Tottenham 2017-18

Captain Ron

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

This might give some insight into what's going on with Poch and management.

The full quotes from Poche don’t sound as negative as ESPN is trying to frame them, “Pochettino fed up with Spurs project.” But it does seem pretty clear that Pochettino wants Levy to bump up our wage structure and spend money in the transfer market.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/14/mauricio-pochettino-wants-150m-tottenham-squad-overhaul-including/

Mauricio Pochettino will ask chairman Daniel Levy and owner Joe Lewis to sanction a £150million overhaul of his Tottenham Hotspur squad this summer.

Pochettino wants to know he will be given the funds to bring in the players he wants and the freedom to sell those he feels he can replace, as he tries to transform Spurs into winners.

I haven't registered to read the whole thing, but it's some insight.

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Dan Kilpatrick just went from ESPN to the Evening Standard as their Spurs beat reporter. He had an article today saying that Poche wants Levy to sell Alderweireld, Rose, and Dembele quickly and their replacements brought in quickly instead of going for the best deal and closing deals right at the end of the transfer window.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Dan Kilpatrick just went from ESPN to the Evening Standard as their Spurs beat reporter. He had an article today saying that Poche wants Levy to sell Alderweireld, Rose, and Dembele quickly and their replacements brought in quickly instead of going for the best deal and closing deals right at the end of the transfer window.

screw you for reminding me that i'll probably never see moose play in a spurs shirt again.

13 hours ago, mr. littlejeans said:

screw you for reminding me that i'll probably never see moose play in a spurs shirt again.

He’s 31, on the last year of his contract, has been increasingly injury prone, and wants a 3 year deal at 100k/wk. He’s definitely getting sold. I love Moose, but it’s the right decision.

15 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

60 for Toby, 35 for Danny, 70 for Moussa D =165 plus extra 150.. yo! Let's Go!

Lol, probably more like £40m-ish for Toby, £30-35m for Danny, and £20-25m for Dembele if Poche gets his way and Levy sells relatively early.

18 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

from the article: "Rose blotted his copybook last August when he gave an interview in which he urged the club to sign more world-class players and made plain his frustrations at the wage structure."

also from the article: "Pochettino was also seeking to mark his turf over the type of player he wants to sign. Typically Levy has preferred younger ones with resale value but Pochettino would like him to consider more seasoned professionals."

semantics? because i assume when poche says "seasoned professional" he doesn't mean fernando llorente. danny shouldn't have ever given the interview the way he did, but i think his copybook is blotted moreso by his play this year and the fact that there wasn't any noticeable drop-off from him to davies than it is by him speaking a bit of truth in the press.

Winning Europa in completely non-shocking fashion bumps Athletico up to Pot 1 and moves Spurs 1 spot closer to making it.

Teams that have made Pot 2:
1 Juventus/Napoli
2 Borussia Dortmund
3 FC Porto
4 Manchester United
5 Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine Premier League or 3rd qualifying round)

Teams ranked ahead of Spurs alive for Pot 2 (1 of the 3 need to miss Pot 2 for Spurs to jump in):
1 Real Madrid (UCL Final for Pot 1)
2 Benfica (3rd qualifying round)
3 FC Basel (2nd qualifying round)

The upside of yesterday's Real Madrid win is that Tottenham now is guaranteed to be in Pot 2 for the Group Stage draw in next year's UCL. Here would be the pots assuming the best teams win out:

Ideally you would like maybe either Benfica or Basil to not make the group stage as that would take Roma out of Pot 3, making that pot a little easier (Remember that Spurs can't draw Liverpool).

At least Spurs aren't going to be in Pot 3 themselves.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 10:59 AM, Schulz2.0 said:

The Telegraph is reporting that we’re interested in Pulisic since it’s looking unlikely that Sessegnon will happen.

Would Pulisic be more than a squad player next year at Tottenham?

His Tranfermarket number right now is $40.5 millionhttps://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/christian-pulisic/profil/spieler/315779

Would Tottenham pay that for someone who isn't going to be a regular starter?

Of if he's going to be a regular starter, where would he play?

I'd love for him to learn and play under Pochettino, but I think that he'd do more "learning" than "playing" next year if he goes to Tottenham.

14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Would Pulisic be more than a squad player next year at Tottenham?

His Tranfermarket number right now is $40.5 millionhttps://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/christian-pulisic/profil/spieler/315779

Would Tottenham pay that for someone who isn't going to be a regular starter?

Of if he's going to be a regular starter, where would he play?

I'd love for him to learn and play under Pochettino, but I think that he'd do more "learning" than "playing" next year if he goes to Tottenham.

perhaps this is planning for a potential eriksen departure at some point in the near future. i know their styles aren't apples to apples, but pulisic is good with the ball at his feet and has been good when played down the middle. otherwise you're looking at him providing depth or as a replacement for son or dele at some point.

9 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

perhaps this is planning for a potential eriksen departure at some point in the near future. i know their styles aren't apples to apples, but pulisic is good with the ball at his feet and has been good when played down the middle. otherwise you're looking at him providing depth or as a replacement for son or dele at some point.

Nah.