Hard Knocks 2019

Carl Spackler

Yep.

Hell spend a little time with my boy Marcell Ateman.  He was the receiver who Carr was nonsensically giving shit to on last-night's episode. 

He was 7th round pick last year, ended up making the team and contributing last year.  He might get cut this year with them adding AB and then drafting Renfro and the emergence of the other rookie dude from UC-Davis (I don't recall his name off the top of my head).

I'm, of course, biased because he went to OSU, but seeing if a 2nd year low draft pick can make the team with the influx of new receivers would be far more interesting than showing another 15 minutes of Gruden being a Frank Caliendo caricature come to life or listening to AB whine about his fucking helmet.

53 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I'm quite enjoying it.

Has Josh Jacobs' existence been mentioned in any way? Coming into Hard Knocks I'd have imagined the homeless-kid-turned-1st-rounder would have been a story the show would delve into

I agree with everything you said. I’m a sucker for any football documentaries following teams (hard knocks, all or nothing, last chance U, etc.), so it’s almost impossible for them to turn me away. With that being said, it’s shocking that josh Jacobs hasn’t made a single appearance. I assumed he would be heavily featured, and over drafted in every fantasy league as a result.

• 7 months later...

Both LA teams. 

For the first time, "Hard Knocks" is planning to supersize and feature two teams in the same summer: the Los Angeles Rams and the Los Angeles Chargers, league sources told ESPN -- if there are training camps.

No announcement is planned this week, as the NFL and NFL Films are focused on the first virtual draft in league history because of the coronavirus pandemic.

But NFL Films, which produces the show with HBO, would be excited to have not one, but two teams volunteer for "Hard Knocks," and it would, in the words of one source, "be special to figure out the creative for a 'supersized' series this summer. "

The announcement had been scheduled to be made at last week's NFL annual meeting, but the meeting was canceled because of the pandemic. NFL Films plans for the show to go on, assuming training camp does.

No one yet knows whether training camp will be a go this summer because of the virus, but NFL Films must prepare as if it will. Being stationed in Los Angeles will give NFL Films the ability to embed itself with two NFL teams, a concept the show has not tried in the past.

But with both teams scheduled to move into the new SoFi Stadium this season, they also will be sharing "Hard Knocks," not just a stadium.

This would not be the Rams' first time on the show; they last did it in 2016. The Chargers never have done the show.