impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

They missed an opportunity by not naming Amash, imo. 

I would like to have seen Amash a part of this, the dude has been relentlessly pounding away at Trump shitting on the Constitution, he left the Republican party over this and comes off as the most nonpartisan member of Congress pushing for the impeachment.

4 minutes ago, Zavala said:

holy shit lmao

We'll get to see if America pays attention. If they do, we'll see if they can distinguish between personal attack obfuscation and actual argument.

We'll get to see just how shameless the GOPs can be and how many Americans cheer it.

Should be a real shit show here in the end game of the republic. Schiff is a great man. Let's see what the republic decides about him.

30 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

While that's fun and all, if he were for real, wouldn't they be stopping him?

What do you mean?

I think he's for real, he isn't represented by Trump's former attorney, Dowd, anymore nor Macmahon. He's an American citizen being charged with campaign finance violations and apparently broke. Maybe he figures he'd better cash in while he can? Trump denied knowing him and with all the photographic and other evidence in hand and a big 'so what?' out of the WH, none of it is going to matter anyway. Senate going to run with their majority.

Lev is learning a hard lesson that with Fraud, there are very few Guarantees. That's what the fine print says.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

What do you mean?

I think he's for real, he isn't represented by Trump's former attorney, Dowd, anymore nor Macmahon. He's an American citizen being charged with campaign finance violations and apparently broke. Maybe he figures he'd better cash in while he can? Trump denied knowing him and with all the photographic and other evidence in hand and a big 'so what?' out of the WH, none of it is going to matter anyway. Senate going to run with their majority.

Lev is learning a hard lesson that with Fraud, there are very few Guarantees. That's what the fine print says.

Lev Parnas is an American citizen?

Yes, whether he acts like one or not, he is a naturalized citizen. So is Igor. Igor was born in Belarus while Parnas is from Ukraine. (then a part of USSR). I suppose it might look a little suspicious if Stephen had them deported plus they are both white and European so they have that going for them. When they were nabbed on their way out of the country, the two other guys, Kukushkin and Correia, were also charged with one count each. Correia should probably be examined a little more closely if the investigators want to practice due diligence. He was, as far as others have opined, one of the facilitators when it came to introductions.

Correia partnered with Parnas in Fraud Guarantee and assisted in obscuring the source of the money being shuffled around. He was arrested upon returning from the Middle East.

Maybe one of you all that is more adept at grasping how things work could explain something to me though. So, one of the news blurbs in the Miami Herald back when Parnas and Fruman were arrested was that they were also busy pursuing marijuana licenses in various states. As I mentioned above, Parnas first attorneys were John Dowd and Edward MacMahon. The attorney he is using now, Joseph Bondy, seems to specialize in issues relating to marijuana and cannabis. Weird? Potentially more money laundering?

14 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

but seriously, she cannot be that stupid. is she pandering for votes by engaging in blatant dishonesty? or did she genuinely not know that this stuff was released yesterday for the first time?

Playing both sides for the middle, I expect.

32 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

but seriously, she cannot be that stupid. is she pandering for votes by engaging in blatant dishonesty? or did she genuinely not know that this stuff was released yesterday for the first time?

Never mind that her statement appears to discount new evidence discovered after an indictment but before trial. That’s... that’s not how criminal proceedings work. And no recognition that the White House and State Department could have turned over documents, but she blames the House. What a fucking hack. 

17 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

lol Keep digging moron.

The “We were just funnin’!” defense doesn’t work when your threatening a US ambassador.

I'm so happy now that congressional candidates can call sitting congressmen turds in a public forum.

Thanks a lot Donald.  You fucking child.

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

Parnas is going to be on Rachel maddow show tonight. Not sure if this will add more pressure for witnesses or not. Could be why Trump tweeted that weird thing this afternoon.

I'll check it out but I'm keeping my expectations low. Im not holding my breath in hope of anything earth shattering coming from that interview. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

We already knew that. 

it could be the main reason republicans are acting the fool. they know pence is in on it and therefore president pelosi. 

god we live on weird times. pence could easily resign and some cleaner dude come in a la agnew. but whatever. 

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it could be the main reason republicans are acting the fool. they know pence is in on it and therefore president pelosi. 

god we live on weird times. pence could easily resign and some cleaner dude come in a la agnew. but whatever. 

At this point, who in the GOP is clean?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

The republic is toast if the Senate doesn't act on this new information.

President, VP, State and Attorney General are all tied into this.

Well, we would've acted on it if the House had released this information earlier. I mean why are their investigators so bad at their job. Oh well, whatever you need Donald. We cower beneath your massive cheeseburger fed shadow.