impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

9 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Every time I wonder how fucking stupid the GOP is I remember who their constituents are. 

They already believe this is a Machiavellian plot by the Democrats and the liberals who run the WSJ.  Never mind the Democrats had absolutely nothing to do with this and just weeks ago were running an abortion of a hearing with Corey Lewendowski.

10 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They already believe this is a Machiavellian plot by the Democrats and the liberals who run the WSJ.  Never mind the Democrats had absolutely nothing to do with this and just weeks ago were running an abortion of a hearing with Corey Lewendowski.

that was literally one week ago.

we're basically running things in dog years now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

interesting to announce today, before the transcript comes out.  the gop was not expecting that, what with all their pre-prepared talking points for tonight/tomorrow about what a nothing-burger the transcript would be.  now it should be obvious that this isn't just about that.

also loving the idiot republicans storming the tv/internet with, "oh please, they've been trying to impeach this president since before he was sworn in."

dynamite comeback, full of fact and reason.

The news with Lester Holt states it's a political gamble by Democrats because impeachment could benefit the president followed by Chuck Todd stating will the trial go on around the Iowa caucuses.  It's all bullshit.  Don't care about the ramifications--crimes occurred.

if the dems were smart, they would start the narrative tonight that this isn't just about the ukraine/biden conversation.

they need to get the public familiar with the emoluments clause, along with 2-3 other talking points.

because tomorrow when the transcript comes out (in whatever shape it's in), the gop will be tripping over themselves saying it's not worthy of impeachment.  of course the republicans all think impeachment is triggered by some specific incident, and certain cases make you exempt.  trump still thinks you can't impeach a president when the economy is going so well, and job numbers are good, so who the f knows.

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh what I wouldn’t give for Nancy to have taped that phone call.

"hey nanc, can we do something about this whistleblower situation?  i think maybe just slip his name to mitch, you know, just so we can make sure nothing bad happens to him.  ok, byeeee."

26 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Can someone explain to me how impeachment efforts will guarantee Trump being reelected?  It’s all over the comments on FN, Reddit and occasionally here...I legit want someone from that line of thinking to explain the rationale here. 

Last I checked impeaching Clinton over a blowjob didn’t stop the GOP from winning the presidency right after. 

That guy that predicts presidential elections with his system and has been accurate for the past like million elections, says that an impeachment is important to be opened to give the democrats a better chance at winning. Because how it stands now, he’s predicting a trump reelection. An impeachment is vital to the democrats’ hope to win. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

every republican from trump on down uses "democrat" as an adjective and it really hits my ears wrong.

i assume this is intentional?

Apparently, it has a much longer history than I had realized. Previously, I had thought it was an invention by Frank Luntz during the W years from an old article I'd read somewhere (he does get a mention though).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)?wprov=sfla1

14 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

every republican from trump on down uses "democrat" as an adjective and it really hits my ears wrong.

i assume this is intentional?

It’s international, Rush was doing it n the early 90s.    I actually had a coworker.....far right winger, foxnews worshiper, challenge me that “ Democrat Party” was the correct way to say it .  That’s the only way he was used to hearing it.  Brainwashed. 

6 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

That guy that predicts presidential elections with his system and has been accurate for the past like million elections, says that an impeachment is important to be opened to give the democrats a better chance at winning. Because how it stands now, he’s predicting a trump reelection. An impeachment is vital to the democrats’ hope to win. 

d9liH4X.jpg

3 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Fuck Nancy.  The House should absolutely vote to impeach.  The Senate is going to tell the House and us to go fuck ourselves.  What are we going to do about it in the end though?  We can't do fuck all about the Kentucky electorate.  90% of the GOP Senators are going to be reelected.  Brisket is right.  The nation is not savable because there is nothing that can stop the minority party from being as shitty as it wants to be while maintaining control of the Senate. 

This is really just the beginning.  After President Warren or whoever is elected, Moscow Mitch will refuse to confirm any judicial appointments starting on day 1.  He'll also refuse to vote on any House passed healthcare or tax reform bills.

Yeah, so can we please talk about splitting the US into aligned smaller nations like the EU? Let the south do south things and let us fruity libruls have our crazy environmental protections and brown kids running free instead of in cages. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Apparently, it has a much longer history than I had realized. Previously, I had thought it was an invention by Frank Luntz during the W years from an old article I'd read somewhere (he does get a mention though).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)?wprov=sfla1

crazy, i hadn't really noticed it until trump was saying it.  he doesn't just say "democrat party" either.  "democrat debate" is something he's used several times when referring to what he's not going to watch.  weird that people are using something as an insult, but while they're using it, it sounds like they don't know how to speak english correctly.  even with trump's creative grammar choices, this stood out.

50 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yeah, so can we please talk about splitting the US into aligned smaller nations like the EU? Let the south do south things and let us fruity libruls have our crazy environmental protections and brown kids running free instead of in cages. 

I'm already down for it actually. And I'd even prefer a breakup over Senate or EC reform. We can do a lot more for civil rights in the South through external pressure and sanctions. Instead, as it is, we let them fuck up civil rights nationwide. 

We may need Trump to win 2020 to do it though because some state needs to nut up and be the first to want out.  The things he is trying against CA aren't sustainable. Eventually they'll file for secession if it goes to far and it seems like the disenfranchisement of large population states is never going to reverse. The northeast will follow suit. Nobody will do shit about it either. The south will remember it never wanted to be part of America in the first place. 

Texas will be pretty crazy in the short term after a breakup, but cooler and more liberal heads will prevail, and Texas would be in a position to bank as an intermediate nation between a new NAU and Mexico. 

An EU style union with the Northeast, Canada, and the West Coast would be an economic dynamo and would allow coastal US cities to finally join Canadian and European cities in quality of life ratings. You could pay for the entire desired welfare state with the money those states bleed to red states alone. Not to mention the savings on military spending. Nobody is going to attack shit since everyone will have MAD.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Can someone explain to me how impeachment efforts will guarantee Trump being reelected?  It’s all over the comments on FN, Reddit and occasionally here...I legit want someone from that line of thinking to explain the rationale here. 

It's about drawing sympathy from Independents while driving up anger from the right to show up to the polls in mass because they feel slighted.  It's total bs.  Taking away rights and healthcare from the Independents should incur the wrath of Independents which can be explained really easily since the right has been threatening it for awhile.  Add to it that Republicans have been wanting to mess with social security and it should be a real easy sell for the Dems.  But don't expect a fair fight.  

Edited by Mdhorn

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Russia's wet dream

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, B00M said:

Russia's wet dream

Maybe, but Russia will still lose because it's what they do. All their policy is based around bringing others down rather than bringing Russia up. The southern states do the same internally. Neither are necessary to expand economic and social advancement globally. They are really just economic and social hindrances and have no desire to be anything more than that. You really think Russia is going to jump in and fill a trade gap with the EU, China, or Japan?  The west and east coasts will just pick up where the US left off. Russia has nothing to offer anyone. 

In a decade after a breakup, LA, MS, and AL would be the economic equivalent of Haiti.  I'm not sure why we keep letting them shit in our Cheerios. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 4