Chelsea 2019-2020: Puli My Finger

MoJames

Man I'm still buzzing about yesterdays game. Expected to find some chatter on here about how the young guys played, or how pulisic got some time and produced or even something about Rudiger potentially coming back next game, but alas, nothing. sadpanda

Here's some random stuff from the past 24 hours.

x7s85c57myq31.jpg

9v40ktx6u2r31.jpg

1-0 Tammy - https://streamja.com/XP2z

2-0 Mount - https://streamja.com/dWZ9

3-1 Kante - https://streamja.com/2nZ6

4-1 Bats - https://streamja.com/Kwbp

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 10:56 AM, MoJames said:

Before the season started we were in a very ambiguous position. Now that we are rolling into October, who are you guys most impressed with from the Academy players? And who do you think will be the most impressive at the end?

Mount

Tammy

CHO

Tomori

RLC

Reece

For me Tomori has shocked me how good he is. I really was questioning letting Geezer go and depend on Christensen, Zouma and an injured Rudiger.

At the end of the season, I think it will end up being CHO. He just came back but has already made a huge difference.

It's hard to say, but, regardless, I'm excited as hell because they all look so good.  Crazy thing is, in addition to Tammy being tied with Aguero for most goals, Mount is tied with Salah in 10th and is one goal behind guys like Kane and Mane.  They are young as hell, but are already performing with the best in the league.  And as they get older they will not only be getting more experience generally, but they will be getting more experience together.  Think of how good they will be in 5 years when they've been playing together for that long and are still only in their mid-20s.  

So about to get rolling again and was looking over the December schedule, lots of games so the depth will be tested, but not a ton of travel honestly.

Wednesday 4th December PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea vs Aston Villa 19:30

Saturday 7th December PREMIER LEAGUE
Everton vs Chelsea 12:30

Tuesday 10th December CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Chelsea vs Lille 20:00

Saturday 14th December PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea vs Bournemouth 15:00

Sunday 22nd December PREMIER LEAGUE
Tottenham vs Chelsea 16:30

Thursday 26th December PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea vs Southampton 15:00

Sunday 29th December PREMIER LEAGUE
Arsenal vs Chelsea 14:00

Wednesday 1st January PREMIER LEAGUE
Brighton vs Chelsea 12:30

11 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Damn - .20 eG is definitely a solid shutout. Do you think it was the best the D has played all year?

Also - do you like Pulisic trying to find a spot in being a super sub? I kind of do until he gets his legs under him a bit more in the EPL. He's clearly up to the task - anyone saying he's being outclassed or not up to the competition are kidding themselves. He makes world class plays given the chances. But - 70-90 mins might be a lot for him right now. Maybe 30 mins a game is his calling card this season. 

Damn - .20 eG is definitely a solid shutout. Do you think it was the best the D has played all year?
Also - do you like Pulisic trying to find a spot in being a super sub? I kind of do until he gets his legs under him a bit more in the EPL. He's clearly up to the task - anyone saying he's being outclassed or not up to the competition are kidding themselves. He makes world class plays given the chances. But - 70-90 mins might be a lot for him right now. Maybe 30 mins a game is his calling card this season. 
Definitely on the defensive effort.

Also Pulisic played great and has a future with CFC imo.

3 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Also Pulisic played great and has a future with CFC imo.

I agree man. His assist to Tammy the other week and his setup today were plays that you just can't teach. He sees the field at an advanced level. Hope his physicality and decision making follows in suit because he has the chance to be a really special player. Staying at Chelsea the rest of his career would (potentially) give him the chance to be a legend. No American has ever approached and played the game the way he does. 

Nine games into the season and we are sitting in 4th place (thanks to Arsenal losing the Sheffield), two points back from 2nd place.  That's much better than I would have thought possible considering our injury issues, transfer ban, and losing Hazard.  
I'd add in our unproven manager. Just an interesting season all around.

Poor man management by Lampard in starting CHO today.  He's clearly tired and his legs are not doing what he wants and expects them to do.  I get that it's CL, but CHO coming back from injury and having played in 5 games over 3 1/2 weeks is not better than Pulisic who's played something like 60 minutes over that time span.  

58 minutes ago, MoJames said:

https://streamvi.com/watch.php?video=1571855915

Crazy day at work but sounds like we put in a solid game and deserved the win. Great to see Captain America to Batman for the win.

We should have won about 3 or 4-0, but we missed a few sitters and CHO clearly didn't have the legs.  With the exception of an Ajax goal called back by VAR for offside (correct call), Ajax never really felt threatening.  Our D was actually solid.  

5 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Hell yes, draw between Valencia and Lille.

Fuck yeah.  Goal in 90 + 5 for the tie.  Thanks, Lille.    

• Like 1

Just a bit of injury stuff - most quotes prior to Ajax game.

Rudiger

"Rudiger is training outside with the physios, which is a progression for him," Lampard told reporters. "He has had a tough injury, stop-start which has been tough for everybody. But he is outside, which is positive. A bit of work for him to be done for match fitness, but it is positive for us that he is outside."

Christensen

"Andreas has a hamstring injury that will probably see him out for the next two weeks," Lampard added.

Emerson

"Emerson is going to be the other side of the international break with the hamstring injury," said the Chelsea boss. [Prior to Brighton]. He was in training on Wednesday.

RLC

"Ruben we can’t give a date but he is outside jogging slowly," he said ahead of the Brighton game. "That is a positive move for this week, good to see him outside and we will see how that goes over the next weeks."

Kante/Barkley

Both missed training prior to Ajax, Kante for a groin and Barkley for an ankle. "Ross will hopefully be fit to train on Thursday. ‘N’Golo is training again but it’s not clear whether he will be fit for the weekend or not."