Chelsea 2019-2020: Puli My Finger

MoJames

Two near chances - Barkley finds Pulisic in the box on the left, Puli squares it up beautifully to his right foot but the shot is deflected. 

Out to Azpulicueta, almost finds Tammy on a run inside but goes out for a corner. 

And that's the half - attack has looked sharp but should never have conceded 2 goals. Might be a continuing theme this season unfortunately. 

Physical first 45 - refs have let them play despite a couple of yellows. 

Edited by ztejas

6 minutes ago, !!!HOTDOGS!!! said:

Only caught the last 10 min or so of the first half. Seems like more of the same so far, creative offensively but can't quite zip it up in the back.

More of the same but the attack has looked better than the first 2 games. Something needs to be addressed in the backline - this team isn't finishing better than 9th-10th conceding this many goals. Zouma is probably more to blame than anyone else, but it certainly doesn't fall entirely on him. The unit as a whole needs to do a better job. 

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

More of the same but the attack has looked better than the first 2 games. Something needs to be addressed in the backline - this team isn't finishing better than 9th-10th conceding this many goals. Zouma is probably more to blame than anyone else, but it certainly doesn't fall entirely on him. The unit as a whole needs to do a better job. 

Thanks. Tried to rep this but I"m out of rep to give apparently

Just finished.

Barkley stepped up nicely for the team with Pedro dropping out and Mount did well on the outside today. Great game by Tammy. Defense still shakey but better.

I think we will have an issue with Mid when CHO and RLC and Kante are fit, but a damn good problem. Kovacic and Jorginho are doing well and with these young guys picking it up we are in a good spot.

Pulisic looked dangerous today, had a couple spots if he gets picked out he gets a goal and a couple spots where he had a pass for another assist. I think Mount and he really enjoy playing today.

I don't think we are going to get boring football this year, going to need to start drinking early.

I did think Azpi played much better today.

3 points today with 4 from (@manure, vsLCFC, and @Norwich) with everything that went on this summer, positive start.

Oh and I love me some Emerson this season.

Kante and Pedro out tomorrow.

Projected lineups

Chelsea: Arrizabalaga; Emerson, Christensen, Zouma, Azpilicueta; Jorginho, Barkley, Kovacic; Mount, Abraham, Pulisic.

Sheffield United: Henderson; Eagen, Basham, O’Connell; Sheffield, Norwood, Freeman, Lundstram, Baldock; McBurnie, McGoldrick.

1 minute ago, RichUT said:

Abraham poached another!!

Great score line, but honestly it’s a misrepresentation of the flow of the match. We haven’t looked all that great.

Eh. I think we've controlled possession pretty well. Just capitalizing on the few opportunities we've had.