Chelsea 2019-2020: Puli My Finger

MoJames

Speaking of options other than Christensen, this was yesterdays press conference

“Toni Rüdiger is close. He has stepped up his training, particularly in the last week, so we are hopeful he will be available in the next week to 10 days.”

-Frank Lampard; source: Chelsea FC

giphy.gif

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/12/12/fikayo-tomori-signs-new-chelsea-contract?cardIndex=0-0

Tomori-Marina-DTW_6311

Fikayo Tomori has committed himself to Chelsea Football Club by signing a new five-year contract at Stamford Bridge.

The defender, who will turn 22 next week, played 55 times under Frank Lampard on loan at Derby County last season and was subsequently made part of the senior Chelsea squad in the summer after Lampard was appointed our new head coach.

He has since made 16 appearances for the Blues this season as well as making his debut in the Champions League and at senior international level for England.

On signing his new deal until the summer of 2024, Tomori said: ‘It’s obviously a very proud moment for myself and my family. I’ve been at the club since I was seven years old so I don’t really know much else other than Chelsea.

‘The club has been so good to me, looking after and developing me during that time into the player and the person I am today. It’s a dream come true to sign a new five-year contract. I’m really happy the club have shown this faith in me and I’m just excited to carry on.’

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia added: ‘We are very happy to see another fantastic young player come through from our Academy into the senior team. Fikayo has been with us since he was seven years old and has contributed to many Chelsea successes at youth level.

Having enjoyed an impressive loan spell at Derby last season, Fikayo had a strong start to this campaign and we are enjoying seeing him grow into a key player for us. We are delighted he has committed to the club for the coming years.’

Tomori joined Chelsea at the Under-8 age group and was a serial winner throughout his time in our Academy, playing in the same team as Tammy Abraham for almost a decade.

A breakthrough maiden season as a scholar in 2014/15 saw him start every game as our youth team successfully defended the FA Youth Cup, while he missed just two matches as our Under-19s lifted the UEFA Youth League the same season.

An Under-21 regular the following campaign, Tomori also developed a goalscoring knack, with goals in the final of both the Youth Cup and UEFA Youth League as our youngsters won both competitions again. He made his senior Blues debut on the final day of the season as a substitute in the Premier League against Leicester City and was named the Academy Player of the Year at the club’s annual end-of-season awards.

Tomori has gained valuable experience across three loan spells in the Championship, initially under Chris Hughton at Brighton & Hove Albion where he helped the Seagulls to promotion before a full season at Hull City in 2017/18.

In the summer of 2018, he joined Lampard and his former youth team coach Jody Morris at Derby, where he became a fixture in the side and a terrace favourite as the Rams reached the Championship play-off final at Wembley. He was voted Derby’s Player of the Year.

At junior international level, the defender was a mainstay of the England side that won the Under-20 World Cup in the summer of 2017 and he also represented the Three Lions at Under-21 level before making his senior debut for Gareth Southgate’s side in a European Championship qualifying win in Kosovo last month.

He scored his first Chelsea goal in memorable fashion against Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux in a 5-2 win in September and has since featured in crucial European wins at Lille and Ajax.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does Graeme Le Saux hate Chelsea so much?  I know he played there, but every week he's criticizing Chelsea players for diving and he never says a word when the other teams do it.  He just bitched about a clear penalty on Willian and said the ref and VAR both got it wrong because Willian allowed himself to be tackled in the box.  Then literally five minutes later, a Burnley player leans in to draw a foul, which Graeme acknowledges and then praises as crafty play.  Good god, man, go fuck yourself.

• Like 1

Why does Graeme Le Saux hate Chelsea so much?  I know he played there, but every week he's criticizing Chelsea players for diving and he never says a word when the other teams do it.  He just bitched about a clear penalty on Willian and said the ref and VAR both got it wrong because Willian allowed himself to be tackled in the box.  Then literally five minutes later, a Burnley player leans in to draw a foul, which Graeme acknowledges and then praises as crafty play.  Good god, man, go fuck yourself.
Noticed it as well, no clue.