky.  I agree, don't fucking lie to the government, pretty simple.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I agree, don't fucking lie to the government.  

Although I hold degrees from other institutions, I believe one of the wonderful sayings inscribed upon a building located at UT’s lovely campus is:

”Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.”

The truth is hard but the truth is power. 

8 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

I feel like they are just going back and forth and saying the same shit over and over. Vote already! 

This is far from over.  Reps are going to keep adding amendments until they get tired or Nadler shuts it down.  Nadler isn’t shutting it down because the GOP would protest. 

This is far from over.  Reps are going to keep adding amendments until they get tired or Nadler shuts it down.  Nadler isn’t shutting it down because the GOP would protest. 

Will they take a break for the night? Or just keep going and going and going. Republicans hoping they can outlast Democrats.

7 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Lulz.  Listening to the call-ins on C-Span.  I swear I just heard Anastasis call in talking about the IG report and the government spying on us.

C-Span call lines give you a particularly crystal clear view on the divide in country.  I'll give you a pass on trying to lump me in with that shit, because I like you as a poster. But for real. If you are not watching every hearing through C-Span you are missing out during the breaks.  

C-Span call lines give you a particularly crystal clear view on the divide in country.  I'll give you a pass on trying to lump me in with that shit, because I like you as a poster. But for real. If you are not watching every hearing through C-Span you are missing out during the breaks.  

So it was you!

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Reminder that Ratcliffe was almost Director of National Intelligence.

Also that he was a US Attorney (interim) for those who are impressed with that kind of thing (you should not be, for this and multitudes of other reasons).

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Well, except for the fact that Republican bootlickers routinely call in to the Democrat line.

But OK.

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Agreed, nice job by Swalwell.  He is very good at firing bullet points that cannot be refuted.

He is really good at stating facts and driving home the point that the Trumpists are pathological liars, but to borrow from Brisket it means nothing.

The people defending our democracy have the truth on their side. The traiterous cretins who are hell-bent on enriching themselves monetarily, while at the same time destroying what little shred of decency America has left, have the Senate on their side. 

What a wonderful country we live in. 

Today Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore ravens beat the New York jets. And that’s a fact.

If Fox News was in charge of NFL football media they would say the jets actually won. Which would of course be a lie. 

Trump has violated his oath toward the constitution and that is a fact.

Fox news and our resident trolls will argue that he did not and it’s all a deep state conspiracy. That’s a lie. 

There is nothing more destructive than lies. 

There is nothing more destructive than lies. 

There is nothing more destructive than lies. 

Collins whining that the Democrats have the schedule set to resume so they can go on tv in the morning is absolutely hilarious when his lil posse is surrounding him just as they have done so at each and every conclusion of meetings to get their talking points in front of the cameras. 

Who spent a whole lot of wasted minutes for the last round of testimony (during the inquiry) talking about ‘viewers’ watching?

That’s so bush league. 

Well, there it is.

Fuck the coequal branches of government.

Fuck checks and balances.

Fuck the constitution.

I swear to god the next moron - EMAW, slorch, zork, chrispy, etc. - that even tries to spout that the GOP hasn’t been completely co-opted by Trump needs to be shot into the sun.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Well, there it is.

Fuck the coequal branches of government.

Fuck checks and balances.

Fuck the constitution.

I swear to god the next moron - EMAW, slorch, zork, chrispy, etc. - that even tries to spout that the GOP hasn’t been completely co-opted by Trump needs to be shot into the sun.

So the President will be in charge of his own impeachment hearing in the Senate because Mitch McConnell has as much backbone as a jellyfish.  Awesome.

These guys are wiping their asses with the Constitution and half the country is cheering them on.

• Like 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

So the President will be in charge of his own impeachment hearing in the Senate because Mitch McConnell has as much backbone as a jellyfish.  Awesome.

These guys are wiping their asses with the Constitution and half the country is cheering them on.

Unfortunately, the Constitution allows the Senate to handle the trial in any way it sees fit.