American deaths in the Dominican Republic

Pancho

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Senior trip to Dominican Republic descends into disaster after group falls ill

https://nypost.com/2019/06/17/senior-trip-to-dominican-republic-descends-into-disaster-after-group-falls-ill/

They are from Oklahoma.....    Just sayin.   

Ha! So were the parrotheads.

17 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Well yeah, in the contract it was described as maid service. She's probably in her 60's now unless he renegotiated.

I had visions  of the Soylent Green type arrangement Heston had with his "girl friend".  He has the place, and a mistress for hire, and when she's too old, it's time for a younger model.

21 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I had visions  of the Soylent Green type arrangement Heston had with his "girl friend".  He has the place, and a mistress for hire, and when she's too old, it's time for a younger model.

They're substituting poison for booze, not sure I'd want one of their replacement whores.

There are 9 countries where more Americans died visiting (not of natural causes) then DR, one is Canada and Mexico leads by far..  But when the media runs with a story and everyone ever ill or attacked in that country comes out to tell their story, you get this.  

Edited by Hook1997

There are 9 countries where more Americans died visiting (not of natural causes) then DR, one is Canada and Mexico leads by far..  But when the media runs with a story and everyone ever ill or attacked in that country comes out to tell their story, you get this.  

Nice stat. 14.3 million US citizens visited Canada in 2017. DR saw 2 million.
  • Like 2

I saw 3 million and I was just using that as a it’s Canada example...   Vietnam, Costa Rica, Japan, Philippines and Honduras all have higher deaths and DR isn’t even above the amount of American deaths they average yearly right now.  It’s a bit of media overhype at this point is all I’m saying and we are hearing about every death from the last 10 years in the news every day.  

Edited by Hook1997

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I saw 3 million and I was just using that as a it’s Canada example...   Vietnam, Costa Rica, Japan, Philippines and Honduras all have higher deaths and DR isn’t even above the amount of American deaths they average yearly right now.  It’s a bit of media overhype at this point is all I’m saying and we are hearing about every death from the last 10 years in the news every day.  

Also it's looking like 90% of these reports are coming from about 2 or 3 specific resorts. Hard Rock I'm looking at you. 

The upside is that you can probably get some damn good deals out of this. 

I'm sure more Americans drop dead in a McDonald's in the US in one year than have died in the DR in all of history.  That's why I don't ever eat at McDonald's.  I bet McDonald's is paying of the media to keep that fact out of the news.  I'm thinking of going back to the DR just because of all this hype.

4 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

But were  most of those Americans going to those countries and coming back dead on vacation?  Or are they expats living in those countries full time or what is considered full time?  

15 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

But were  most of those Americans going to those countries and coming back dead on vacation?  Or are they expats living in those countries full time or what is considered full time?  

Visiting, not long term expects.

Edited by Hook1997

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Visiting, not long term expects.

I understand your point of the increased visibility, and it's valid, but the nature of the deaths and the concentrated location have to give you pause.

If it were a nothing-burger, the FBI wouldn't be down there investigating.  Or so I assume...

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'm sure more Americans drop dead in a McDonald's in the US in one year than have died in the DR in all of history.  That's why I don't ever eat at McDonald's.  I bet McDonald's is paying of the media to keep that fact out of the news.  I'm thinking of going back to the DR just because of all this hype.

Bet ya did't hear about this one, either...

Three hurt after car crashes into McDonald's in South Austin https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/three-hurt-after-car-crashes-into-mcdonalds-in-south-austin

If they were diluting the bottles with bad shit, wouldn't there be more than 20 deaths? Wouldn't there have been widespread reports of severe illnesses just short of death? There's obviously something going on but the types of things being discussed appear to me that they would cause more widespread problems. Also, is there any indication that only  Americans are dying or are non-American deaths just not making the American media? My best guess is thieves who target Americans (maybe others) by spiking their drinks and robbing their rooms or pockets when they pass out, and every now and then they put too much in there or use a drug that isn't what they thought (much more potent or a different type of poison).

Edited by 'stache

On 6/22/2019 at 5:40 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Farewell and adieu to you fine Spanish lay-dies.... farewell and adieu to you lay-dies of Spain.........

On 6/22/2019 at 12:35 PM, Hook1997 said:

But all of the deaths in the DR are considered natural causes as of now, right? Apples to oranges

Probably not the best quote. 

Amid the growing number of incidents, Dominican officials have attempted to quell fears over their country's safety. In an interview with Fox News, Ministry of Public Health spokesman Carlos Suero dismissed any concerns as "fake news." 

"People die all over the world," he said. "Unfortunately, very unfortunately for us, these tourists have died here. We had about 14 deaths last year here of U.S. tourists, and no one said a word. Now everyone is making a big deal of these."

18 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Ha!!!

"Look people, this isn't news. Fuckers been dying here for years." - Worst PR Ever

yeah, i think the thing is that this is part of a scam, and the perps are screwing it up and accidentally killing people. i think they are doing the mexico bit, and trying to drug people to rob them or assault them sexually.

29 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, i think the thing is that this is part of a scam, and the perps are screwing it up and accidentally killing people. i think they are doing the mexico bit, and trying to drug people to rob them or assault them sexually.

Were the victims in possession of all their organs?