Chelsea 2019-2020: Puli My Finger

MoJames

I was inpatient, Rich, I hope you can forgive me.

After winning Europa, 3rd place in the league and losing in PKs in the FA cup...

chelsea-2.gif

we are letting our manager go with an incoming transfer ban, yay.

vllkyt88l4vtfc6fa.jpg?imwidth=900

With all of the ongoing turmoil with this team, this is by far the most wide open year I can recall.

Out or Not fit

Hazard - Off to RM

Rob Green - Retirement (MVP)

Higuain - Out

Kovacic - Up in the Air

RLC/CHO - Achilles Torn

James Reece - Knee Injury

Cahill - Goodbye

Zappacosta - Who knows

Returning from Loan

Zouma - Happy to have him back

Bakayoko - Wild Card

Tammy - Welcome to the number 9 shirt

Mount - Future Lampard? (PLLLLLEAAASE)

Tomori - Maybe

Musonda - CHO before CHO

Bats - Always good for some twitter banter

Morata - lolololol, yeah right

Baba - I think he is still on the pay roll

Added

Pulisic - Slightly large shoes to fill.

Needs

Manager

Ability to Transfer players in

Manager?

Lampard - looks like the most likely

Mou - I wish, best option with youth /s

Allegri - yea right

Zola - please no, failed everywhere he has tried

Ralf Rangnick - name popped up this morning, seems like an interesting option

Ten hag - No way

Rafa - /vomit

Nuno - doubtful

Simeone - haha

Anyways, post-Hazard chelsea has plenty of problems, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out, specifically with us starting the season at Old Trafford.

D87RseMXsAAHNyZ.jpg:large

While it may be a rough season on the league table, a lot of very talented youngsters are going to get a lot of experience.  Then we're going to sign a world class striker next summer and win the league for at least four straight years.  

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 9:58 AM, MoJames said:

I was inpatient, Rich, I hope you can forgive me.

After winning Europa, 3rd place in the league and losing in PKs in the FA cup...

chelsea-2.gif

we are letting our manager go with an incoming transfer ban, yay.

vllkyt88l4vtfc6fa.jpg?imwidth=900

With all of the ongoing turmoil with this team, this is by far the most wide open year I can recall.

Out or Not fit

Hazard - Off to RM

Rob Green - Retirement (MVP)

Higuain - Out

Kovacic - Up in the Air

RLC/CHO - Achilles Torn

James Reece - Knee Injury

Cahill - Goodbye

Zappacosta - Who knows

Returning from Loan

Zouma - Happy to have him back

Bakayoko - Wild Card

Tammy - Welcome to the number 9 shirt

Mount - Future Lampard? (PLLLLLEAAASE)

Tomori - Maybe

Musonda - CHO before CHO

Bats - Always good for some twitter banter

Morata - lolololol, yeah right

Baba - I think he is still on the pay roll

Added

Pulisic - Slightly large shoes to fill.

Needs

Manager

Ability to Transfer players in

Manager?

Lampard - looks like the most likely

Mou - I wish, best option with youth /s

Allegri - yea right

Zola - please no, failed everywhere he has tried

Ralf Rangnick - name popped up this morning, seems like an interesting option

Ten hag - No way

Rafa - /vomit

Nuno - doubtful

Simeone - haha

Anyways, post-Hazard chelsea has plenty of problems, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out, specifically with us starting the season at Old Trafford.

D87RseMXsAAHNyZ.jpg:large

Pretty favorable schedule on a 2nd look. Seems like the toughest stretch is City away through Arsenal away. 

So in the past week, Willian was sought after by both Barcelona and Atletico for about 35mil, today rumors he is off to China for 20mil. Sounds like someone's agent is trying to get him a new contract.

Also, no smoke anywhere but with Lampard.

Juan Castillo has done a U-turn. Was looking at signing on with a German squad, but wants to work with Lampard apparently. LB/Winger with good pace and touch. Stole him from Ajax a couple years ago.

juan-familiocastillo-of-chelsea-celebrat

Juan Familio-Castillo wants to stay at Chelsea this summer as a result of Frank Lampard's imminent appointment as manager.

The teenage wideman claimed last month that he was set to leave the club on a free transfer following three seasons in west London, but he is now ready to discuss a new contract.

Familio-Castillo, 19, has made a big impact at junior level — winning the FA Youth Cup and featuring in back-to-back UEFA Youth League finals — but he has yet to feature for the Blues' first team.

• Like 1

I’m more bullish than bearish on Kovacic, if for no other reason than that we need quality bodies and have no other options.

I do wonder how great of a fit he was with what Sarri wanted to do, so the optimistic way to view this is that we’ll see more quality from him under Lamps.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 5:21 PM, RichUT said:

I’m more bullish than bearish on Kovacic, if for no other reason than that we need quality bodies and have no other options.

I do wonder how great of a fit he was with what Sarri wanted to do, so the optimistic way to view this is that we’ll see more quality from him under Lamps.

He has a ton of great qualities and the ones he is lacking in he will be playing with a manager who might be able to pass along some tips. In a non transfer ban season, I don't know if we spend the cash, but with RLC injured, he is a must.

Lots of familiar names coming back or moving up.

Frank Lampard
Petr Cech
Jody Morris
Chris Jones
Joe Edwards
Eddie Newton

Very Chelsea oriented with a ton of experience with the youth that is going to play a huge role next season.

Mention of Makélélé and Drogba having a role. But Zola is moving on.

Interesting video of the Chelsea youth in 1997 featuring Jody Morris.

On 6/23/2019 at 8:29 AM, TexArcher said:

That last part where he clowns two guys is cruel and awesome.

That was just Pulisic still being bitter about 2017 and taking it out on the team that knocked him out of the World Cup.

Would have loved to have seen that 20 months ago.

23 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

So what’s the scoop on Lampard? All I’ve read is legendary player and one fairly successful manager season. Any more context on him?

There are several YouTube videos out there about how his approach last year would extend to Chelsea, this is the most recent attempt.

And here is an old one that talks about how we might line up.

• Like 1

Game Day

Date / Time: Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 19:45 BST; 2:45pm EDT; 12:15am IST (next day)
Venue: Dalymount Park, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Forecast: Warm rain

On TV: none — Chelsea TV is now online/app-only
Streaming online: Chelsea TV (£10.99 for the entire preseason on the website) or the 5th Stand app (£1.99 per game). If you had a Chelsea TV subscription last season, the games should still be available to you for free. In the UK/Ireland, all 7 preseason games will be available on Chelsea TV. Globally, the rights for the games against Kawasaki Frontale, Barcelona, RB Salzburg, and Borussia Mönchengladbach might belong to other rights-holders and thus might not be available through Chelsea TV.

3 hours ago, MoJames said:

Streaming online: Chelsea TV (£10.99 for the entire preseason on the website) or the 5th Stand app (£1.99 per game). If you had a Chelsea TV subscription last season, the games should still be available to you for free. In the UK/Ireland, all 7 preseason games will be available on Chelsea TV. Globally, the rights for the games against Kawasaki Frontale, Barcelona, RB Salzburg, and Borussia Mönchengladbach might belong to other rights-holders and thus might not be available through Chelsea TV.

www.reddit.com/r/vipsoccerstreams

Until it gets shut down in a month. 

Story on sunshine pumping Lampard.

Chelsea’s mannequins have become the unfortunate victims of Frank Lampard’s return to the club as the head coach prepares to wrap up his first pre-season trip in charge of the Blues.

Having completed his first week in the hot seat, Lampard will take a second look at his squad in the friendly against St Patrick’s at Richmond Park in Dublin on Saturday.

One of the striking elements of the first week of the Lampard reign has been how little love the Chelsea mannequins have been getting from the players.

A common sight of both the Antonio Conte and Maurizio Sarri eras was the Chelsea players with an arm draped around a mannequin as they listened to or waited for instruction during what were often slow, laborious training sessions.

But Lampard has increased the pace of life on the training pitch to the point where the mannequins are no longer getting a cuddle from bored players because there is no time.

Those involved have told Telegraph Sport that there is no longer any hanging around, listening to long speeches or waiting to be told what to do. Instead, it has been one drill and on to the next during the week-long double sessions.

And despite the fact that Chelsea’s home for the past week, Carton House, which is 30 minutes from Dublin, boasts two championship courses and a driving range, there have not been reports of any players picking up a club.

That is not because Lampard banned golf, but there have not been any mornings or afternoons off and, in between training, players needed to rest due to the intensity of the work.

Team meetings, of which there were always many under Conte and Sarri, were largely set aside during the first week of training under Lampard in favour of working hard on fitness and stamina.

The biggest challenge for the 41-year-old has been the sheer size of the group he has been working with and the staggered nature of the players’ return. But Lampard has done the majority of the coaching himself so far and has included all of the players - as highlighted by the 22 players he fielded in the opening friendly against Bohemians.

A small group of Chelsea’s young players, including striker Izzy Brown, have returned to London, while new arrival Christian Pulisic and Willian, who have both been away with their national teams, will link up with the squad on the tour of Japan.

Chelsea fly back to London straight after the St Patrick’s clash and the players have Sunday and Monday morning off before travelling to Japan on Monday afternoon. Antonio Rudiger, who is still recovering from a knee injury, is expected to stay behind to continue his rehabilitation work.

Other than his assistant Jody Morris, first-team coaches Joe Edwards and Eddie Newton, fitness coach Chris Jones and goalkeeping coach Hilario, newly-appointed technical and performance advisor Petr Cech has spent the week in Dublin with Lampard and his squad.

Cech has watched training sessions and talked to Lampard and his staff about all aspects of the football operation to feedback any of their needs to the board or guide decisions on which young players should remain with the squad or be loaned out.

Sources claim that the advantages of having a coach and staff with such strong Chelsea connections and good relationships within the club are already being felt.

This is the first time during the Roman Abramovich era in which director Marina Granovskaia and chairman Bruce Buck, who are in charge of the day-to-day running of the club, already know the backroom staff, as well as the head coach.

That familiarity, along with the fact Lampard’s team of coaches is smaller than those employed by Conte and Sarri, have made communication easier and more streamlined. It is only the mannequins who miss the Italians so far.

Expected squad is:

Arrizabalaga, Caballero, Cumming

Azpilicueta, Zappacosta

Christensen, Luiz, Tomori, Zouma

Alonso, Emerson

Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Mount

Palmer, Pedro, Kenedy

Abraham, Batshuayi, Giroud.

Ethan Ampadu may be in but potentially injured, a loan isn't a far cry. Gilmour couldn't get visa in time. Pulisic joins tomorrow