Elizabeth Warren 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The problem is that the Republicans aren't concerned with facts and evidence. They create their own reality. Karl Rove said as much and Trump is the poster child for the practice. They're the party of "alternative facts." They will simply dismiss the results of the test as false and their base will fall in line. 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They don’t believe science. So it’s fake 

They are incapable of admitting fault because...

284FF564-D2A9-496D-8ABE-F751C26EA561_zps

Obama is still a native Kenyan even though he produced a birth certificate.

Beto O'Rourke is still pandering for Latino votes even though there is proof he's had that nickname since he was a small child.

There is a zero percent chance Trump or Republicans drop the Pocahontas shtick.  There's no interest in truth there.

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

I think y’all are missing the point here  

So my DNA test showed I’m 0.3% Sub Saharan African. 1/300. Do I get to claim any minority privilege now? 

Did your grandmother tell you you were 1/300 Sub Saharan?

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I think y’all are missing the point here  

So my DNA test showed I’m 0.3% Sub Saharan African. 1/300. Do I get to claim any minority privilege now? 

You're missing the point that she's never received any privilege from claiming she has some Native American heritage.  And you also seem to have glossed over the part where her Native lineage lines up exactly where she thought it was.

1 minute ago, Tom said:

You're missing the point that she's never received any privilege from claiming she has some Native American heritage.  And you also seem to have glossed over the part where her Native lineage lines up exactly where she thought it was.

IIRC it was listed by Harvard as a feather in their cap to have that listed. It lines up?  It said somewhere between 6-10 generations ago.  Wide range. 

5 minutes ago, RPM said:

Did your grandmother tell you you were 1/300 Sub Saharan?

No, but I’m gonna do some digging, thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

You're missing the point that she's never received any privilege from claiming she has some Native American heritage. 

In other words, she's a lousy liar.

I can't vote for any politician who isn't a good liar.  They're all one or the other.

Anyway, if all the Dems can muster up in 2020 is this old lying, shrill-voiced hen, they deserved to get buried - again.  For the love of god, get someone who actually is a good candidate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I hope they keep up with the Pocahontas thing.  Anyone that thinks that's a real issue for her isn't going to vote for her anyway, and it also means they have nothing of substance to attack her on.

I agree with Ian Bremmer, the globalist establishment liberal. 

7 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

I can't vote for any politician who isn't a good liar.  They're all one or the other.

Anyway, if all the Dems can muster up in 2020 is this old lying, shrill-voiced hen, they deserved to get buried - again.  For the love of god, get someone who actually is a good candidate.

Impossible since there is no Democratic candidate that you would consider "good."

How is she a liar?

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

Impossible since there is no Democratic candidate that you would consider "good."

How is she a liar?

"shrill voiced"

Might as well just admit he will never vote for a woman.  Can't stand being "lectured" by a "shrill-voiced" bitch

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Republicans: "We found one little thing about Elizabeth Warren we'll run into the ground, and claim the high road. Yeah, you might think a small issue like this deserves a free pass, but we have standards when it comes to Democratic candidates."

Also Republicans: "Yes, I will vote for the Arby's cup of diarrhea again in 2020. MAGA."

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Tom said:

I hope they keep up with the Pocahontas thing.  Anyone that thinks that's a real issue for her isn't going to vote for her anyway, and it also means they have nothing of substance to attack her on.

They will keep it up.  They are tone-deaf when it comes to women and minorities, and they reinforce it on a daily basis. 

51 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

God, inject this "both sides equally bad" right into my veins.

Like how much of a choad do you have to be in order to believe knuckle-dragger right wing talking points that claim she's a liar and therefore you wouldn't vote for her? Oh wait, you're just being disingenuous because you would never vote for a Democrat, much less a female Democrat candidate who doesn't listen to being told to shut up.

Edited by GSU&UT

9 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Warren has no shot, imo. She comes across as too shrill and whiny. Moreso than HRC. 

Maybe VP material. 

Weird how women are always the ones described as "shrill and whiny". 

Trump has the vocabulary and temperament of a 8 year old but according to Rs "he talks like me.".  

Just fucking burn it all down. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

You're right, it's not weird. It's dumb and sexist. 

Maybe sexist. But not necessarily dumb. It's a social/gender-based convention. If you want to tilt at that windmill, then go ahead. I won't say that you're wrong, other than saying it's not weird that women are primarily the gender that gets called "shrill and whiny". It's fairly commonplace. 

Edited by Asithappens

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Talk about Warren not having a shot to beat Trump is really silly when you consider all the voices saying Trump had no chance to beat Hillary in 2016. 

Warren is everything Hillary should have been without the baggage.

She has a ton of baggage. Maybe not to you or others on this board, I agree. But I think she wouldn’t play well in real life when it was nut cutting time.