Chelsea 2019-2020: Puli My Finger

MoJames

On 8/14/2019 at 4:15 PM, Longhornfan1024 said:

He will.  There isn't much difference in finishing the misses he had the past two games and finishing the number of goals he's had during the past two seasons.  He just needs to get more confidence in himself that he can do it at this level too.  

On 8/14/2019 at 4:46 PM, ztejas said:

Yeahhhhhh about that...

Say what?

Edited by Longhornfan1024

Kova out there dropping dimes while Azpi can't even hit a cross when he's wide open.  Willian has looked much better playing in the narrower position whereas Pedro looks really uncomfortable out there. 

Overall, we've looked the better team.  If we avoid the brain farts, we should be able to put in a goal or two in the second half and win this one.  

Despite my bias wanting Pulisic to start every game, I like the amount of different looks that Lampard has put out there to start the season. It should benefit us later on to have data on a lot of different lineups and player combinations. There's so much young talent on this team - I think it can be difficult to get a sense of who's going to break out or show flashes at any given time. 

And oof that was dangerous - talk about brain farts. 

Edited by ztejas

And where the fuck is Pulisic... he has almost 1500 minutes in the CL. Unless he's getting sold or loaned I have no idea why he wouldn't merit a look towards the end here. Why sub in Barkely if you've already broken the 3-4-3 by taking Zouma out?

Maybe Mount going out screwed up the gameplan but that seems like a weak excuse. 

3 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

or did Frank have an aneurysm?  

I guess. I mean he only had 2 available from Mount going down in the first but he could have done anything he wanted with those 2. No one else came off injured. 

And as to my earlier comment, if Pulisic is getting sent away then why tf do we have him warming up on the sidelines in the 60th? Just seems like boneheaded subbing by Lampard. We don't need 90 minutes of Willian. And as dodgy as Zouma has been I think he at least does a better job on that free kick than Tammy and Jorg did. 

Edited by ztejas

16 hours ago, MoJames said:

Haha, yeah read on it but didn't see it live. Seems like this is a situation that needs sorted prior to the game by the Manager, or potentially a captain to wander in and clear it up...

Frank said Barkely's first man up when he's on the pitch. About that . . . .  Maybe when you have Willian and Jorghino on the pitch, you let them take the penalties instead of pre-season wonderman Barkley.