Elizabeth Warren 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So wtf happened here?  Is her support so diffuse that it's not showing up in these two states?  

Did she lose it all by pandering/being inauthentic?

I'm pretty astounded by it, to be honest.  I'm hoping Super Tuesday will show me something different, but I'm pretty sad that it appears the electorate would rather go with broad platitudes and vague generalities than actual plans and thoughtful ideas.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm pretty astounded by it, to be honest.  I'm hoping Super Tuesday will show me something different, but I'm pretty sad that it appears the electorate would rather go with broad platitudes and vague generalities than actual plans and thoughtful ideas.

Warren is the President we need, but not the one we deserve.  We deserve the orange shitpile currently in office because the people of this country as a whole are worthless and weak.

Now drop and give me twenty.

32 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

#PresidentWarren reached as high as #3 yesterday on the twitterverse. Hang in there, Liz!

Warren supporters send #PresidentWarren soaring on Twitter

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2020/2/17/1919920/-Warren-supporters-send-PresidentWarren-soaring-on-Twitter

It’s been a wild two weeks in the Democratic primary cycle. Elizabeth Warren, still third in the delegate count has been ignored by traditional media outlets who seem to want the kind of policy discourse that only candidates like Amy Klobuchar and Joe Biden … or 0 primary results Michael Bloomberg can bring. I guess? Anyways, on Monday, while school children celebrated President’s Day around the country, online #PresidentWarren began to trend, because if CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, and CBS are going to pretend she isn’t still an important and viable candidate, the interwebs is going to do its darndest to remind them that she has policies that can be discussed. Actual policies.

• Like 2

We'll see where things stand after NV, SC, and especially Super Tuesday. Polls have consistently shown her as having vey high favorables and is the leading second choice (oxymoron?) for supporters of most of the candidates.

If we continue to see this Democratic primary trend towards no one getting a majority, she's probably better positioned than anyone to be the compromise candidate.

38 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

We'll see where things stand after NV, SC, and especially Super Tuesday. Polls have consistently shown her as having vey high favorables and is the leading second choice (oxymoron?) for supporters of most of the candidates.

If we continue to see this Democratic primary trend towards no one getting a majority, she's probably better positioned than anyone to be the compromise candidate.

bd4d8efd-967e-400e-b9db-dc1372296280_tex

48 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Wife and I went through all the candidates to decide who to vote for in the primary. We both like warren the best but aren’t about throwing our votes away. We ended up deciding to just roll with her and hope things somehow turn around. It’s a long shot but this race has been schizophrenic so far. 

It's not throwing your vote away in a primary.  Vote for who you think is the best candidate.  If you lose, welp, you got outnumbered.  Voting for third party in the general is throwing your vote away.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Wife and I went through all the candidates to decide who to vote for in the primary. We both like warren the best but aren’t about throwing our votes away. We ended up deciding to just roll with her and hope things somehow turn around. It’s a long shot but this race has been schizophrenic so far. 

It is not a wasted vote. Even if she doesn't prevail, your vote sends a statement that Warren voters are engaged in the election and deserve a seat at the table when going after Trump. 

The progressives should have never split. That was a political miscalculation. But it is water under the bridge. Please stay engaged. 

The Wall Street Journal Excluded Elizabeth Warren From a Poll...Because They Wanted To?

"On Tuesday night, Senator Professor Warren was the victim of one of the the most egregious offenses ever committed by a major news organization. In conjunction with the Wall Street Journal, the fine hand of which I suspect was involved in what follows, NBC News released its latest polling data. The general overall numbers were pretty much as expected, except Bernie Sanders’s lead had grown. Joe Biden, Mike Bloomberg, Pete Buttigieg, and SPW were in a virtual dead-heat for second. National polling in a primary campaign can be dismissed as largely irrelevant, but the railbirds among political journalists make a big deal out of them, so we talk about them like they really mean something. However, it was elsewhere in the polling where the real malignant mischief was done.

[...]

The poll, from NBC and the Wall Street Journal, found Warren was effectively tied for second place nationally, with 14% of the vote. But pollsters excluded her from a series of match-ups between Trump and top candidates. The poll include Pete Buttigieg, Joe Biden, and Mike Bloomberg, who all polled within a point of Warren, and Amy Klobuchar, who trailed significantly behind them. Peter Hart, whose firm conducted the poll, told BuzzFeed News that the poll had “space and time” for just five candidate match-ups.

cont."

As mentioned above, it's not throwing away your votes in the primaries.  If it's a brokered convention, you want your candidate to be in the discussion.  Warren is right there, so vote for her now, and for whomever the eventual nominee is later.

I fully expect some surprises, especially from Bloomberg camp.  They are calculating and sophisticated.  I saw something a day or so ago about Bloomberg's oppo book on Sanders and that they're sitting on some searing stuff, with the word "disqualifying" being used.  He didn't spill it yet, so who knows.  Having more than one horse is completely fine, if not protective right now.

5 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

The Wall Street Journal Excluded Elizabeth Warren From a Poll...Because They Wanted To?

"On Tuesday night, Senator Professor Warren was the victim of one of the the most egregious offenses ever committed by a major news organization. In conjunction with the Wall Street Journal, the fine hand of which I suspect was involved in what follows, NBC News released its latest polling data. The general overall numbers were pretty much as expected, except Bernie Sanders’s lead had grown. Joe Biden, Mike Bloomberg, Pete Buttigieg, and SPW were in a virtual dead-heat for second. National polling in a primary campaign can be dismissed as largely irrelevant, but the railbirds among political journalists make a big deal out of them, so we talk about them like they really mean something. However, it was elsewhere in the polling where the real malignant mischief was done.

[...]

The poll, from NBC and the Wall Street Journal, found Warren was effectively tied for second place nationally, with 14% of the vote. But pollsters excluded her from a series of match-ups between Trump and top candidates. The poll include Pete Buttigieg, Joe Biden, and Mike Bloomberg, who all polled within a point of Warren, and Amy Klobuchar, who trailed significantly behind them. Peter Hart, whose firm conducted the poll, told BuzzFeed News that the poll had “space and time” for just five candidate match-ups.

cont."

As mentioned above, it's not throwing away your votes in the primaries.  If it's a brokered convention, you want your candidate to be in the discussion.  Warren is right there, so vote for her now, and for whomever the eventual nominee is later.

I fully expect some surprises, especially from Bloomberg camp.  They are calculating and sophisticated.  I saw something a day or so ago about Bloomberg's oppo book on Sanders and that they're sitting on some searing stuff, with the word "disqualifying" being used.  He didn't spill it yet, so who knows.  Having more than one horse is completely fine, if not protective right now.

58f1c6e5-e6f3-4f4f-b662-5145d0621f6f_tex

I am going to summon up as much good vibes mojo as I can for the debate tonight. When my husband is watching his football team (which has fallen from its former glory), every once in a while he stops me as I'm passing through the room so I can start the 'turnover chant.' It has worked in the most dire of situations, so we'll see. I found a media blurb that said she'd been suffering from a headcold and lost her voice, but was recovering. That may help her in a way--a husky voice is less shrill and for some viewers, that is an issue. It's such a superficial thing, but that's the way it goes.

• Like 1

The media "erasure" of a candidate is a very common complaint, especially for campaigns that are faltering or about to end. Beto people complained about it, Kamala people complained about it, Yang people complained about it, Castro people complained about it, etc. 

Peteheads bitch about the media. And Bernie people. Everyone can probably argue valid points, because, well, the media generally sucks. 

Warren might have a comeback in her. We'll see. But her polling numbers have been steadily declining for a while. She didn't make much noise at the last debate. I think her comms team has failed her a bit, and it doesn't help that her message is all over the place right now. She had a horrific showing in NH, let's be honest. She's not making news because there hasn't been much good news to report. 

That could change and I'm not counting her out yet. I think tonight's debate is really big for her. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The media "erasure" of a candidate is a very common complaint, especially for campaigns that are faltering or about to end. Beto people complained about it, Kamala people complained about it, Yang people complained about it, Castro people complained about it, etc. 

Peteheads bitch about the media. And Bernie people. Everyone can probably argue valid points, because, well, the media generally sucks.

I agree, the media is going to do what they do, biases and all, and Sanders, Harris, et al and especially Yang got ignored in the early days partly because the laser focus on Biden/Burisma/Impeachment seemed to be the meat and potatoes for most of the writers.

Bloomberg is bringing them readers and $$ and a Sanders v Bloomberg fight brings them more $$. But Warren imo is a kind and decent person who has respect for the office and respect for the people she helps.

9 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

I’m back. She’s the best candidate in the race and she will get the two votes from this house.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I am going to summon up as much good vibes mojo as I can for the debate tonight. When my husband is watching his football team (which has fallen from its former glory), every once in a while he stops me as I'm passing through the room so I can start the 'turnover chant.' It has worked in the most dire of situations, so we'll see. I found a media blurb that said she'd been suffering from a headcold and lost her voice, but was recovering. That may help her in a way--a husky voice is less shrill and for some viewers, that is an issue. It's such a superficial thing, but that's the way it goes.

So, I'm gonna need this turnover chant on September 12 and October 10.

10 hours ago, bonnieblue said:

Pretty good article. I've already mentally conceded her loss, but hope that she lights up Bloomberg's ass tonight on her way out.

angela bassett revenge GIF

Well, that ended up prophetic.

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

She scalped a man on live TV tonight.   They should have had a mature rating for tonight’s debate.  

If she doesn't win the nomination (and she's my candidate, for the record), I'd like to see the nominee tag out five minutes into a debate with Drumpf and bring her in to perform a ritual linguistic killing. 

Edited by NWBuck
  • Like 4