Chelsea 2019-2020: Puli My Finger

MoJames

6 minutes ago, Stringer said:

I love Giroud.  He's such a good player.  It's kind of baffling to me how much he's played as a sub both at Arsenal and at Chelsea.

My dad's an Arsenal fan and we've had this conversation.  Giroud has stretches, sometimes for several matches at a time, where he looks like one of the 10 or 15 best strikers in the world.  But he also disappears completely for stretches of the same length.  I don't know if it's effort or if he's one of those guys who gets dinged up easily so he's playing hurt half the time or what.

I like him very much as a second striker and not so much as a first striker.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah loving on Giroud is some recency bias. Before the pandemic break he was really struggling and would have games at a time of not doing shit. Obviously it's great that he's regained some form so we don't have to rely on Tammy too much, but going forward we need a more consistent option at striker. Apparently Lampard might try and shoehorn Havertz into that role. I'd honestly be interested to see Pulisic dip his toes in that water a little bit for shits and giggles, but he doesn't really have enough size. And he's too good on the wing.

6 hours ago, MoJames said:

Listened to the game as I drove across the awful state of New Mexico, was a good time. Only thing what would've made today better was a manure loss.

If you think that New Mexico is bad, I hope that you never have to drive across the shit state of Texas. 🤮

I’ve done both many times. 

NM > > > TX

• Fuck You 1

On 8/6/2020 at 11:24 AM, ztejas said:

Joorabchian used his connections with Eduardo at Arsenal to get Willian a bonkers deal for a 30-something speed/endurance guy.

Also, as Chelsea fans we have Europa League cheering interests in terms of getting deals over the line:

Inter over Leverkusen for Havertz

Wolves over Sevilla for Reguilon