impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Turley looks like he just vomited.

that's because he knows what he is.

it's like these guys have forgotten that history can be an unkind bitch. this is all on the record, and they know it. imagine, if you will, what they do and say behind closed doors or when nobody is watching.

jesus.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it's so bizarre how the republicans have sold their souls. i'm saying this knowing that i guess it happened a long time ago, but it's so brazenly out in front now, it's like they are actually fearful their day is done, and it might well be.

I feel like it's always been the case, it's just that they used to be smarter about hiding it. 

Now, with the great dumbing down of America, even the evil minds are dumb. 

• Like 1

Just now, TornACL said:

I feel like it's always been the case, it's just that they used to be smarter about hiding it. 

Now, with the great dumbing down of America, even the evil minds are dumb. 

maybe it is because they saw the dumbest president that ever dumbed managed to get elected, so they've thrown in their lot with his anger, rage, and insults.

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it's like these guys have forgotten that history can be an unkind bitch. this is all on the record, and they know it. imagine, if you will, what they do and say behind closed doors or when nobody is watching.

jesus.

I'm sure most of what they say behind closed doors is meant to assuage their guilt. A bunch of bullshit about how they hate having to do what they're doing right now, but it's for the greater good, blah blah. A bunch of rationalization and delusion. Meant not for the audience they're speaking to, but for themselves to hear. 

3 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

Going on a 5 minute recess. 

First two up after the restart will be Andy Biggs and Ted Lieu. 

I'm still waiting for one of the Dems to fry Turley over his comments during the Clinton impeachment debate. 

My hope is that will be their closer to taint his entire day. If they use it now a Rep will use his 5 minutes to rehash all their “no one heard the president say it” line of bullets.

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

My hope is that will be their closer to taint his entire day. If they use it now a Rep will use his 5 minutes to rehash all their “no one heard the president say it” line of bullets.

i would bet that ted lieu is their closer for that line of questions.

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

maybe it is because they saw the dumbest president that ever dumbed managed to get elected, so they've thrown in their lot with his anger, rage, and insults.

I think their biggest problem is that they have to act this stupid for Trump to understand they're still on his team.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Biggs going in big with the accusation that the witness panel came in with preconceived notions of impeachable offenses.  Uh, that covers Turley too, you twat.

i think the democrats could have brought in more centrist witnesses, but it does not change the facts in the report yesterday.

1 minute ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Turley, I'd like to know how Trump isn't allowed to advance any defenses when he's allowed to attend in person or through counsel, and he is the the one preventing anyone who MIGHT have exculpatory evidence from testifying. 

so, the democrats have really missed the bus with turley on this front. "you wish to see more evidence. would you like to see this document?" yes "has the white house obstructed us from accessing that document?" boom, you've got him. over and over again, with the documents withheld, and with the witnesses blocked from testifying.

40 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

jesus.

Republican House Majority Leader McCarthy: “There's two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump.”

[laughter]

McCarthy: "Swear to God."

Republican Speaker of the House Ryan: “No leaks...This is how we know we're a real family here.”

• Like 2