impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Nunes was giving jordan quite the side eye when he kept interrupting Holmes. Wheels are coming off the right side of the bus

The Republican fear and desperation today has been awesome.    Gym Jordan was acting like a petulant child not getting the answer he wanted.  Even my toddler knows when to shut up and let the adults talk.

2 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Jom Jordan, Hitler and bin Laden I would shoot Jim twice

Well, the other two are dead, so...

edit: I'm too slow for this board. 

Edited by Tuco

28 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There is a very strong correlation between those types, the Qanons, the chemtrails freaks, the Alex Jones fans, etc.

There's a reason why so many Republicans so love to buy into conspiracy theories and hoaxes.  I suppose age plays a part, but the Qanon crowd seems younger.

That certainly WASN'T the Republican Party I grew up with.  How it devolved into what it has become is shocking.

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

Question...

Isn't simply asking a foreign gov't to investigate a political rival a crime and impeachable offense? We keep focusing on the quid pro quo part but isn't the transcript enough or is that not considered a "high crime"?

It is enough and is a high crime.  But  the impeachment clause says the president should be removed for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."  Plenty of debates about what constitutes a "high crime."  Bribery, though, is obvious grounds for removal.  At least for anyone who's not a corrupt piece of shit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Its all laid out in the Geneva conventions.  

That would be Geneva, Ohio, so Gym will be sure and make a placard for that. 

One of the Democrats—come on this is low hanging fruit here: bring up the circle around Giulliani and ask them if they have met Parnas et al. Parnas is a citizen. Ask them an open ended question referencing whether they had seen, heard anything prior to the domestic channel being recognized.

3 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Question...

Isn't simply asking a foreign gov't to investigate a political rival a crime and impeachable offense? We keep focusing on the quid pro quo part but isn't the transcript enough or is that not considered a "high crime"?

Yes, but for the average voter proving quid pro quo gives it more legitimacy so better to get it if you can. 

• Like 1