Elizabeth Warren 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

I don't understand this person's tweet. Warren endorsed Markey in August:

Sen. Elizabeth Warren is throwing her "full support" behind her "great partner in the United States Senate, Ed Markey."

In a 90-second YouTube video, Warren called her fellow Democratic senator a "true progressive," saying Massachusetts needs Markey in the Senate "now more than ever." Warren's endorsement comes amid reports that Congressman Joe Kennedy III is considering a primary challenge against Markey in 2020.

Warren cited Markey's work on climate change, universal health care, addressing the nation's opioid epidemic and strengthening national gun laws.

"On the big issues facing Massachusetts, Ed is our greatest champion in the Senate," Warren said. WBUR interview

Seven months later, Kennedy officially announced that he was kicking off a new candidacy of his own, and running in a Democratic primary to unseat Markey — who Warren had already endorsed.

Still, Kennedy said in an interview with The Crimson last week that he is not disappointed Warren endorsed Markey.

“She had endorsed Senator Markey months before I got in this race and I’m not going to speculate as to what she would have done if the timing was different or if I jumped in the race,” Kennedy said. “I’m grateful for the relationship that I have with her and I’m grateful for her commitment to our state and I’m proud of the race that she’s running for president.”

Warren’s endorsement of Markey came just two days after the New York Times reported in August that Kennedy was considering challenging Markey in the Senate election. Kennedy entered the race roughly a month later, in late September.---Crimson, 2/3/2020

Nah, but Twitter is a rabbit hole and sometimes I've asked on here before about certain accounts because they can fool you. It rang a bell plus, I'm not sure Warren endorses at a particularly high rate, but she does (like Sanders et al) do some stumping for her colleagues. I like when the candidates help each other out. Pretty hard to knock on every door.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 10:09 PM, NWBuck said:

Someday I'll forgive the ignorant mofos who voted for anyone other than her during the primaries. 

But that day is not gonna be anytime soon. 

^^^^^^^^^ Seriously.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/4/6/21207338/elizabeth-warren-coronavirus-covid-19-recession-depression-presidency-trump

In January, Sen. Elizabeth Warren was the first presidential candidate to release a plan for combating coronavirus. In March, she released a second plan. Days later, with the scale of economic damage increasing, she released a third. Warren’s proposals track the spread of the virus: from a problem happening elsewhere and demanding a surge in global health resources and domestic preparation to a pandemic happening here, demanding not just a public health response but an all-out effort to save the US economy.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Compare Warren to that insider trader Kelly Loeffler and see who would make a better President for the people.

Oh I think I heard about her.  She's the Kelly Loeffler that is an inside trader and also one of the senators for Georgia right?  Yeah, that sounds about right.  Senator Kelly Loeffler, inside trader.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Elizabeth Warren Twitter knock on cops angers police chiefs

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/08/13/elizabeth-warrens-latest-reckless-knock-on-cops-angers-police-chiefs/

Massachusetts police chiefs are blasting U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren for the second time in a year over “reckless” comments about law enforcement in what they call “another slap in the face” that endangers cops — and now threatens to tarnish her rising presidential campaign.

The Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association wrote to Warren Tuesday saying her Friday tweet that black teen Michael Brown of Ferguson, Mo., was  “murdered by a white police officer” is “appalling.”

The 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful — who is now polling in second and third place in the primary race — is putting officers’ lives in danger with her campaign-trail rhetoric, the chiefs say. Last summer, the group criticized her after she accused the entire justice system of being “racist … front to back.”

PUBLISHED: August 13, 2019

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s funny how she is always LEADING.

Loved the photos of her on the ground and getting arrested in civil rights marches back in the 60’s. 

43 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

In case we forget:

Taking down Bloomberg and her work in 2008 to reform the banks is Warren at her finest. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

If you're wondering whether your representatives in Congress support a federal ban on facial recognition, you can check out a score sheet put together by a coalition of privacy advocates.  

https://www.banfacialrecognition.com/scoreboard/

On Wednesday, the Ban Facial Recognition group launched its Congressional Scoreboard for keeping track of lawmakers who have and haven't endorsed the Facial Recognition and Biometric Technology Moratorium Act. 

• Hook 'Em 1