Chelsea 2019-2020: Puli My Finger

MoJames

CHRISTIAN PULISIC TRAINS FOR THE FIRST TIME AS A CHELSEA PLAYER

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/16/christian-pulisic-trains-for-the-first-time-as-a-chelsea-player

The American met up with his team-mates in Yokohama on Tuesday having cut short his summer break, which only began after the USA's Gold Cup campaign came to an end with defeat in the final to Mexico 10 days ago. 

He was straight to work alongside the rest of the travelling party as they headed to the neat Mitsuzawa Stadium just a few hours after touching down in Japan. Understandably the session was a light one, with plenty of focus on stretching to dust off the cobwebs following the long flight, as well as some light jogging and small-sided games that yielded plenty of laughs and some traditional ear-flicking! 

For the rest of Chelsea's time in Japan double sessions are currently planned on the days we do not have a match to help step up the players' preparations for the forthcoming campaign under the guidance of Frank Lampard. We meet Kawasaki Frontale on Friday and Barcelona on Tuesday, both matches you can watch

On arrival Lampard had spoken to the media and expressed his wish to see N'Golo Kante train with the rest of the squad as he continues his recovery from a light knock, and it was good to see the Frenchman joining in with his team-mates today on an overcast, drizzly evening.

pulii.png

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Anyone have lineup details for today vs Rennes?

That's the U23 team.

We play tomorrow in Japan.

Squad news

As mentioned earlier, Pulisic is a key face to look out for in the Chelsea ranks following his arrival in Japan. He is expected to feature at some stage and could make his Blues debut on Friday.

Also hoping to be involved will be N’Golo Kante, who is stepping up his recovery work following time in Ireland working on specific individual programmes with the fitness and medical staff. Lampard has hinted that Kante could be involved more in Japan.

Preseason Schedule (Times are local)

KAWASAKI FRONTALE  Yokohama, Japan Fri 19 July, kick-off 7pm

BARCELONA  Saitama Stadium, Japan Tue 23 July, kick-off 7.30pm 

READING  Madejski Stadium, UK Sun 28 July, kick-off 3pm 

RB SALZBURG  Salzburg, Austria Wed 31 July, kick-off 8pm 

BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH  Borussia Park, Germany Saturday 3 August, kick-off 5pm

3 minutes ago, MoJames said:

He is owned by Chelsea FC, loaned out the past 2-3 years. I don't see him ever breaking into the first team.

Ahhhh didn't know that. Yeah, Miazga is fine - prob never be starting XI quality for a top 6 side though. 

Now, if Tyler Adams were to hit the market...

5 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Was curious about values of USA based players and looks like we have the most important one.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/detailsuche/spielerdetail/suche/15954572

I don't know why Weah's # isn't updated - maybe they are waiting on an official figure? Transfer was purported to be around 10M Euro. 

I also think Adams is worth more than that. Would be surprised if he is let go for less than 20M anytime soon. 

I'll try to find a full replay for anyone that wants to watch. The highlights suggest we have some good movement in MF and I'm excited to see Pulisic's pace translating well to the team. 

So the rest of the preseason lines up better for watching.

READING  Madejski Stadium, UK Sun 28 July, kick-off 3pm [9am CST]

RB SALZBURG  Salzburg, Austria Wed 31 July, kick-off 8pm [1pm CST]

BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH  Borussia Park, Germany Saturday 3 August, kick-off 5pm [10am CST]

WAGNH also put an article together comparing Zaha and Willian

So, let’s break these down a bit, shall we?

Zaha dribbles more, but at a much worse success rate, which is really a bad thing

Zaha is a far worse passer, and at a much lower volume as well. It’s tough to ignore how good of a long ball passer Willian always has been. His ability to switch the ball consistently is a big benefit.

Their on-target percentage for shooting is nearly identical, 36.0% vs 36.8%. Zaha gets blocked more, which is shocking.

To sum up, I can’t think of a single reason that this transfer would make sense. Zaha is not good enough, his fee is too high, he’s too old, and thee’s no room for him in the squad.

link

For the amount of money being reported on CHO's wages, he best start producing pretty quick or he's going to turn from a underused youth talent to an expensive over hyped mistake.

Currently the only wingers reportedly making more than him weekly are Salah, Mane, Sterling, Sane, Mahrez, Son, Zaha, Bilva and Martial.