Pennyworth, Alfred Pennyworth. Before he was Batman’s Butler. TV series.

atomheartbevo

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I was trying to think of a joke to make (“how young Jimmy Olsen became a photographer!”) but nothing sounds more ridiculous than “how Alfred became a butler”.

Mr. and Mrs. Kent's rise to becoming mediocre farmers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Screw that. I like it. Low tech, no CGI superheroes flying around. Alfred's backstory has never really been fleshed out and he's always had more in his hand than he was showing. I'm in. Too bad I don't get Epix.

Edited by RPM

29 minutes ago, RPM said:

Screw that. I like it. Low tech, no CGI superheroes flying around. Alfred's backstory has never really been fleshed out and he's always had more in his hand than he was showing. I'm in. Too bad I don't get Epix.

If I had Epix, I would watch as well, although I’d be just as interested if there was no DC connection.  

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2019 at 11:20 PM, Red Five said:

I was trying to think of a joke to make (“how young Jimmy Olsen became a photographer!”) but nothing sounds more ridiculous than “how Alfred became a butler”.

no no, not just a butler-- before he was a butler, he was a superhero caliber special agent type dude

everyone has a backstory

The only comic book stuff I’ve ever watched is “Deadpool” and the Netflix Marvel shows.

Never watched any other Marvel movies and never seen a DC one.

But there’s not a whole lot new airing on TV right now and I love British period pieces so I gave this a try.

I like it. I know the very, very basic tentpoles of the Batman story - Bruce Wayne’s mom and dad are murdered and Alfred is his butler. I have no idea if I’m missing any other Easter Eggs and I don’t think it matters.

The first three episodes are up on the Epix app already.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, drewcifer said:

I saw I had an Epix free preview last weekend and DVR'd the marathon... through about five or six eps now and I think this is a good show, with or without the Batman connection. Anyone else stick with it?

watched the whole season.  I liked it.  They have a new show that just started called Godfather of Harlem about Bumpy Johnson starring Forrest Whitaker.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I just started watching this series. It's a pretty good show. It seems to be more of a V for Vendetta prequel than Batman.

Initially, I didn't realize it was set in the V for Vendetta universe until I noticed London seemed like a really fucked up place.

It kind of feels like a 1984 series than a superhero origin story.