Tottenham 2017-18

Captain Ron

For those looking for tickets, here is what I posted a few months back over at other places.

It sounds like The Torch is the place now. It's on the opposite side of the Wembley train station:

https://goo.gl/maps/d7EsoWRgLw92

As far as tickets, if you ever think you want to go to a game, I would register on their site: https://www.eticketing.co.uk/tottenhamhotspur/Authentication/Registration - this will get you a client reference number and into the system. Because of the way tickets are handled, I would do this immediately, I noted in the Champions League thread, Spurs (and probably other teams), don't just let people register on the site and immediatly buy tickets. When I went to the APOEL game in Wembley last month, you needed an account the start of the month before tickets went on sale (Nov 1 for a mid-Nov sale). That might have just been a UCL thing (to prevent traveling fans from buying - see the Arsenal/FC Cologne game), but you never know.

They also have membership levels, which you can read about here - https://www.eticketing.co.uk/tottenhamhotspur/Memberships/List
From what I've gathered, this is like the priority draws for the OU game. Your membership is your donor level and your points are your priority within that level. This is probably only important for the big games - what they call Category A (see here: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/uploadedImages/Shared_Assets/Images/Tickets/full-ticket-map17-18.jpg). This is probably not very necessary.

This will get you the ability to buy from the club. I haven't done the 3rd party thing. tbc is probably the one that can best answer those questions.

I am curious how next year will play out. Wembley is 90K seats and there are tickets available for both ManU and Arsenal. Next season you have 61K seats in the new WHL, are tickets going to be an easier get?

Edited by Captain Ron

Stadium definitely looks much more like an American football stadium than a soccer stadium with the bowl / oval shape. Hope to see a game there next year. Hopefully TfL can figure out how to get a tube line to White Hart rather than the tube+train+bus shit show it was previously

and....COYS!

Edited by scottonian

5 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Dembele gave quotes today that this year might be his last at Tottenham. They agreed to put off extension talks until after the season.

That would suck. Besides Kane and Eriksen, he's the most important member of the team, IMO

15 minutes ago, PokerFace said:

That would suck. Besides Kane and Eriksen, he's the most important member of the team, IMO

Right now he’s signed through 2019. I’m pretty sure Levy & Co are leery of giving Dembélé an extension given that he’s turning 31 and can’t seem to stay healthy anymore.

With today's win, Spurs are 8 points clear of Chelsea with 7 to play. They need 14 points to wrap up a Champions League slot.  Here is the final 7 games of the season:

4/7 - @ Stoke
4/14 - Man City
4/17 - @ Brighton
(4/21 - FA Cup Semis vs Man U)
4/30 - Watford
5/5 - @West Brom
5/13 - Leicester 

PPD - Newcastle

That's a very favorable schedule. Hell, given that City will have wrapped up the title, I even like Spurs chances in that one.

On 3/29/2018 at 9:19 PM, DeepEastTexas said:

I read that about Dembele today. Who knows how much truth there is to it. 

He's important, and if he does leave, Spurs need to hang onto Waynama for sure.

Wanyama = defensive midfielder.

Dembele = attacking midfielder.

But yeah.  We definitely can’t lose anyone else out of that group.

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

Wanyama = defensive midfielder.

Dembele = attacking midfielder.

But yeah.  We definitely can’t lose anyone else out of that group.

Understood, but there's talk that both could go. At one time, a couple of Serie A clubs were looking hard at Dembele. He's been one of my favorites since he arrived from Fulham, just pure class. 

Losing both is is too much of a hit. Really need to keep both next season going into the new stadium, but if Dembele were to leave, VW has to stay. A couple of reports have Liverpool interested in him. That would suck. 

4 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

With today's win, Spurs are 8 points clear of Chelsea with 7 to play. They need 14 points to wrap up a Champions League slot.  Here is the final 7 games of the season:

4/7 - @ Stoke
4/14 - Man City
4/17 - @ Brighton
(4/21 - FA Cup Semis vs Man U)
4/30 - Watford
5/5 - @West Brom
5/13 - Leicester 

PPD - Newcastle

That's a very favorable schedule. Hell, given that City will have wrapped up the title, I even like Spurs chances in that one.

Are you saying their magic number is 14?

for context, here is the full quote from dembele (who is my favorite player in the squad): 

We have not really talked about an extension of my contract. At the beginning of the season, I said ‘I had physical problems, I want to see at the end of the season how I feel’. That’s what the club and I decided by mutual agreement. If we talk about a new contract in the middle of the season, it will cost energy. Imagine that a player feels not appreciated after a disappointing proposal, it can disrupt his game.

At this moment, I am very happy at Tottenham. I do not lie when I say that I do not think about a big transfer. I want to play a World Cup and afterwards we will see. Really, I’m not aware of the interest of other clubs. And, besides, I told my agent to wait for the summer to tell me about any offers. For now, I’m only focusing on Tottenham. Maybe this is my last season. Or maybe I’ll sign a new deal. We’ll see.

a bit different than the toby situation as they haven't been negotiating on an extension at all this season. he could leave, but given his injury history and age we likely aren't looking at a huge transfer fee AND a contract that spurs couldn't match. if levy is serious about selling only the players that poch wants to sell then i think they'll figure out a way to get a deal done. wanyama isn't leaving this summer regardless of what happens with mousa.

Matt Law of The Telegraph is reporting that Pochettino, Kane, Alli, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Sonny, and Lloris will be offered improved contracts.

Alasdair Gold of Football.London is reporting that Spurs offered Toby £130k/wk and Toby wanted £180k/wk.